Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

Anecdotally, I've been using Gigabyte boards for pretty much all my builds. I have two machines sitting on my desk; my main tower with a GA-H87-D3H-CF which is humming along great, and a parts computer running a GA-G41M. Interestingly enough, the G41 came from a computer where it was going to be trashed but testing found the mobo, CPU and RAM to be good. Grabbed a spare GPU and some extra RAM and it's humming along great. I built a couple other computers for the house too, one with a Gigabyte board which had zero problems, and one with an ASUS board, which was DOA twice. Hell, I built my mother a 'new' machine from my old tower running a 775 Gigabyte board and it's had no problems.

So anecdotally I like Gigabyte and they've never done me wrong. I'm beginning to wonder if I just get lucky with them? The ASUS boards aren't the only boards I have had problems with either, and that's not even going back to the MSI 478 machine I had once (Built in SiS graphics I think!).

The last time a Gigabyte board was recommended in the Part Picker thread I remember there being a catch about it only working with a select list of ram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread