Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scob
Jul 17, 2005

cards please dont pull the old 3 singles and a run act tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
Here's a hot take: The Mariners suck again.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Krigen posted:

Here's a hot take: The Mariners suck again.

Everything about baseball sucks today.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Curses.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

That got out in a hurry. :(

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Lance :bunt: fail :negative:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Two guys who would not have playd combine to drive in the first run.

Neato.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Grichuk is a cool dude.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Ah, it's a good day :cool:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Well, a 7-2 home stand is still really good!

But the pirates just don't go away.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
It keeps happening.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FairGame posted:

Well, a 7-2 home stand is still really good!

But the pirates just don't go away.
Much like piracy in real life

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Well, at least I got to see a lot of dingers at the game tonight.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

National Broadcasts This WeekAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • 7:05 pm - Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians - MLBN
  • 7:10 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Atlanta Braves - MLBN
  • 8:05 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • 10:10 pm - Colorado Rockies at San Diego Padres - MLBN
  • 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - MLBN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1911 - Cy Young, forty-four, beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 for his 511th and final Major League victory.
  • 1920 - A Chicago grand jury convenes to investigate charges that eight White Sox players conspired to fix the 1919 World Series.
  • 1953 - The Dodgers tie the record for the most wins in a home park, beating Pittsburgh 5-4. They go an incredible 60-17 at Ebbets Field, tying the record of the St. Louis Cardinals in 1942. Only the 61 wins of the San Francisco Giants in 1962 in an 81-game home season will surpass the mark.
  • 1968 - Cesar Tovar played one inning at each position for the Minnesota Twins, becoming only the second Major Leaguer in history to do it. Bert Campaneris of the Oakland A's was the other.
  • 1986 - Fernando Valenzuela of Los Angeles became the first Mexican to win 20 games, beating the Houston Astros 9-2 while allowing just two hits.
  • 1993 - The Colorado Rockies played their final game of their first season and finished with a Major League home attendance record. The Rockies played before 4,483,350.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Welp, the Nats have the night off. I'm an O's fan tonight. :smugbird:

gently caress the Yankees forever.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
go mariners, screw you tigers and oakland, please lose royals :(

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Anyone at the Cubs/Cards game tonight? If so, I should be pretty easy to find. My girlfriend, in her stubbornness, is wearing her Pete Kozma t-shirt.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Pretty sure there's more Bucs fans than Braves fans at Turner Field.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Pancakes posted:

Anyone at the Cubs/Cards game tonight? If so, I should be pretty easy to find. My girlfriend, in her stubbornness, is wearing her Pete Kozma t-shirt.

the koz gonna steal your girl buddy sorry bout your luck

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Scob posted:

the koz gonna steal your girl buddy sorry bout your luck

drat his warlock hide. In good Cardinals news, Carp and Adams are back from Plague Leave.

Edit: Yadi spotted dancing to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". Evening ruled a success.

Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 23, 2014

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Whoever's doing the camera work at Turner Field needs to pay more attention, I think that's the third time tonight that I've been looking a pop fly thinking it was a hit because the cameraguy was focusing on the space in between the outfielders.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Tune in late, Ms down 3-1 in the bottom of the first.

Two innings later, Paxton walks in run #6.

There are some days when I really hate being a Mariners fan.

Edit: GODDAMMIT MARINERS

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I think Danny Mac needs to go back to hitting the bottle hard. He has been unbearable this season.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

McCarver showing his senility. forgot about Verlander winning an MVP.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

McCarver showing his senility. forgot about Verlander winning an MVP.

But I bet he remembers the 17th time he saw some long-forgotten player for the Colt .45's slide head-first into 3rd base on a classic double + throwing error. And, he remembers a conversation he had with that player about that very event 30 years later.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I'm really gonna miss Russ throwing out runners at second.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Tigers offense is real bad (right now anyway)

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Odor is tearing it up lately

somethingblue
Sep 25, 2005

Tigers 0-14 with RISP last two games

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Woooo Cutch!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Andrew Futchen' McCutchen :woop:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
How in the world do the Royals have the fewest strikeouts in baseball. They will swing at anything. Billy Butler swung at a two strike pitch that was three feet outside and ended up on first because the pitch bounced clear over the screen. The Indians were bailed out of that by Salvador Perez striking out, swinging at nothing but poo poo - as he's been doing for two months straight now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yay Jhonny!

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

What the hell Mariners? I demand a fun wild card race.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Wooo Cubs defense and Yadi!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

More runs for the runs god yessss

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

That was certainly... a rendition... of God Bless America.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I just saw a Fox Sport's 1 ad that showed the Sid Bream slide in the context that it was a good thing; so in short gently caress you Fox Sports 1

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Look Around You posted:

That was certainly... a rendition... of God Bless America.

:stare: I'll say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

drat right he was safe.

• Locked thread