Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"The Line" - Alicia is adamant in her refusal to run for State's Attorney despite Eli's attempts to persuade her to launch a campaign. Meanwhile, as Diane considers joining Florrick/Agos as partner, an internal crisis threatens to destroy the firm, on the sixth season premiere of THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, Sept. 21 (9:30-10:30 PM, ET, 9:00-10:00 PM, PT), on the CBS Television Network.

By the way Matthew Goode (Finn Polmar) has joined the cast as a regular this season.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

By the way Matthew Goode (Finn Polmar) has joined the cast as a regular this season.

I figured that his plot would have been done after he dropped out. I didn't really care for his character last season.

Uppa
Nov 23, 2002

Looking forward to the season but yeah, was hoping we'd seen the last of Finn.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
I'm glad it was Ozymandias and not that Irish guy that was staying.

Uppa
Nov 23, 2002

Geno posted:

Holy crap I'm a bad fan. Yeah it's the Irish guy I was thinking of. Totally fine with Finn.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Geno posted:

Yea I wasn't confusing the 2 chars. They can both go join Kalinda's husband in Canada. Along with Zack's annoying girlfriend that Eli shut down a few seasons ago.

Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

Looks like Cary's royally screwed for a couple of episodes.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Alright season 6, will the world stop making GBS threads on Cary Agos this season?

Welp.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Bobfromsales posted:

Alright season 6, will the world stop making GBS threads on Cary Agos this season?

Hahahah.

Anyway, i really like Finn, my issue is mostly that it seems he is just a replacement for Will. Still, his character his much more interesting, so that's good.

Also, Eli continues to be gold.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Arkeus posted:

Anyway, i really like Finn, my issue is mostly that it seems he is just a replacement for Will.

There will never be a replacement for Will unless Josh Charles returns to play Bill Gardner, Will's long longst twin brother.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bobfromsales posted:

Welp.
Even his family gives no fucks about his troubles.

Good first episode although it was uncharacteristically stupid for Alicia to accept the cash for Cary's bail and then use it without laundering it through the A1A Car Wash first.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Currently rewatching. They really hit the ground running this season. Wow.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Great premiere. Was over too quick, definitely groaned when the credits rolled.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
First twelve minutes in and what the gently caress are they doing to Carey?

Man, messed up.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
in case, anyone didn't get tonight's eps's reference with ChumHum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Tech_Employee_Antitrust_Litigation

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I was totally expecting Taye Diggs to backstab Diane when she was quitting.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Taye Diggs will probably try to take over. He brought over his cadre of loyalists and Diane gave him that speech about shaping a firm of their own.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Taye Diggs will probably try to take over. He brought over his cadre of loyalists and Diane gave him that speech about shaping a firm of their own.
They already teased that with the vote. Of course, The Good Wife is good at faking out its audience.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think Robyn is a good addition to the cast, she's just so drat earnest. The opposite of Kalinda.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I eagerly anticipate Canning's and David Lee's faces twitching with rage when they comes to work the next morning and find half their department heads gone. :allears:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I gotta say that I think Bishop is fuckin' aces. I love the scenes with him. Also he's the only guy who scares Kalinda, who is also fuckin' aces. If there were an ace-off between the two of them I'm not sure who I'd vote for. You know, gently caress it, you could also throw Eli in the running, but for different reasons.

Man, this is just a great loving show.

Also, I'm ambivalent about Alicia's political storyline, but I'm sure it'll be fun as it progresses.

THank god Cary's out of jail. It was a sweet homecoming.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm really happy we haven't seen Alicia's kids this season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Grace is going to struggle with :rolldice: her sexuality this season.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

zoux posted:

Grace is going to struggle with :rolldice: her sexuality this season.
After a frank talk with Kalinda.

Then the internet will get really creepy about slashing them.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm really happy we haven't seen Alicia's kids this season.

Spoke too soon.

zoux posted:

Grace is going to :rolldice: struggle withher sexuality become a theologian this season.

Better.

Also oh my (King James Bible Edition) God the run is happeninnnnng :dance:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Castro is awesome. I hope he destroys Alicia when she runs.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Yes, defend Monsanto!

