Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Warm water (not hot) is right, but you also want to avoid moving those parts, so a bath is more likely than holding them under running water :eng101:

Eh. We're not armed enough for more noise from me.

Keep
Play: Food 2: (Food, Hospital) Waste Pile: Add 2 food tokens to the food supply
Play: Food 1: (Food, Starter) Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply
Play 2 cards into crisis
End turn

Could maybe use the Sheriff at the hospital after all, PM. Up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm good for that. Is it my turn?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, unless somehow I triggered a Crossroads card in that last bit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cool.

I'd like to make a Request. If anyone has any weapons or anything before I go, I wouldn't mind getting something on my Sheriff. I won't be able to both search and use my double-kill ability this turn, so some kind of insurance would be nice.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And, while I wait:

Use Junk from hand on 1-pip die.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Ugh, I hadn't looked at your dice. Good luck with that reroll.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
3 food is added to the colony

Max Peck plays 2 cards into the crisis.

Morale: 6
Rounds: 5
Food: 3
Crisis cards: 2
Waste: 3

Players

Poison Mushroom

Daniel Smith: Sheriff, 66 2 5; Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Brandon Kane: Janitor, 26 2 4; Colony: Once per round you may remove 5 cards instead of 3 from the waste pile when taking the clean waste action.
Cards: 5
Dice: 2 4 4

Locus

Gabriel Diaz: Fireman, 60 2 3; Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Harman Brooks: Park Ranger, 32 3 3; Anywhere: If Harman would receive a frostbite wound, he received a wound instead.
Dice: 6 2 3

tarbrush

David Garcia: Accountant, 50 4 3; Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card.
Talia Jones: Fortune Teller, 28 3 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Dice: 6 6 6

Gravy Train Robber

Carla Thompson: Police Dispatcher, 22 4 2; Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Andrew Evans: Farmer, 12 3 3; Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Dice: 3 2 4

Max Peck

Brian Lee: Mayor, 68 3 4; Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades: (Book, School) Equip: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Arthur Thurston: Principal, 62 4 2; School: Once per round when performing a search at the school you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Olivia Brown: Doctor, 56 4 3; Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself.
Cards: 2
Dice: 6 2 1

Action queue: Poison Mushroom's turn

Kerro fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 6, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Poison Mushroom plays Junk, and 1 is rerolled: 4!

Just so you know, there are no weapons in the starter items, so the only person who might conceivably have a weapon would be Max since he has searched already. However, if you were keeping track of the cards he's played, he's also played 3 cards that came from searches i.e. he does not have any cards other than his starter cards remaining in hand.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If the roll doesn't work out (check just above you, Kerro), I can either just search with the Janitor (4+ search ability seems remarkably useful), or use a Food if we really want the Janitor to stick around to mop things.

I have other plans, maybe, but then I won't be able to do much for the crisis, and that doesn't seem like a good idea.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hm, alright. Gonna try something stupid. Yell at me later if this is a bad idea.

Use fuel to move Sheriff to Hospital.
Use 2-pip die to clean up 5 waste (3, plus the Junk, plus the fuel)
Use other fuel to move Janitor to the Hospital.
Use first 4-die to search. PM incoming on search preferences.

Further actions awaiting search results.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I was about to suggest murderising some zombies, but whevs.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Kerro posted:

Just so you know, there are no weapons in the starter items, so the only person who might conceivably have a weapon would be Max since he has searched already. However, if you were keeping track of the cards he's played, he's also played 3 cards that came from searches i.e. he does not have any cards other than his starter cards remaining in hand.

Except I got four cards from searching three times :) But yeah, got nothin' for you, PM, school doesn't have any weapons for me to have found.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oops yeah, 4 cards..

Daniel moves to the hospital, burning a fuel.

Brandon does what he does best, and cleans waste.

Brandon moves to the hospital as well, burning another fuel.

Brandon/Daniel tag-team search at the hospital. Card sent. Keep or make noise?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My thinking is that either I can search again, and just hope REALLY hard that no one gets bit, or use the Sheriff to clear out some zambos (and hope really hard that he doesn't get bit).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Useful, but not right now.

Make some noooooise.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Getting killed from zombie overflow works differently from rolling for exposure.

During the colony phase, you add 1 zombie to each location for each survivor at that location. If there are not enough spaces to place zombies, one survivor at that location with the lowest influence is automatically killed for each zombie that cannot be placed. That means that with 3 survivors at the hospital and 2 zombies there already, you are guaranteed to lose a survivor if you do not reduce their numbers since 3 more zombies will be added.

With that in mind (since I'm guessing that wasn't clear from the rules), you may take back moving Brandon to the hospital if you wish since it would not have affected your search.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wouldn't it have? I only had a 4-pip, and the sheriff can only search on a 5, right?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oh true, I missed that part. So yes I guess Brandon has to go the hospital, unless you would rather not send the Sheriff (in which case you would save a fuel but Brandon's cleaning wouldn't have been as effective).

In either case:

Noise made at the hospital, card sent!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ugh. Alright. Well, I'll keep what I've got, since it's still totally possible that with things as they are, I could roll really unluckily on my Noise and get the Janitor killed anyways. That would be Bad, because it seems like Waste can pile up really quickly.

Keep most recent card
Use second 4-pip die, two-for-one zombie murder special

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Daniel beats down the zombies with his bat. Daniel is unaffected by exposure, 2 zombies are killed!

Well there we go, now you're safe even with this noise :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sexcellent.

If someone with some nice dice wants to come help me search the Hospital, I wouldn't mind. Just so long as you can pull your own weight on clearing out zambonis.

