Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

However, I suppose it's some sort of larger parable of Florrick / Agos is turning into L&G slowly.

More like very suddenly, but also: I don't get why that's interesting, or why I should care.

Alicia and Cary (and other fourth years) leave L+G to form their own firm, but when the dust settles it turns out that they still have the same clients, all the same staff (minus David Lee), and the same office space. It feels pointless, and a betrayal of the promise that the excellent run of episodes prior to and following Hitting the Fan had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

More like very suddenly, but also: I don't get why that's interesting, or why I should care.

Alicia and Cary (and other fourth years) leave L+G to form their own firm, but when the dust settles it turns out that they still have the same clients, all the same staff (minus David Lee), and the same office space. It feels pointless, and a betrayal of the promise that the excellent run of episodes prior to and following Hitting the Fan had.

LOL when you put it that way they went to a hell of a lot of effort and expense just to get rid of David Lee. They must really hate him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Go David Hyde Pierce. Niles has my vote!

Carrie storyline is still pointless. And I'm glad they addressed the ton of office space they have now.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
So I guess with Finn's departure from the SA's office, Castro will strike some kind of a deal with Bishop and will sell Kalinda to him. Castro will continue to pursue Cary.

Bishop will retaliate by removing Kalinda, and he will also assume the control of both Castro and Alicia. Castro will win the SA's race.

Cary, unable to cope with Kalinda's departure, will go into a meltdown. He'll start hating Alicia because he knows he can't sell Peter and will leave the firm. Finn will join Alicia & Diane.

It sucks that Bishop might be the person who finishes Kalinda off, but if he, a common person, gets to control people in power, that's great. It's no wonder that in Bishop's absence in the past couple of episodes the writers have been keen for Alicia to reiterate 'I've been on both sides of the court, the justice system is there to protect everyone' campaign message. That very message will hit very close to home.

The person who takes the ultimate winnings is Peter, other than his split with Alicia, he's been able to get away from everything thus far.

How many episodes left, anyone?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Am I the only one who couldn't give the tiniest rat-poo poo about Finn Polmar, not least because of the name?

I desperately don't care about him every time he's shoehorned into a plot.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Junior G-man posted:

Am I the only one who couldn't give the tiniest rat-poo poo about Finn Polmar, not least because of the name?

I desperately don't care about him every time he's shoehorned into a plot.

But he and Alicia are BFFs !
Yeah it feels like the writers are really contriving to make him into her new love interest or something but he just sort of floats around and is inserted into storylines when convenient. OTOH he's a better character than Damian O'Boyle.

What's funny to me is that I thought with him quitting and wanting to start his own firm (with no clients ATM) he'd be better off renting the much-more-affordable warehouse space that Florrick/Agos just renovated and moved out of.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Good Wife has 22 eps per season, so we still have 15 to go.

Binary Logic posted:

But he and Alicia are BFFs !
Yeah it feels like the writers are really contriving to make him into her new love interest or something but he just sort of floats around and is inserted into storylines when convenient. OTOH he's a better character than Damian O'Boyle.

What's funny to me is that I thought with him quitting and wanting to start his own firm (with no clients ATM) he'd be better off renting the much-more-affordable warehouse space that Florrick/Agos just renovated and moved out of.

Well, Alicia said she'd cut him a deal.

Which I guess means that we can expect "did Alicia Florrick allow Finn Polmar to rent space at dramatically below-market rates in exchange for an endorsement?" to be wielded as a weapon against her at some point during the campaign.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
And Polmar's first client will be Bishop.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
So is this season just going to be Alicia's moral downfall and decent into gladhanding while still acting shocked and outraged that people are self serving in spite of her having been a high profile criminal defense lawyer?

Like, she's shocked and disappointed about stuff and I just don't give a poo poo about her naive reactions, and it's making kinda boring television.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I guess Castro just dropped out of the race for reasons. Pretty lame move writers. As long as Niles wins I'll be happy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tom Hanks' wife was having way too much fun during the mock trials.

e: WTF, Cary only made like $30,000 as an Assistant State's Attorney? That's worse than what public school teachers make.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 10, 2014

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess Castro just dropped out of the race for reasons. Pretty lame move writers. As long as Niles wins I'll be happy.
Yeah what was up with that! Polmar quit so Castro dropped out? This show is so strange sometimes. I guess once they signed David Hyde Pierce to be her opponent, they dropped Castro from the race?
And what happened to Eli's daughter, I thought she was supposed to be at Alicia's side all day.

