Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pumped for another game, get me in on this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Confirmed.

Tremendous Taste posted:

1) hardly representative of the majority

2) that's an incredibly generous depiction of that happened

Agreed. That was scum rolling over and accepting their fates for some reason.

busb posted:

nolynching today merely delays the entire game by a day and reduces our numbers. tomorrow becomes a day1 with less people and no information to go on.

please ask me about my views on day1 lynches and miller claims.

It also gets us to an odd number which would make me feel more comfortable. Not that it would actually matter insofar as the game, but hey.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Puntification posted:

Well mostly I thought it was funny but it does seem like a possible meta for taste and it also doesn't seem like that great a gambit for scum to pull just to buy an extra NK. I'm a little concerned he got the name wrong now that I'm actually paying attention though.

I don't know. I'd believe that TT looked at his PM once, and forgot the name by the time he posted what the name was.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Asiina posted:

I absolutely believe TT's claim. It fits in with his meta perfectly. Also I don't believe scum would make this kind of gambit. There's no reason for it. So given that he's telling the truth, what are the options?

Scum won't NK him because he's 3P. If we ever decide to lynch him we might as well no lynch and give him his win, it has the same effect. The reason I'd do it now is that we may eventually get to a MYLO situation with TT where we want to no lynch and won't be able to because then he'd leave the game.

I think the D1 can be helpful, but the lynch on D1 is a crapshoot and this is the best time to take care of either a distraction or a possible late game problem.

Holy crap, we agree on something.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MildManeredManikin posted:

It is in town's best interest to remove a 3P and Day one is a good time to do it.

Agreed. Plus, I feel like being a nice person and ##vote nolynch ing.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

:unsmith: Taste was too gentle for this world.

He won because of it, too. That's actually really cool.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Looking back, I'm actually suspicious of punt for these posts:

Mostly because I'm trying to figure out the intentions of players and these two points seem like punt's looking for inconsistencies rather than looking scummy behaviour. Like, he clearly doesn't believe either of these points matter but says them anyway. It's an effort bring points against people without putting weight behind them.

Also, looking at that middle quote with context:

It's actively discouraging scum hunting in favour of 3P and this is scummy behaviour in my opinion, as I did the exact thing as scum.

[bolding here is mine]

This is actually fine on its own but I also noticed that here:

He basically uses the same logic that he said was scummy in my post earlier. That wouldn't be too bad if he didn't specifically say that he thought it was scummy because it's something he's done as scum. That says to me that he either literally described the game he's playing in this thread or it says that he didn't honestly interpret my earlier post when he described it as discouraging scum hunting.

More reads coming up in a bit as I work through the thread.
[/quote]

Looking for inconsistencies isn't looking for scummy behavior? Also good job casing a dead townie.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

I forgot you were in this game apostate, but I'm pretty sure I remember thinking you were scum.

Yeah... I was more focused on the game that has my screen name in the title.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

Will you fuckers stop dismissing my case before apostate responds to it? That was the whole point. Uggghghghghgh I hate you all

When I gently caress up and don't pay enough attention to a game, I feel bad. End of reasoning for that post.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

hello we have seven hours and i am frustrated, please vote someone.

Christ, I did it again and paid a bunch of attention to your game.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote busb

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

busb posted:

No. ##vote apostate

I am about to be on a 4 hour drive so if you lynch me then good job you lynched Mr Brave... The doctor.

Oh. Well then. ##unvote

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

busb posted:

It could have been rarity or me that caused the nokill. scum have no way of knowing just yet. I'd be tempted to ask rarity not to divulge her protection target as well as myself in order to keep us alive but i dunno. Hmmm

I doubt it was you.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Well, I can tell you that busb didn't do the kill, either.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

busb posted:

Eh it seems likely at this point i wouldn't even end up getting targetted by scum. i'm 1shot bulletproof, fakeclaimed doc for above reasons on how likely i thought the real doc would counterclaim and to hopefully draw the scumkill.

so yes it's possible they tried to kill me but more likely they went after rarity and will try and get an easy lynch off on me today.

Well, I definitely wasted my night action last night then.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

The NK?

No. I'd rather not divulge the exact mechanics behind my role.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Family stopped by unexpectedly. Yeah I would've re-voted busb after the counterclaim if I'd had the chance.
##vote busb

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##unvote So many rooooooooooles

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Busb: I'm not a tracker.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

busb posted:

If you're not a tracker i don't know how you can definitively say i didn't attempt the nightkill apostate but whatever.

you can try and vig me if you like to confirm me because it will fail.
There is no way the roleblocker on asiina was town, it was obvious she was the cop.

