Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Choco1980 posted:

You're new party member needs more to him if he's going to be useful. Put the hand on the bloody bones. We're making a new friend piece by piece!

Good idea!

You place the gross bones on the ground, happy they're no longer taking up space in your inventory if that's even a thing I don't know I have no idea. Forming the shape of the hand that they were once contained in, you consider that you probably could've done something funny like make them be in the shape of a dick or something, but that'd be disrespectful to your dead... uh... friend? Is anyone really friends here?

Suddenly, the bones begin to glow! It seems you've accidentally done a fancy summoning ritual! I hope it's not the final boss, because you're like 200% not ready to fight that guy yet! The bones glow and emit a fragrance slightly reminiscent of noxious fumes or maybe talcum powder, radiating with an energy yet unseen in your travels so far!

However, there is a light farting noise as the bones fizzle and sputter and emit smoke that is almost definitely a major nuclear health hazard. Unfortunately you've put the bones in the wrong configuration! It seems like in order to make use of this magical paradoxical resurrecting power contained here at the end of time, you'll have to try other shapes and formations in order to make a new friend.

However, it seems like that will have to wait as CHCH taps you on the shoulder and kindly informs you that you have company. It seems like your ritual actually worked in a weird roundabout way! I REALLY REALLY hope it's not the final boss!

A bright, radiant light shines from behind the figure, towering and ominous and emitting an angry screech. The light shafts look very pretty and realistic especially for N64 graphics (I think Chron Trag was on the N64? Maybe Gamecube or NES or something who fuckin knows). Sprites fly to and fro as a heavenly angelic choir rings out complete with like 6 pipe organs and several angry sounding stringy violins.

Oh god, I think this is it.

I THINK THIS IS IT...

IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR.........

Uh. Who's this douchebag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shei-kun posted:

Is that ISAC, forced to fight yet more necramufs?

Ah, of course! This rear end in a top hat is a hero from another dimension, one given a lot of praise even though really he hasn't ever done all that much. He's got a sick space suit with a fuckin' sweet helmet that allows him to brave any weather and resist any status affliction because he's kind of a mary sue like that. Because of this advanced suit he can also rocket his health up and down like a rollercoaster with virtually no consequences! Only his internal organs will be damaged, and believe me, there are enough of those to go around between the four-to-six of you.

And his name of course is ISAC, a name befitting of such a wonderful man as him.

AJ_Impy posted:

He's FOOD. Ask him what the hell he's doing here. Be all accusatory, make it clear that it's his fault. Offer him indentured servitude as a means of making recompense for his unexpected involvement in a once in a lifetime ritual.

haha just kidding actually his name is FOOD. Fooled you didn't I

FOOD immediately launches back into the tangent that he was previously frantically screaming his head off about as soon as the menu closes. Something about kicking Zeus in the dick and Smash Mouth's hit song 'All Star' or something, who knows, he's barely making any sense here.

This motherfucker is just going on and on and on but GOKU has already tuned out, strategically thinking of his next move in the grand scheme of the cron trag storyline. It's a real meta moment for him. Just soak it in.

nine-gear crow posted:

Your new friend looks like he'd be well suited to surviving frozen shitholes with relative ease.

Don't call him anything and just drag him back to that frozen shithole place you just came from and see what happens.

Ah, good idea.

"Hey, wanna go dick around in some frozen wasteland off in the middle of nowhere with us? It's really cold there and we could use your suit to add to our general party's stat resistance so we can walk around for more than 5 seconds without dropping loving dead and reloading a save," you say. You say that. That's what you say.

FOOD puts on his sweet space helmet, snapping out of his insane rambling. "Let's do it."

You are now back in the frozen tundra. FOOD's high cold resistance (I don't even know if that's a thing in this game I haven't played Chrono Trigger okay jesus) allows you to walk around without your erect nipples poking out of your shirt and embarrassing everyone. Don't worry his helmet is still on, it's just that a certain omnipotent narrator is extremely goddamn lazy.

FOOD has joined your party! You can now boss him around! Who do you want to bring out of the terrible disgusting hole you've stashed them in to tackle this area?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 18, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Okay Blind Sally you can have your thread back now thanks for letting me do this

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Darth TNT posted:

Pretty sure he isn't serious.

I am! I've never played Chrono Trigger ever, the only things I know about it are from this LP and BUT THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE, and that's it!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He's actually LPing the game in realtime. See you all in a couple thousand years either backwards or forwards.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Go to Zeal offscreen and jump right past it to the next plot location

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is time to FORM THE MEGAZORD. Then enter an intense battle with this white-colored knight of some kind.

Also, I would just like to point out that FOOD looks like he is naked and covered in copious amounts of body hair. I prefer him being drawn this way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
FOOD: Use stasis on the robot to soften its fall so it doesn't get hurt when it lands on the ground 10 bajillion miles below

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, this is over now. Well I gotta say it was a fun ride (edit: sorry for the bump, I just noticed, that's what I get for not bookmarking a thread I participated in) and I'm glad I finally got to see Chrono Tragger in all its glory. Now I don't have to play it! Thanks for letting me participate Sally/Crow. :)

• Locked thread