Wilson Christian arbitration, hahahaha.

"Everything is Kafka in action."

And this is all before the titles roll. This loving show.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

You just know Eli is behind Gloria Steinem brainwashing Alicia into running.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
It still astounds me that this show bills itself as a drama. Funniest program on network television.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
There should be an episode in which Markie Post argues a case against John Larroquette.

Is there a special term for Gloria Steinem showing up to convince Alicia to run? Deus ex femina or something like that.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Yes, defend Monsanto!

Wilson Christian arbitration, hahahaha.

"Everything is Kafka in action."

And this is all before the titles roll. This loving show.

Monsanto using religion to win a court battle was quite surreal. Are they a new sponsor for this season?

But within the show, good company for Alicia to defend since they'll probably contribute to her campaign.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

Is there a special term for Gloria Steinem showing up to convince Alicia to run? Deus ex femina or something like that.
Deus ex cameo.

Steinem handled the acting pretty well. Maybe they've got good cameo coaching on the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The weirdest political cameo was on Gilmore Girls. Also features Cary Agos in the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9TyPNGe4wQ

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ufarn posted:

Deus ex cameo.

Steinem handled the acting pretty well. Maybe they've got good cameo coaching on the show.

was that even acting? She simply presented an argument of facts while displaying no emotional range at all.
But the other stunt casting cameo I didn't even consider until this morning was having the actor who was John-Boy Walton as the Monsanto-ish anti-farmer.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Binary Logic posted:

Monsanto using religion to win a court battle was quite surreal. Are they a new sponsor for this season?

But within the show, good company for Alicia to defend since they'll probably contribute to her campaign.
Eh not-monsanto didn't actually win, they settled for 0 cash and gave the guy a discount.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Binary Logic posted:

was that even acting? She simply presented an argument of facts while displaying no emotional range at all.
But the other stunt casting cameo I didn't even consider until this morning was having the actor who was John-Boy Walton as the Monsanto-ish anti-farmer.

I dont see casting Richard Thomas really as stunt casting. He is a good actor who plays a lot of roles (e.g. the Americans). Giving him the Monsanto part was a nice nod to his Walton's history but not "stunt casting".

But I hope that them getting cameos from people like Valerie Jarrett, who is one of the most influential people in the White House, means that the show has good chances to live on for many years because it plays to an upscale demographic that advertisers pay a premium for (or gives CBS more love from legislators/fcc/the government).

Kal Torak
Jul 17, 2003

When Giles sends me on a mission, he says "please". And afterwards I get a cookie.
The politics in this show has always been my least favorite part so the fact that it looks like Alicia is going to run is extremely disappointing to me.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

But I hope that them getting cameos from people like Valerie Jarrett, who is one of the most influential people in the White House, means that the show has good chances to live on for many years because it plays to an upscale demographic that advertisers pay a premium for (or gives CBS more love from legislators/fcc/the government).

At this rate, I fully expect Rahm Emanuel and William M. Daley to make appearances over the next couple of months.

Kal Torak posted:

The politics in this show has always been my least favorite part so the fact that it looks like Alicia is going to run is extremely disappointing to me.

I am not a fan of Alicia's interest in running/politics either, but for now I am happy to trust the writers and see where that story line goes. I was hoping Alicia would suggest to Eli to approach Dean. Oh well.

A couple of other things I've noticed:

1. The SA Castro is basically creepiness on two legs: I have so much on my chest. :stare:
2. The other Cary. I have to give it to the creators for not giving 2 shits about having two characters with identical first names. He is also a likable character.
3. The opposing attorney in this episode, I like him. He first made an appearance when David Lee was trying to mire Alicia into a case that involved a baby of native American heritage. Good to see him back.
4. Three episodes in and no Clarke Hayden and/or Elsbeth Tascioni

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Castro was the Observer on Fringe so that context adds an extra level of creepiness for me.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

bornbytheriver posted:

4. Three episodes in and no Clarke Hayden and/or Elsbeth Tascioni
Clark is best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK