Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's their ironic crippling fear of spiders. Like dude unless you live somewhere dumb there are like 2 kinds of spiders that will actually hurt you grow a pair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres nothing ironic about my love for bacon

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Well, arachnaphobia is a real thing that some people have. I'd say that an ironic love for bacon is worse.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Being annoyed by an ironic love of something besides gaming strikes me as even more insane, to be honest, OP.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Endorph posted:

theres nothing ironic about my love for bacon

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm a hipster whom has an ironic crippling fear of spiders. Greets.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
what about jerky

Soral
May 30, 2009

spiders are scary, in my opinion

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress you. Bacon is good as hell.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

what about the epic bacon spiders xD

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

hey guys the ocean is really fuckin scaring look at this creepy looking fish literally gently caress the ocean :stonk:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
put me in a cage match against any fish and i will emerge the winner

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Still better than an ironic love of irony.

Especially when it's not actually ironic.

Irony is dead.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
A friend of mine is legit terrified of spiders, and he gets freaked out and makes his wife finish sections of games that have creepy spider enemies/bosses. He never did play Skyrim or Dark Souls.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mach2 posted:

A friend of mine is legit terrified of spiders, and he gets freaked out and makes his wife finish sections of games that have creepy spider enemies/bosses. He never did play Skyrim or Dark Souls.

It sounds as if his fear of spiders protected him from two bad games.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Mach2 posted:

See people like this freaking out I can understand, they obviously have legit arachnophobia, but people who have no problem seeing spiders in games or in movies etc that post stuff like "saw a spider in the shower, guess I need a new house" just need to stop trying so hard to be epic.

e. Torchlight 2 has a mod that replaces spider enemies with other mobs do other games have neat stuff like that?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mach2 posted:

I don't play games with moth enemies.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

there is no such thing as a scary spider enemy in a videogame

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ekster posted:

You need to change your avatar.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Ekster posted:

Those spiders in Blood made your screen go all woozy, that was pretty scary to me. :ohdear:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying a sizzling meat snack, or being afraid of what is basically an alien.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

There was a game called the baconing which was concentrated anti comedy. The developers of that should be executed

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Mach2 posted:

I too have crippling fear of garbage games.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
only the finest bespoke epic bacon for me thanks

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gamers aren't the same as redditors

Hope this helps OP

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Widestancer posted:

Gamers aren't the same as redditors

Hope this helps OP

I thought everyone used reddit?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

whilst eating bacon I saw a spider

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Wormskull posted:

I don't play games with moth enemies.

you don't play A Link to the Past? Sorry about your aids....

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Bacon is awesome.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Hoodrich posted:

Bacon is awesome.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Brave opinions regarding bacon itt

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

spiders keep away the bigger nuisance arthropods.

spiders are like the brave afghan mujaheddin who fight the godless evil true enemy: the USSR (wasps)

thanks spiders.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Otisburg posted:

spiders keep away the bigger nuisance arthropods.

spiders are like the brave afghan mujaheddin who fight the godless evil true enemy: the USSR (wasps)

thanks spiders.

Hahah yeah, I like the one where they drop the ring into Mount Doom.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i love spiders. they are my bros. i let them live in the house cos i know all they do is chill in a corner and eat annoying flies and bugs.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

VideoGames posted:

i love spiders. they are my bros. i let them live in the house cos i know all they do is chill in a corner and eat annoying flies and bugs.

sometimes they leave little lovebits in my sleep, much smaller and less painful than the ones my gf leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
One time I was having a mondo gaming sesh when I had to go to the bathroom, I got and it turns out there's a spider on my arm that's been there for like, the past 10 minutes and I start freaking out a little bit. I then toss my cat into the room but is just stared at the wall for a while. I guess the moral of the story is, spiders are loving gross and creepy and you should never trust anything with the same amount of eyes and legs.

• Locked thread