Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rarity posted:

Shirtless Death
I would've gone with "The Shirtless Horseman".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

I'm 90% sure it's so they can keep War in play when John Noble is busy. Which he should be because John Noble should be in everything, but he should especially be in Sleepy Hollow because he works so well with the cast.

Well, also that he's kind of an old man and would have problems doing some of the more action heavy stuff a horseman is required to do.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Plus his whole thing is tricking people all the time, not fighting, and he used to have a pet golem, so it actually fits the show pretty well.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Well, also that he's kind of an old man and would have problems doing some of the more action heavy stuff a horseman is required to do.

Plus now you can be freaked out by two separate incarnations of John Noble at the same time. Its like Fringe all over again. :haw:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If John Noble does not recreate the duck soup mirror scene with his new friend I am going to be incredibly disappointed with the writers of Sleepy Hollow.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

muscles like this? posted:

Also, if he does leave the show or is written out, his character can remain indefinitely as War. That's just smart planning.

Just like, I'm sure, they left it open if Jenny lived or died in the S1 finale, to write her out of the show on the off chance Lyndie Greenwood didn't come back. Same is probably true of Orlando Jones with the confession plot. It just so happens everyone came back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's no way Orlando Jones is leaving Sleepy Hollow of his own accord. They'd have to drag him kicking and screaming away from the set.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Waffleman_ posted:

There's no way Orlando Jones is leaving Sleepy Hollow of his own accord. They'd have to drag him kicking and screaming away from the set.

I think his only problem with the show is he doesn't get to do enough crazy poo poo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

sbaldrick posted:

I think his only problem with the show is he doesn't get to do enough crazy poo poo.

He definitely needs to snap more necks this season, that's for sure

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I missed how endearingly goofy this show is.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Rarity posted:

Naked Ben Franklin

Shirtless Death

Crane Driving An Ambulance Until He Can't Reverse It

This episode had everything.

Laser. Sighted. Crossbow.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Consecrated Ammunition.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Memory Full.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Birthday madness.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Sorry to be the two-word combo breaker, but...

Just finished watching the finale. My loving god, that was a drat good premiere.

Is this also just a 13 episode season?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

18 episodes this season.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sober posted:

Consecrated Ammunition.

This was my favorite part.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

This made me giggle, especially #28-34. http://www.themarysue.com/sleepy-hollow-this-is-war-recap/2/

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm partial to "JENNY MILLS, BITCH! :black101:" and "da heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-" / "-eeeeeeeeeeeellllll?" myself.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Basically my exact thoughts on seeing that room.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Astrofig posted:

This job is literally hell.

But enough about #selfie.

Glasgow
Nov 7, 2009

Must you betray me with a kiss?

Sober posted:

Consecrated Ammunition.

I initially heard this line as "concentrated ammunition" and thought it was his old timey way of asking for covering fire. Made me giggle. It's less funny now that I know what the actual line was.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I Missed how awesome this show is :allears:.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Also I may be reading to much into the crazy, but didn't Satan teach them how to stop the headless horseman and war with CONSECRATED AMMUNITION (I feel like it should be yelled)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
drat, what a fantastic premiere! It felt more like a much later episode or even a finale because so much happened with very little filler. Where the hell (lol) does it go from here? I can't wait to find out.
Also, the cast is loving awesome and look like they have a blast making the show. I love everyone involved and is there anyone that can play both sinister and sweet like John Noble? And Nicole Beharie is so drat beautiful... Tom Mison is too but Nicole is just gorgeous.

My only complaint is there was no Orlando Jones and too little John Cho. Sleepy Hollow is the most fun show on TV right now, and such well done fun at that.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

pahuyuth posted:

drat, what a fantastic premiere! It felt more like a much later episode or even a finale because so much happened with very little filler. Where the hell (lol) does it go from here? I can't wait to find out.
Also, the cast is loving awesome and look like they have a blast making the show. I love everyone involved and is there anyone that can play both sinister and sweet like John Noble? And Nicole Beharie is so drat beautiful... Tom Mison is too but Nicole is just gorgeous.

My only complaint is there was no Orlando Jones and too little John Cho. Sleepy Hollow is the most fun show on TV right now, and such well done fun at that.

When the season premiere first started up, I got pissed as hell because I was sure I'd somehow missed the first episode where Jenny and Katrina were killed.

I love Nicole too, she's beautiful and tiny. Lyndie Greenwood (Jenny) is no slouch in the looks department either. I noted a few sparks between Jenny and Ichabod, too. Hmm, with Jenny, Abigale and Katrina, a man with a big enough bed and a strong constitution could have one hell of a foursome.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is it just me or did Abby's actress get new teeth? Also lost a bunch of weight and got lip injections.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The SleepyCast confirmed that John Noble is in nearly every one of the first 11 episodes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The SleepyCast confirmed that John Noble is in nearly every one of the first 11 episodes.
My friend hosts it. :3:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

He might have skipped an episode or two so he could record lines for the new Scooby-Doo movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

johntfs posted:

He might have skipped an episode or two so he could record lines for the new Scooby-Doo movie.

Z-Zoinks, Scoob! It's, like, the Headless Horseman!

Stand back, Norville. I shall take care of this. Are you here, Leftenant?

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sbaldrick posted:

Also I may be reading to much into the crazy, but didn't Satan teach them how to stop the headless horseman and war with CONSECRATED AMMUNITION (I feel like it should be yelled)

Maybe/maybe not? It's possible Moloch/Henry were just bullshitting about CONSECRATED bolts. I think Moloch is a little too smart to just hand the protagonists some free advice on how to beat his henchmen. We also saw how well an exorcism went last season with Irving's daughter, so I feel it might be safe to say more conventional methods might not work too well!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

NeuroticLich posted:

Maybe/maybe not? It's possible Moloch/Henry were just bullshitting about CONSECRATED bolts. I think Moloch is a little too smart to just hand the protagonists some free advice on how to beat his henchmen. We also saw how well an exorcism went last season with Irving's daughter, so I feel it might be safe to say more conventional methods might not work too well!

I would even go to say that the consecrated ammo was a lighthearted parody of similar shows.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

If you enjoy John Noble you all should listen to the podcast, he gives a pretty great interview.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Just finished the episode, and my girlfriend and I loved it! So excited for another season and a new thread with the rest of you rum beggars!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Again and again they just keep blowing their wad like wads grew on trees or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Martout posted:

Again and again they just keep blowing their wad like wads grew on trees or something.

SleepyCast said they used more VFX than usual for this premiere, so their wad is probably spent.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Waffleman_ posted:

SleepyCast said they used more VFX than usual for this premiere, so their wad is probably spent.

Headless Horseman, shirtless horseman, double Ichabod, gate from Purgatory, and War's armor are about all I can think of. That can't honestly be considered an unusual amount of VFX in the year 2014, can it?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

Headless Horseman, shirtless horseman, double Ichabod, gate from Purgatory, and War's armor are about all I can think of. That can't honestly be considered an unusual amount of VFX in the year 2014, can it?

Maybe their definition of 'lots of VFX' is a little different given the amount of practical effects they tend to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Also the vines trapping Ichabod, the end of War's dream trap thing, the lightning hitting the key, probably all sorts of little things.

• Locked thread