Somber: I've explained the thought process of why i acted the way i did. If you don't believe it then so be it, i just get the feeling that people are going "welp busb lied that means he dies" instead of thinking about why i lied. A bulletproof claiming a role that will get a nightkill wasted on him??? who would believe such a thing!

And come on how many times have you seen a counterclaim happen followed by "yeah def don't lynch that person, lynch me before them". Scum will fight for the chance of a lynch but I honestly would have preferred to be lynched over asssna and rarity.

i don't however want to be lynched over YPM who is obviously scum with his faked "gently caress yeah simple loving scum lol gently caress gently caress" poo poo.

Okay sure. ##vote YPM

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

busb posted:

Maybe if we're lucky ypm is the scum roleblocker~
or maybe apostate is lying about how she knows i didn't perform the kill? iono.

Well, I suppose it's possible if you're both bulletproof and performed the NK.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

busb posted:

You've either claimed tracker or roleblocker or some sort of halfway role of either. So you know i didn't go anywhere by knowing i couldn't have gone anywhere because you stopped me having an action, or because you saw me never go anywhere.

Im not asking you to claim but sheesh i don't even understand why you originally claimed your action. Unless you're the scum roleblocker and wanted an action down on paper so you could set yourself up for not being the roleblock on asssna.

Basically, I pick someone, and redirect their action. I targeted you, and made you target yourself for whatever it is you did (if anything).

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I doubt that busb is both bulletproof and a godfather. Hence my vote on YPM instead of busb.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

I doubt that busb is both bulletproof and a godfather. Hence my vote on YPM instead of busb.

Wait that makes no sense. Uuuugh

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Wait that makes no sense. Uuuugh

Either way my brain's dying and I don't think busb is scum at the moment.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

My though is that if you use it on the killing scum they die, which strikes me as unbalanced. Using it against town players messes up their action but doesn't ruin them.

The thing is, I don't have to pick the same person for both things. I can move anyone's action to anyone else.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

aC tell me what you think about magnus?

I'd vote him. I don't buy his reasoning behind the mmm casing punt thing. He seems to be all over the place.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Asiina posted:

So let us not wait for deadline to decide to either vote or talk about things.

YPM has been completely disengaged and the pressure he has put on people has felt totally disingenuous.

##vote YPM

I'm okay with this vote. ##vote YPM

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, let's just drop votes like crazy in what could well be LYLO.

An excellent plan.

I'm okay with this.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

Man I'm awesome.

Time to lynch AC.

Nah. I've been nothing but honest.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

Maybe. I'll re-read you, but don't hold your breath. That's not good for you.

Hey, that's cool. I mean, if I guess who does the nightkill one night, I'll be happy, and maybe cleared? 'Cause they'll die. And no one else will unless there's a vig/SK.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hal and I are masons and I am positive he's scum, I'm leaving work now and will be home in an hour or less to chat about it.

Well, if he's scum there's at least two left. He didn't do the kill.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

Then the kill was MMM, Somber or Magnus - assuming you can confirm you're Tracker. Even if Hal is scum, we shouldn't lynch anyone not on that list today.

Jedit, I've described my role already. I redirect a person's action to whomever I choose. I've been picking people I've quietly thought are scummy, and making them do whatever they're doing to themselves. If I guess right, a scum suicides.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

I remember now. I'm on my phone so without full reference. Same difference, though; unless you're lying about at least one of your role or your target, you can't be scum. Can anything you've claimed be verified?

I don't believe it can be, since I don't get to see any results that aren't public knowledge anyway (deaths).

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

No, it isn't. We have exactly the same odds of killing scum today as we do tomorrow.

As for there being scum in the masonry: we have six players, one of whom is a Town roleblocker. AC has a different claimed role, so it's not him. You and MMM are Masons, so it's not you. That leaves me, Magnus and Somber. If neither of the masons is scum then either AC is lying - possible - or the scum team is Magnus and Somber. But that would make me the roleblocker. So where are we?

Her. I'm trying to figure out how we know we have a town roleblocker, though. When did we figure that out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

Because they let the cop investigate after blocking them.

Okay. That makes sense.

• Locked thread