Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I posted in the PC Parts picking thread but I figured this could help me with figuring out what might have happened (and whether people should avoid MSI boards in general).

I had everything plugged in correctly, everything was mounted, and I attempted to power on my system. Almost immediately, there was a flash and a flare up. I immediately unplugged and blew out the flame.

What could have caused this type of flare up to happen? Could this be a manufacturing flaw of the motherboard, a hit of bad luck?

Based on quick google searches there seem to have been other issues. The link below seems to be the only one I can find in the general area my flareup happened:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1756782/msi-z77a-gd65-gaming-fire.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread