Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yeah go on then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm sure you'll both master the toilet someday grandi and opop.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Confirming (that I'm about to go to bed).

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

feel free to vote no lynch first friend :)

Oh go on then since you asked nicely :) ##vote no lynch

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Ok, let's actually do some scum hunting. I said that voting along with no lynch is scummy and out of those three players I pick...

##vote Puntification

He's very smart but he hasn't commented on anything and just slapped a vote down. He's better than that.

If you look at my confirmation post you might be able to puzzle out the reason for my lack of comments.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Isn't the mr man called mr nobody?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

So you're claiming to be Mr Lazy. Paging Mr Rolecop to the thread, cleanup required on page 4.

If it's lazy to try to go to bed before 1am on a work night, I guess I am.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

...Fair point.

##unvote

Why are you voting no lynch? Asiina, JJ, same question.

Well mostly I thought it was funny but it does seem like a possible meta for taste and it also doesn't seem like that great a gambit for scum to pull just to buy an extra NK. I'm a little concerned he got the name wrong now that I'm actually paying attention though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

I don't know. I'd believe that TT looked at his PM once, and forgot the name by the time he posted what the name was.

Well it's not like I'm voting him for it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Why is jon joe's vote to no lynch worse than mine or asinna's?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Your Personal Muse posted:

I am inclined to agree with Jedit on this subject. I would rather kill TT than help him win. What if the game ends instead of him absconding? There is a risk in no lynching and no risk in lynching.

I kind of doubt opop made a game where we could end d1.

Even if we do agree to no-lynch or lynch taste, there's nothing stopping us from waiting until deadline to do it, there's not an either or proposition to us no-lynching/voting taste and playing the rest of d1.

Somb, I find your position on Jedit compelling he's doing a lot of speculation on a claim that he doesn't believe and possibly (not so)subtly trying to direct PRs onto taste. Grandi's posts definitely have drive-by feel to them, his latest one with a vote which he may explain latter isn't exactly winning him any favour with me. Not as sold on jon joe though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

I reread Rarity and I have no idea how Grandi could think she's scum this game. He makes a bad point in a very bad way.

I totally agree with his, Grandi needs to justify his vote on her.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

"That vote had terrible, faked justification."

"OK, here's a vote with no justification!"

##vote Rarity

She's mentioned him repeatedly and dedicated a whole post to her listed reasons of why she thinks he's scummy, come on, to say rarity's given no justification for her vote on mmm is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. ##vote jedit

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
So I spent all of last night drawing fetishes and children's tv characters, it was for fanfic mafia not my own personal enjoyment fyi, sorry about that.

busb posted:

Friends let's ignore the 3P nonsense and lynch a scum - MMM - who is seeking to coast on a miller claim.

Agreed - a claimed miller who would rather we focus on 3P than scum hunt, as d1 cases go that's a pretty strong one. ##vote mmm

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey somb, would you be willing to vote mmm today?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

MildManeredManikin posted:

Scum could easily vote no lynch with you at lylo, giving you your wincon and them theirs.

Hey people voting me, what makes me scummier than the other people who have the same opinions as me? I'm not the only person who wants Taste gone. Is it just that I claimed miller? The thing you're supposed to do?

It's the combo of miller claim and this post:

MildManeredManikin posted:

Well, the big difference to me is that the player we all think is scum doesn't exist, but we know TT is 3p.

Anyway we gain most of the info you get out of a day one, which is looking at how the players interacted and what their perspectives are. We'll probably also get an NK flip as well, giving us even more information to vote on D2.

3Ps have to be dealt with at some point and I'd rather do it now than lylo, when we'd presumably have a lot more information to figure out who is scum.

It's actively discouraging scum hunting in favour of 3P and this is scummy behaviour in my opinion, as I did the exact thing as scum. Also I don't like the way you say we know TT is 3P, he's claimed it and that's different, this is a semantic quibble but potentially it speaks of a more informed viewpoint regarding alignment, this last point is rather silly and I wouldn't really consider it if not for the other points being sufficient to think you're scum already.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Voting to no lynch is definitely worse for Town than voting for you, and that's not ideal either. I wouldn't be surprised if the scum are doing it right now; it's almost better for them than a mislynch, because it's harder to attach blame and there's no need to justify it.

So you no longer think he's a jester?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I am tempted myself to be honest. Split between that and suggesting we bumrush jedit.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

I cannot support any violence this day when pacifism will bring such joy :greenangel:

As a show of good faith maybe you could give some opinions about evil-doers and n'erdowells in the game?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think people other than me trying to make this about me are p fishy

I also think this so I'm willing to believe you are on the level. ##vote no lynch

To expand on this I'm currently still suspicious of MMM for previously stated reasons but I'm impatient and not seeing any forward movement on this so would happily wait and indulge taste first and go forward tomorrow with the added info of the taste's claim being verified (or not) and the NK. I'm also suspicious of jedit's hyperbole regarding how bad a no lynch would be for town as well as his pre-emptive overly defensiveness about being asleep during the deadline, given that he's not the only UK-based player and had zero votes at the time, seemed rather needless. Grandi is still phoning it in but it's not been a high effort game on most people's part so far, by most people I mean myself so while I'd be willing to vote him generally speaking it'd be after MMM and/or jedit ideally. I currently feel pretty good about somb and rarity, everyone else are ok to neutral on the old puntifiscope (my patented scum detector). I'm gonna go off and play computer games for a bit and will be back before the deadline.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

busb posted:

i super hate this post because you point out MMM, Grandi, jedt, as scummy but then just settle on the anti-town nolynch.

I like to make my positions known but I don't think I can argue them strongly enough to sway people and would rather wait for a situation with more information to move forward. I think the anti-townness of the no-lynch is massively over-exaggerated and would rather be nice to taste than lynch him until such time as he's shown to be a liar.

busb posted:

also puntification your name would be better id it started with a 'c' hope this helps.

This is the same joke Magnus Gallant made in the dune game but done less well.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

:ghost: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Still feels like a victory to me cos taste got his no-lynch. :) Thanks opop, you run great games I'm always on the losing side of! Good job scum, on the other hand way to let the side down town.

• Locked thread