Play 1 into the crisis.

I feel like we should pay attention to who's played how much into each crisis, especially this one, since Starter Cards are, from my understanding, impossible to trace the source of.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And since there isn't really much else I can do...

End turn, sudden Crossroads nonwithstanding.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

You just need to let me know what card you want to play into the crisis.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Someone with a better memory than me, remember that Max Peck played in 2, after searching the school. I'm not sure what the odds of medicine is on starting items or the school respectively, so I don't know if this is suspicious or not. My gut says that making an obviously scummy move as literally the first action of the game would be unwise, but I dunno.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Move to Basestar bridge, activate bases-

Wait, sorry.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Move to Basestar bridge, activate bases-

Wait, sorry.
Burn Exodus.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Poison Mushroom plays 1 card into the crisis!

Food: 3
Crisis cards: 3
Waste: 1

Players

Locus

Gabriel Diaz: Fireman, 60 2 3; Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Harman Brooks: Park Ranger, 32 3 3; Anywhere: If Harman would receive a frostbite wound, he received a wound instead.

tarbrush

David Garcia: Accountant, 50 4 3; Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card.
Talia Jones: Fortune Teller, 28 3 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.

Gravy Train Robber

Carla Thompson: Police Dispatcher, 22 4 2; Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Andrew Evans: Farmer, 12 3 3; Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card.

Max Peck

Brian Lee: Mayor, 68 3 4; Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades: (Book, School) Equip: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Arthur Thurston: Principal, 62 4 2; School: Once per round when performing a search at the school you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Olivia Brown: Doctor, 56 4 3; Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself.

Poison Mushroom

Daniel Smith: Sheriff, 66 2 5; Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Brandon Kane: Janitor, 26 2 4; Colony: Once per round you may remove 5 cards instead of 3 from the waste pile when taking the clean waste action.

Action queue: Locus' turn

In terms of the starter item breakdown, there are 5 each of Medicine, Fuel and Junk and 10 of Food 1.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Someone with a better memory than me, remember that Max Peck played in 2, after searching the school. I'm not sure what the odds of medicine is on starting items or the school respectively, so I don't know if this is suspicious or not. My gut says that making an obviously scummy move as literally the first action of the game would be unwise, but I dunno.

I can't give you numbers, but you can see relative probabilities of finding each type of item by looking at the board :) For example, at the school I can possibly find food, books, tools, medicine, or outsiders, with food being the most likely and outsiders being the least likely.

As far as starting cards go, I think all of them got dealt out? I don't actually know their distribution, (fake edit) and I don't have to, see above! So we could in theory pass this opening crisis entirely off of starting cards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, God, I forgot Peck moved a person to the Hospital, son of a bitch.

Nobody else come to the hospital unless you're ready to put up barricades, please.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Gabriel: Use a fuel card to move to the Gas Station.
Harman: Walk to the Grocery Store.

Gabriel: Use special ability at Gas Station.
Gabriel: (6) Search at Gas Station.

Harman: (3) Search at Grocery Store.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Actually, it would make more sense for Gabriel to do all of his things, THEN Harman, please.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Gabriel drives to the Gas Station and does a quick search for survivors:

Food 1: (Food, Gas Station) Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply
Lighter: (Weapon, Gas Station) Equip: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack, you may play a fuel card to kill 4 zombies instead of 1. Do not roll for exposure. Do not use the ability on the fuel card.
Fuel: (Fuel, Gas Station) Waste Pile: Play this card when moving a survivor you control. Do not roll for exposure for that move.
Fuel: (Fuel, Gas Station) Waste Pile: Play this card when moving a survivor you control. Do not roll for exposure for that move.

No survivors found!

Gabriel searches the Gas Station. Card sent! Keep?

Harman's actions will be resolved once I know if you are making noise etc at the Gas Station with Gabriel.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Make noise.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Gabriel rattles some gas cans and finds another card! Keep?

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Oh, nice!

Keep/Play
Gabriel: (2) Kill zombie outside Gas Station
Play: Food card from hand, for the colony.

The gas station is dangerous right now, and I would appreciate no one come over here unless you can kill a zombie while you're at it to guarantee safety from being overrun.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Oh, poo poo, is it me? Or do I need to wait for end of turn stuff?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I think the stuff he wanted to do with Harman still needs to resolve.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Locus keeps and plays a card:

2 Outsiders: (Outsiders, Gas Station) Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.

Sophie Robinson joins Locus' following!

Sophie Robinson: Pilot, 58 4 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.

Gabriel kills a zombie at the Gas Station. Gabriel receives frostbite from exposure!

Harman walks to the Grocery Store. Harman would receive a frostbite from exposure but it is downgraded to a wound.

Harman searches at the Grocery Store, makes 1 noise and keeps the second card (Following Locus' preload)

Locus plays 1 Food card, 1 food added to supply.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Food: 4
Crisis cards: 3
Waste: 3

Players

tarbrush

Gravy Train Robber

Max Peck

Poison Mushroom

Locus

Gabriel Diaz: Fireman, 60 2 3; Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck Frostbitex1
Harman Brooks: Park Ranger, 32 3 3; Anywhere: If Harman would receive a frostbite wound, he received a wound instead. Woundedx1
Sophie Robinson: Pilot, 58 4 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Cards: 4

Action queue: tarbrush's turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yeah - you're welcome to plan your actions ahead of time since I'm in NZ and time zones don't always line up well, but I will always post a full update as per the last post before your turn starts so you can see the state of the board etc.

• Locked thread