Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Sleepy Hollow airs Mondays at 9/8c on Fox.

Sleepy Hollow is a show that, on paper, sounds like a mess. Ichabod Crane a real person who works for general George Washington is killed, put into a magical sleep by his wife (who is a witch), wakes up in 2013 and joins forces with a lady cop to keep the world from ending? Suuuure.

But then in execution, they got it all right. The show itself acknowledges how crazy it is but the actors play it straight. It sets just the right tone and balances drama, horror, humor, personal relationships and action just right. The cast is diverse and all good at what they do. Last season's OP started with everyone being ready to hatewatch the show and the first episode ended with nearly everyone floored at how much they enjoyed what they just watched.

Also, just to note, the producers have confirmed that setting out they have a 7-year plan.

Get ready for season 2, with 18 episodes as compared with last season's 13.

Don't remember anything about what happened last season? Catch up in 6 minutes

After Ichabod Crane "dies" during a mission for General George Washington in 1781, he awakens in 2013 Sleepy Hollow, New York. But so does the Headless Horseman, whose head Ichabod chopped off before his perceived death. The horseman begins his nightly killing spree, and Ichabod must partner with Lt. Abbie Mills.

Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) - UK defector, Revolutionary war hero, personal friend of George Washington, inadvertent time traveler, surprise father, witch's husband, and enjoyer of donut holes.

Also hates energy drinks and outdated phones.

One of two "witnesses" of the End Times tasked with stopping the apocalypse.

At the end of last season, Ichabod was involved in a family spat between his wife, Katrina, and their son, Jeremy. He was literally buried alive by it.

Police Lieutenant Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) - well respected cop, orphaned child, Ichabod's baby sitter, reluctant receiver of many a man's affections, Corbin's protegee, has sister issues and enjoys dressing others in skinny jeans.

The other witness to the End Times.

At the end of last season she was trapped in purgatory with her literal memories.

Police Captain Frank Irving (Orlando Jones) - will not take your poo poo, OK with throwing a guy down if he thinks they're threatening his family, divorcee, father to Macy, and reluctant believer in the End Times.

At the end of last season, Irving was in police custody for confessing to murders which he didn't commit to save his daughter.

Katrina Crane (Katia Winter) - Ichabod's wife, literal witch, engagement breaker, was trapped in purgatory for 200+ years until recently, mother of Jeremy, third wheel.

At the end of last season, Katrina had made it to the real world, though her witch powers are weak or dead, and also handed over to the headless horseman.

Jenny Mills (Lyndie Greenwood) - sister to Abbie, formerly possessed, Corbin's secret other protegee, badass with a gun, has a messy car but a big heart.

At the end of last season, Jenny might be dead as she was in a pretty scary car accident brought on by Headless.

The Headless Horseman / Abraham Van Brunt (Played by multiple people, Abraham was Neil Jackson) - Very jealous ex-fiancee, first horseman of the apocalypse, ex-best friend to Ichabod, great with modern firearms

At the end of last season, Headless was pretty happy to have his ex-fiancee back, and maybe more of his hell-buddies joining him.

Henry Parrish (John Noble) - Sin Eater, super sweet old man, good friend to Ichabod, Abbie and Jenny, very encouraging and inspirational and all around good guy.

Whoops! Actually he's Jeremy Crane, son of Ichabod and Katrina, also preserved for many years and awoken later as a bitter and broken man. Oh and also War, the second horseman of the apocalypse.

At the end of last season, had a heartwarming family reunion with his parents, and broke the second seal.

August Corbin (Clancy Brown) - Sheriff of Sleepy Hollow until he lost everything above his shoulders about 10 minutes into the pilot. Still hangs out as a ghost or hallucination to Abbie and in flashbacks, though. True believer and put together a lot of clues, information and research which Abbie and Ichabod use basically weekly.

At the end of last season - Still dead. Really, actually dead.

Andy Brooks (John Cho) - Super Nice Guy who loves Abbie more than anyone and like no one else ever could. Totally not creepy AT ALL. Former policeman in Sleepy Hollow and now has a new boss, Moloch.

At the end of last seasons, he died again, probably this time for good or mostly good as John Cho is now hanging out with Karen Gillian.

Cynthia Irving (Jill Marie Jones) - lawyer, mother and Frank's ex-wife.

At the end of last season she watched Frank turn himself in to save Macey, was maybe reconnecting with him.

Macey Irving (Amandla Stenberg) - Spunky teenager, daughter of frank and Cynthia, prone to demon possession, wheelchair bound due to an accident, totally didn't kill those guys while possessed.

At the end of last season she watched her dad get carted off to jail and was still dealing with that whole "got possessed" thing.

Luke Morales (Nicholas Gonzales) - Pretty good cop, Abbie's ex boyfriend, not a fan of Ichabod's.

At the end of last season, ehhh, he was around but didn't have anything crazy happen to him except a few minutes of demon possession all season. Still hoping to get back together with Abbie.

Resources
Official Site
Official Show Twitter
Sleepy Hollow Podcast on The Nerdist
Sleepy Hollow Writer's Twitter
John Cho's Twitter
Katia Winter's Twitter
Tom Mison's Twitter
Orlando Jones' Twitter
Nichole Beharie's Twitter
Exec Producer Marc Goffman's Twitter
Phillip Iscove's (co-creator) Twitter
gently caress Yeah, Sleepy Hollow! Good fan-run tumblr
Orlando Jones' tumblr

Annakie fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Watch this show for the most petty portrayal of the The Headless Horseman ever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I, for one, hope Yolanda plays a bigger role in this season.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

mr.capps posted:

Watch this show for the best portrayal of the The Headless Horseman ever, because he shoots fuckin' ASSAULT RIFLES.

Fixed that for you.

