Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

GodFish posted:

The code won't work for the full game, but if you put it and the season pass in your cart, it'll give you 20% off of both of them, bringing the total price down to $72.00

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Meanwhile

Plus the £27.50 I paid for the base game, that's all content for less than the £40 base price of the main game. :yotj:

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

You can only use a discount code on one item at a time.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
It applied to both of them for me :confused:

Maybe it was a bug or something. Sorry

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

GodFish posted:

It applied to both of them for me :confused:

Maybe it was a bug or something. Sorry

Yeah, as far as I know that code doesn't apply to the Pre-sequel, just the season pass. I just got the game over at Gametap for like 52 bucks, can't decide if I want to get the Season Pass now or hope it goes on sale at Christmas.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I find the price for this a little weird considering it's not a very big jump from BL2 and it's supposedly shorter. I loved BL2 but after aliens colonial marines I don't think preordering anything from gearbox is a good idea. I'm also worried about the game falling into the same traps as BL2 with horribly broken scaling and such that will ruin the later parts of the game.

Have they said anything indicating that they're avoiding those problems this time? All I've really seen is mentions of minor additions like ice and O2, which won't really change anything if everything health gates you in 1 hit with undodgeable attacks at the higher levels, and enemy health has scaled to the point where the DOT from destroying their helmets is basically a joke.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately no they haven't.

The initial talk about game length is a bit out of date. Gearbox has said the project grew bigger than intended. It was going to basically be a Blood Dragon-like thing with a budget price but now is comparable in length to Borderlands 1.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

One of the big BL2 streamer guys talked to the devs who told him that the scaling will be more like BL1's than BL2's.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Honorific! posted:

Yeah, from poking around a little on the steam forums, this appears to be a mac thing.

I'm assuming it's unlikely to get fixed over the weekend.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I'm also worried about the game falling into the same traps as BL2 with horribly broken scaling and such that will ruin the later parts of the game.

Have they said anything indicating that they're avoiding those problems this time?

Yes, there has been talk of the scaling having been toned down. Nothing in official releases as far as I know but one of the big BL2 streamers (gothalion I think) said he was told at an event that the scaling is somewhere in between BL1 and BL2. I forget if it was in this thread or the BL2 thread that it came up though.

Edit: I just spotted in the 9 min Introduction video, toward the end when it mentions MULTIPLE CHARACTERS there are 5 classes shown on the save selection screen -

Gladiator, Enforcer, Lawbringer and Fragtrap we know about. I guess Doppelganger is going to the the Jack double that was mentioned at some point?

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 11, 2014

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

AirRaid posted:

Yes, there has been talk of the scaling having been toned down. Nothing in official releases as far as I know but one of the big BL2 streamers (gothalion I think) said he was told at an event that the scaling is somewhere in between BL1 and BL2. I forget if it was in this thread or the BL2 thread that it came up though.

He also played it and eyeballed the numbers, which seemed to indicate more linear scaling.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AirRaid posted:

I guess Doppelganger is going to the the Jack double that was mentioned at some point?

Yeah they said it at PAX. "Hey you guys wanna play as Handsome Jack?" (audience screams yes) "Okay I guess we're doing that then."

Probably had it planned before that, but yeah.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Has there been any mention about increasing the exceedingly low drop rate that was in BL2?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I only recently realized Nuuvem doesn't give out keys until the 17th. Fortunately I was able to get a full refund.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Genocyber posted:

I only recently realized Nuuvem doesn't give out keys until the 17th. Fortunately I was able to get a full refund.

Yeah, I decided to gift that copy to :siren: my bf. :siren:

I need my blands fix as soon as it unlocks man

Really great price though off Nuuvem, not disappointed.

phourniner fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 12, 2014

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
Now available for pre-loading on Steam

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kaincypher posted:

Now available for pre-loading on Steam

Ungh, you are so behind the curve, Kaincypher. God! :rolleyes:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ghostpilot posted:

Has there been any mention about increasing the exceedingly low drop rate that was in BL2?

No mention, but it's a good bet things will be about the same. If you're into endless grinding, then that's there. Anyone not into that will have Gibbed for raid boss setups.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Green Man Gaming emailed me a "Special Voucher" for 25% off some new releases. I was able to redeem it for both the NA release and the Season Pass. If you have a GMG account already, check your spam/Promo folder in your email.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kaustik posted:

Green Man Gaming emailed me a "Special Voucher" for 25% off some new releases. I was able to redeem it for both the NA release and the Season Pass. If you have a GMG account already, check your spam/Promo folder in your email.

Nice, that's a pretty good deal. Otherwise, NA purchasers may want to look in the SA Mart for codes that came bundled with Nvidia GPU packages. I got my copy of TPS for $40 (and that's about the going rate) off of somebody who bought a new GPU but didn't want the game, which is a nice 33% discount I (unfortunately) couldn't find anywhere else. I don't believe it counts as a legitimate pre-order, so you won't get the incentive that full-fledged pre-orders get, but it sounds like another Creature Dome, which is basically junk you'll be able to buy for pennies in a Steam sale.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Mailer posted:

No mention, but it's a good bet things will be about the same. If you're into endless grinding, then that's there. Anyone not into that will have Gibbed for raid boss setups.

The grinder hopefully can be a source of legendaries. MAybe 3 purps for one or something. Moonstone also seems to be a "enhancing" ingredient and theres even "recipes" so you can probably direct the randomness somewhat.

Edit: If I played BL2 on my PC just fine I imagine it'll do okay here right? Seems similar enough.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 12, 2014

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Edit: If I played BL2 on my PC just fine I imagine it'll do okay here right? Seems similar enough.

Yeah it's the exact same engine so you'll get similar performance.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The grinder hopefully can be a source of legendaries. MAybe 3 purps for one or something. Moonstone also seems to be a "enhancing" ingredient and theres even "recipes" so you can probably direct the randomness somewhat.

There's an achievement for getting a legendary from the grinder so it's definitely possible.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

For some reason only the "Mac Version" on GMG allows the code to work.

No worries though, it's a Steam Play title just like BL2, so it's all the same and it's happily downloading to my Windows desktop and Linux laptop as I type this.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

wolrah posted:

For some reason only the "Mac Version" on GMG allows the code to work.

No worries though, it's a Steam Play title just like BL2, so it's all the same and it's happily downloading to my Windows desktop and Linux laptop as I type this.

Wait, so order on GMG and get the Mac version for the code to work, and the Mac version redeems as windows on steam?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Whoops guess I own this game now thanks to Amazon Tony's amazing giveaways last year. Does SA have a favorite class yet based on all the gameplay footage we've seen? Personally leaning towards the gunslinger chick.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'll be a day or two late to the party on 360 because my broke rear end had to sell old textbooks to Amazon to get this. It looks like it's gonna rule and I'm probably using Gunslinger chick my first play through. I usually don't play online but I get the feeling I'll have to if I really want to use Claptrap.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Claptrap and Athena both look pretty cool to me, but apparently we're also getting a Handsome Jack double so obviously he's going to be the correct answer.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'm on the 360 in the UK so definitely won't be playing until Friday. May even have to stay out of this thread to avoid any spoilers.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Irony.or.Death posted:

Claptrap and Athena both look pretty cool to me, but apparently we're also getting a Handsome Jack double so obviously he's going to be the correct answer.

It looks like he's gonna be DLC tho so

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

They all look good to me, really.

I don't know if we'll ever get a character who is as totally freaking insane to play as Krieg ( I mean, Krieg has EXPLOSIONS OF LIFE! ) but Claptrap looks close.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

I'm pretty excited to Captain America it up as Athena. I really hope the shield makes a satisfying clang noise when I throw it at bad guys/my friends.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm probably going to start as Nisha or Athena, but all the characters look pretty drat good this time around.

EDIT: So we seem to have the lunar buggy and stingray for vehicles only? No 4-player vehicle I guess then.

EDIT: \/ I usually love pet classes but Wilheim isn't quite doing it for me for some reason.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 12, 2014

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I like having a pet, so Wilhelm first for me.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

wdarkk posted:

I like having a pet, so Wilhelm first for me.

TWO pets. One of which heals you! Pretty sweet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't particularly like any of the class gimmicks for Pre-Sequel but I'm just gonna go with Wilhelm first too.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

My characters in BL1 and BL2 were Roland and Axton, so Wilheim seems like the obvious choice.

I kind of want to play as claptrap for the insanity, but feel like everyone will want to play as him first. I'm heading towards Athena as my first character I think.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Wilhelm, if only for his 'shoot while sprinting' skill.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kumaton posted:

Wilhelm, if only for his 'shoot while sprinting' skill.

Shoot while sprinting will turn him into something very unique and awesome, I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
So if I pre-ordered for Xbox360 through EB Games, do I need to tell Gearbox I have it coming to get key offers?

• Locked thread