Anyway...Kalinda's sex life is also strange, her and her federal agent gf have all-day sex marathons instead of working. Must be nice! Her character is so inconsistent; she used to be the best investigator in Chicago and now she's doing everything wrong.

And their law office is weird. Supposedly Cary Alicia and Diane run the company, and there are bodies moving around in the office but they don't seem to interact with their partners and employees. Too busy doing non-work related stuff like running for political office and dealing with the case against Cary, I guess :iiam:
also, is a "silent advocate" a real thing ? What is the point of having a rep at a tribunal or hearing if she can't say anything?!

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 10, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm not sure about this show anymore. It's not very interesting and more just random poo poo now.

I guess we know the reason if Kalinda ever dies, now. :laugh:

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Presumably Castro dropped out because the polling results were putting Alicia and talk show guy at 40% each, with him as a distant 3rd. (numbers pulled from my butt)

ufarn
May 30, 2009

THF13 posted:

Presumably Castro dropped out because the polling results were putting Alicia and talk show guy at 40% each, with him as a distant 3rd. (numbers pulled from my butt)
Which is both plausible and a dumb move, so it's not a record scratch, but rather a boring way to end everything that had lead up to that moment. Why play up all the emnety between Castro and Alicia and have it end with a resounding thud?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ufarn posted:

Why play up all the enmity between Castro and Alicia and have it end with a resounding thud?

To give reason for why Cary was getting royally dicked.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
I like the TV writer view of lesbian relationships: lounging around all day in silk pajamas, full makeup and styled hair mind you, drinking wine, sharing their feelings...a pair of pretty dolls with matching phones and ringtones.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

I'm not sure about this show anymore. It's not very interesting and more just random poo poo now.

I guess we know the reason if Kalinda ever dies, now. :laugh:

Agos breaking his parole conditions again - and very deliberately this time - makes it really hard to be sympathetic.

THF13 posted:

I thought Alicia entered the race mainly to beat Castro, maybe now that he's out she can walk away too.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Binary Logic posted:

Agos breaking his parole conditions again - and very deliberately this time - makes it really hard to be sympathetic.

I don't really care about Cary breaking his parole, nor do I think we need to feel sympathy for him, he's clearly in the right and what's being done to him is wrong. I wouldn't feel sad if he got caught breaking parole and had to go to jail, but it'd suck if he goes to prison.

Alicia's not going to back out. She's VERY narcissistic and being fed by Eli and co. Or maybe his attention has finally open the floodgates of narcissism that we all keep in check.

Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

I didn't think I liked Robin.
I miss Robin.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Go David Hyde Pierce. Niles has my vote!

Carrie storyline is still pointless. And I'm glad they addressed the ton of office space they have now.

Holy poo poo I didn't even recognize him til just now. Come to think of it my DHP = Prady epiphany has honestly been the most mindblowing part of this thus far boring as hell season.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Bellakitty posted:

I miss Robin.

Me too. All of the Kalinda stuff is just too cynical and at this point repetitive. They apparently can't even cash in on the drama built up by the conflict with Alicia because the whole thing is actually about actor conflict? It's disappointing if all that is true and they can't just be professionals about it because it's hurting the show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - By all accounts the Actress playing Alicia is a hard person to work with. This was back from Men In Black times forward.

Bellakitty posted:

I miss Robin.

Man, this is the loving truth.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Drifter posted:

^^^ - By all accounts the Actress playing Alicia is a hard person to work with. This was back from Men In Black times forward.

Man, this is the loving truth.

She was never in Men in Black? She was on ER for several seasons though. (Go watch ER.)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Drifter posted:

Linda Fiorentino was in Men in Black, not Julianna Margulies. Both difficult actors apparently though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Goddammit...so who is my crush REALLY on?
:iiam:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

Goddammit...so who is my crush REALLY on?
:iiam:
Probably Rachel Weisz.
There's a What The Hell Happened To...Linda Fiorentino
http://lebeauleblog.com/2014/01/04/what-the-hell-happened-to-linda-fiorentino/

Aside from The Last Seduction and Men In Black she was in a lot of 90s direct-to-video sexy crime thrillers and seems to be one of those actors who are terrible at choosing scripts.