Good OP, Annakie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hcreight posted:

Fixed that for you.

Good OP, Annakie.

I thought the most petty portrayal implied it was the best portrayal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

The producers did say they wanted to bring her back eventually.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I am excite.

More machine-gun totting headless horseman please.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're doing some tie in comic book stuff that's supposed to have some Ichabod in the past stories as well as some of what Jenny was doing before the show started.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show is a great show. I still have hope we haven't seen the last of John Cho... even if it is pretty unlikely. Ah well I'm sure they'll come up with more lovable mooks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna miss Zombie Frankenstein John Cho Leaping Into Washington's Secret Masonic Tomb That Is Now On Fire.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I am so excited for this. The temptation to email in sick at school in order to watch it live, is just ridiculous.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This show sets the bar for batshit crazy, and doesn't gently caress up on the other stuff. It's great :allears:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Who is Yolanda?
e
: nvm, I remember now.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 22, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna miss Zombie Frankenstein John Cho Leaping Into Washington's Secret Masonic Tomb That Is Now On Fire.

We should show this sentence to people who've never seen Sleepy Hollow and see how many of them think it's fake.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That was a hell of an episode. It just kept escalating!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Waffleman_ posted:

That was a hell of an episode. It just kept escalating!

Wait, what? has the first episode of season 2 aired?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

Wait, what? has the first episode of season 2 aired?

That was the last episode of season 1!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

That was the last episode of season 1!

Oh well. I guess I need to calm down then.

One day more...

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

The Lord Bude posted:

Oh well. I guess I need to calm down then.

One day more...

More like 11 or so hours more. I re-watched the last 4 episodes yesterday to make those gifs and just to re-sink myself into the show. I still can't believe this show is even a thing not to mention how great it is. Can't wait for this tonight. :dance:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Annakie posted:

More like 11 or so hours more. I re-watched the last 4 episodes yesterday to make those gifs and just to re-sink myself into the show. I still can't believe this show is even a thing not to mention how great it is. Can't wait for this tonight. :dance:

I'm in Australia though, so by the time it airs it will be 'tomorrow'. On the other hand I get to spend 10 hours sleeping between now and then so the wait won't be as painful for me!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm in Australia though, so by the time it airs it will be 'tomorrow'. On the other hand I get to spend 10 hours sleeping between now and then so the wait won't be as painful for me!

:australia::hf::australia:

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

Oh! Sorry! I'm glad you guys at least get the show at about the same time instead of months later, though!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Annakie posted:

Oh! Sorry! I'm glad you guys at least get the show at about the same time instead of months later, though!

We don't. It premieres locally on 6th November. I'm pursuing...alternate... arrangements. A Lot of shows get fast tracked here these days, to air within 24 hours or so, and I'm fine with that, but when a channel holds its viewers in such disrespect that they don't bother, when their executives flat out make press statements to say that 'I don't see what the fuss is about with this fast tracking stuff, our viewers will happily watch whatever we air, whenever we decide to air it' then I'm not inclined to do them the courtesy of watching their station.

I do make a point of buying the season DVD of any show I pursue 'alternate arrangements' for though. That way at least the nice people who make the show get money from me. Probably more money than if I'd DVRd the show and skipped all the commercials.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I have like 8 hours to watch the last episode of last season as I seem to have forgotten what happened.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've been waiting for this for months, yessss. Sleepy Hollow was such a surprisingly great and fun show last year (especially going in expecting some SyFy level schlock) and I'm excited to see what they have in store for the new season.

I also hope John Noble is in every episode, he's just so damned entertaining to watch.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Of course I would have work right when this is on. :(

Oh well, I have little time for TV these days anyway.

NeuroticLich posted:

I also hope John Noble is in every episode, he's just so damned entertaining to watch.

Now, let's go synthesize some LSD The Apocalypse!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
My favorite part of the first season was when they zoomed in on the Headless Horseman's face.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NeuroticLich posted:

I believe he and Katia were bumped up to main billing, which means they will in fact be in every episode.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Slamhound posted:

My favorite part of the first season was when they zoomed in on the Headless Horseman's face.

"Put your hands on your.....uh...."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I believe he and Katia were bumped up to main billing, which means they will in fact be in every episode.

Katia Winter had main billing in season 1.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jedit posted:

Katia Winter had main billing in season 1.

From wikipedia it looks like he means Lyndie Greenwood which is awesome cause Jenny rules. So drat hype for this season :dance:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

From wikipedia it looks like he means Lyndie Greenwood which is awesome cause Jenny rules. So drat hype for this season :dance:

Yes, that is who I meant. I was only going from memory.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I'm ready for a new season of supernatural American history shenanigans. Bring it on! :black101:

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
This show is so great I can't even believe it got made. Kinda the same reaction I have to awful shows but in reverse.

Strange how you can start watching something for one episode just to check out what Clancy Brown is up to, and end up with a new favorite show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes, that is who I meant. I was only going from memory.

But of course, Katia Winter in S1 proves that main billing doesn't mean that you'll be in every episode.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 22, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Lycus posted:

But of course, Katia Winter in S1 proves that main billing doesn't mean that you'll be in every episode.

Now that I think about it, wasn't Jenny in more episodes than Ichabod's wife? Is main billing just a dumb contract thing?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It can also be a decoy thing, cue Amber Benson's credit in Seeing Red

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

JohnSherman posted:

Now that I think about it, wasn't Jenny in more episodes than Ichabod's wife? Is main billing just a dumb contract thing?

Yes, it's set up at the beginning of the season via contract.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JohnSherman posted:

Main billing just means actors are a) paid more and b) locked into committing to the show. Guest star contracts generally give actors the license to find other jobs that could become their first priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
season 1 was great, hope s2 will be good, but i fear it will decline into poo

• Locked thread