Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Thanks, the Asrock looks good! It takes DDR3 1600, right?
Yeah, that's what it says on the Newegg page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Kazinsal posted:

I have encountered this on systems before. Wouldn't POST, fans wouldn't spin up, CPU wouldn't fire up. Reseated every component, nothing worked. Pulled the CMOS battery, put it back in, system fired up just fine.
On an old Gigabyte P67 board, I once had to disconnect power, pull the CMOS battery, and hold down the power button for a few seconds (i.e. trying to turn on the PC). I guess that drained some sort of capacitor somewhere.

Then it was all good.

• Locked thread