As for the show - Bishop knows so much, he's got to have someone on the inside of the investigation. Wonder if that person will be uncovered.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Nov 11, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Binary Logic posted:

Probably Rachel Weisz.
There's a What The Hell Happened To...Linda Fiorentino
http://lebeauleblog.com/2014/01/04/what-the-hell-happened-to-linda-fiorentino/

She looks like Kristen Dunst now, jesus christ that's so messed up.

Yeah, Bishop has an insider track like nobody's business. He probably just sends his kid into teh FBI offices with a spycam stuck inside a balloon and lets him get all the juicy info.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HOW THE HELL COULD THEY KILL OFF WILL WHAT THE gently caress

Sorry this poo poo's too heavy for any other thread I haven't read any posts in here but I had to get this out somewhere.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Regy Rusty posted:

HOW THE HELL COULD THEY KILL OFF WILL WHAT THE gently caress

Sorry this poo poo's too heavy for any other thread I haven't read any posts in here but I had to get this out somewhere.

Haha, you're a bit behind the times. :laugh:

Later in the next season like 4 other people die, it was some crazy Final Destination poo poo.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Alicia's getting dumb because she's all upset at Peter doing his infidelities but they're basically divorced like Hillary And Bill. And that's her choice.

Oh well. The tv producer guy and his silly ads are pretty funny. Ahaha.

And wooo, Bishop and Cary meeting at the office. Awkward....

Drifter fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 17, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm thinking this season is the end of Bishop since the actor is doing the Halo show

Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

I think Lemond Bishop is sexy as hell. I wish he'd stick around.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bellakitty posted:

I think Lemond Bishop is sexy as hell. I wish he'd stick around.

Bishop's a fantastic character. I really like him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm thinking this season is the end of Bishop since the actor is doing the Halo show

:laugh:

MS studios was already shut down.

Hahaha Peter keep it on your pants. Also I bet Alicia fucks Finn before the mid season finale. :barf:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I just want to see her do lawyer poo poo and maybe help some people. This political turn is literally the worst direction this show could have gone. It's so boring. haha look at Alicia struggle to pretend she cares about things. Cary's basically been gaslighted he's all hosed up, Diane is lord only knows what the heck.

All sorts of stuff is going on and nothing really matters. Oh Kalinda's having sex with people for plot again. I'm with you on the Finn thing. If Alicia wants to bein a relationship great that's up to her, but this willtheywon'tthey-"oh but my JOB!" lovely poo poo is just dumb.

Her brother should be more on the show.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 17, 2014

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

I just want to see her do lawyer poo poo and maybe help some people. This political turn is literally the worst direction this show could have gone. It's so boring. haha look at Alicia struggle to pretend she cares about things. Cary's basically been gaslighted he's all hosed up, Diane is lord only knows what the heck.

All sorts of stuff is going on and nothing really matters. Oh Kalinda's having sex with people for plot again. I'm with you on the Finn thing. If Alicia wants to bein a relationship great that's up to her, but this willtheywon'tthey-"oh but my JOB!" lovely poo poo is just dumb.

Dumb, and boring. It's quite a contrivance to get Peter back into the plot. And I hope he keeps his girlfriend, she was a cold-blooded serial killer in The Following and seems even more icy and dangerous in this show LOL.

I can't remember the last time Agos had a case or any billable hours. All he's done for the past 3, 4 weeks or more is cost his firm - the bail money, and now the bodyguard. And the time and effort Diane's putting into his case. And all the work Kalinda is doing regarding his problems.
I'd rather see more of Ramona's law office and caseload.

Also, calling something out in a tv show or movie doesn't make it acceptable. What I mean is, having Marissa (Eli's daughter) ridiculing how bad the political ads were, doesn't make them believable even within the show's context. They were as goofy as Elsbeth's imaginings.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I initially liked Cary and Alicia's stories this year but I did not expect that they would be taking over exclusively at the cost of cases of the week for the most part. Just feels like filler at this midseason point.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
So here's an observation: Prady told Alicia he would not attack her if she didn't go after him. Then he (or his proxy PAC) went ahead and launched the attack anyway. Compare that with Lemond Bishop who said much the same to Cary. So even though he claims he won't strike first I don't think a murderous drug lord has more honour or is more trustworthy than a politician.
tldr: Cary should still be scared of Bishop!

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Is Taye Diggs gone or what? I'd figure he'd at least be like the old dude from Sopranos that shows up every now and then but he's been MIA for like 5 episodes.

• Locked thread