Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-31/digimon-all-star-rumble-game-for-ps3-xbox-360-announced/.77164

is digimon even a thing anymore? the old Digimon World game was impenetrable as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Digimon is badass. It's basically pokemon for dudes with hair on their balls.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

of course they have to rip off pokken fighters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

digimon is a thing in japan yes. its still a pretty big franchise there

edIt: and apparently a thing in america too

quote:

The most recent series, Digimon Fusion, previously aired on Nickelodeon in 2013 and switched to The CW Network in January.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
digimon is good and cool

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Endorph posted:

digimon is a thing in japan yes. its still a pretty big franchise there

edIt: and apparently a thing in america too

I think we (americans) stopped paying attention the season where they're in the real world and all the first season kids are grown up and stuff. After that it was the one where the kids themselves turned into digimon and that was just too out there

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SeXReX posted:

I think we (americans) stopped paying attention the season where they're in the real world and all the first season kids are grown up and stuff. After that it was the one where the kids themselves turned into digimon and that was just too out there

Actually that was when I first started smoking weed and I really got into the digimon scene. It's actually got some pretty mature themes and holds up on subsequent rewatches.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Actually that was when I first started smoking weed and I really got into the digimon scene. It's actually got some pretty mature themes and holds up on subsequent rewatches.

which one, the cool irl one or the weird one with all the fan service

e. video games: digimon world 1 only advanced the state of the thing it used for RNG whenever your idle animation is playing so as long as you can control the number of frames it is you can manipulate the RNG to get godly slots and level up super fast right at the start. It also reverts back to the initial state any time you reload a save. Speedrunners do the save one, not the frame perfect movement one.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 21, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
digimon world 4 was good 4 player action

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Digimon is badass.

So was Digimon World

OP uses TYOOL hmmm

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
OP, The Year Of Our Luigi was 2013 but i wouldn't mind another year tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SeXReX posted:

you skipped digimon tamers and gently caress you was that

digimon tamers is legit a good show

Soral
May 30, 2009

are there specific seasons of digimon i should watch or should i watch the whole show

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Soral posted:

are there specific seasons of digimon i should watch or should i watch the whole show

Just watch Digimon Tamers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

Just watch Digimon Tamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbLt7wgqPi8

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Mods please change this forum to Impmon Zone.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

good, OP

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Why are we getting this game but not the DS digimon world

gently caress

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Digimon Tamers is good as hell. Digimon Adventures and 02 were both good too, but Tamers is great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

red plastic cup posted:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Digimon is badass. It's basically pokemon for dudes with hair on their balls.

Yeah

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Hell Ya
                                                                              /

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

red plastic cup posted:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
The Digimon movie is sick. The part where they go into the Internet kicks rear end.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

:woop:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Also if BanchoLeomon isn't in it I'm gonna be upset.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

of course they have to rip off pokken fighters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

The Digimon movie is sick. The part where they go into the Internet kicks rear end.
the same person who directed that also made summer wars which is basically the same idea

it's p. good, though it focuses a lot more on the real-life comedy than the internet stuff

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

everythingWasBees posted:

Also if BanchoLeomon isn't in it I'm gonna be upset.

his design is so good

Soral
May 30, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

his design is so good

yeah, furry jojo with a sword, realy cool :rolleye:

Soral
May 30, 2009

on second thought, that is pretty freaking cool

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Soral posted:

on second thought, that is pretty freaking cool

he didn't really have the sword in the show at all
he just punched poo poo

was a really good season for punching

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

agreed. i have the soundtrack for that movie and it's amazing

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Pokemon was for the cool, normal, well adjusted kids. Digimon was for the ones who grew up and joined the anime club in high school.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Fuligin posted:

Pokemon was for the cool, normal, well adjusted kids. Digimon was for the ones who grew up and joined the anime club in high school.

Well guess what, that's me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fuligin posted:

no, pokemon likers grew up and joined anime clubs too

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the PSX Digimon Rumble game was actually pretty decent

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
That game looks like power stone. power stone is extremely my poo poo and so is digimon so i am loving hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

All I know of Digimon is that I remember finding it more than a bit odd even when I was a kid that there were kind of creepily sexual bondage angels in a kids' show.

Also there was a cactus with boxing gloves, which actually kind of owned. So if the game has more of the boxing cacti and less of the bondage angels and fursonas then this might be something.

• Locked thread