Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's the opposite, it makes less sense to no lynch here. It's better to take the chance to weaken scum, and if we miss and kill town it won't be as detrimental as it would in a smaller game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Diff between no lynch majority and no majority? both end in no lynches right?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I'm understanding that right yes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If no-lynch is majority, I'd end the day and move it right to the night phase.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tremendous Taste posted:

A lot of people think it is a gimmick but I sincerely believe no-lynches are a viable and reasonable alternative on D1 in power-role-heavy games/large games

I vaguely agree which is why I haven't voted for you.

As every auspol game goes, we need more data

##vote no lynch

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

##vote no lynch

Because it sounds reasonable. But I am careful of just following the pack. With role madness I am excited to see the clusterfuck of results. :p

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm not personally for the idea, but I will admit that there's no clear choice(s) to lynch.

##vote No Lynch

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Fun fact: the mafia setup that Met was inspired by traditionally starts with a night phase before the first lynch.

Soooo much town info and stuff re: claims. It's how this setup is supposed to be played.

##vote no lynch

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just one vote short.

The day ends with with indecision. Night 1 begins! Make sure to PM me your ability usage.

Votecount for Day 1

Lynch No One! (6): Tremendous Taste, CapitalistPig, tithin, Lampsacus, Epsilon Plus, tearshed
Somberbrero (1): Poison Mushroom, Rascyc, Poison Mushroom
Tremendous Taste (1): Magnus Gallant
CapitalistPig (1): Somberbrero
Opopanax (0): Lampsacus, Lampsacus
Poison Mushroom (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (4): mfcrocker, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Poison Mushroom

Zesty fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 1, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Back from work! Had a longer day than usual. Let's get back to it!

Pinterest Mom was found with a bullet between the eyes. She was a Cultist.

Day 2!

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 04th, 2014 at 8:40 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Remaining Players
CapitalistPig
Epsilon Plus
Lampsacus
Magnus Gallant
mfcrocker
Opopanax
Poison Mushroom
Rascyc
Somberbrero
tearshed
tithin
Tremendous Taste

Zesty fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 2, 2014

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
gently caress cults, yo. Might still be one in the game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think two cults world be a bit much. Unless you mean you think the cultist action went off before the night kill?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

tearshed posted:

gently caress cults, yo. Might still be one in the game.

At least the scum did some of our work for us.

Also sorry I missed deadline but it was at 4am local time.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

mfcrocker posted:

At least the scum did some of our work for us.

Also sorry I missed deadline but it was at 4am local time.

Correction: the train on no-lynch was at 4am

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah, that worked out super well.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm not personally for the idea, but I will admit that there's no clear choice(s) to lynch.

##vote No Lynch

I don't like Epsilon hedging his vote here.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think two cults world be a bit much. Unless you mean you think the cultist action went off before the night kill?
Yeah, the second thing.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I don't like Epsilon hedging his vote here.

I just wanted the day to end. With how everyone was voting/the lack of any good leads a no-lynch was obvious.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I agree with TT how no lynching makes sense d1 for this set up. I think we did the right thing.

Should we mass claim? You've all got a better idea on claims than me. I feel like with this many roles nobody is going to counter claim. Although I suppose a strong town role may lie to keep their head down should a mass claim happen. Is lynch all liars a thing on SA mafia?

You know what I hate? Meta. Or at least awkwardly trying to adhere to it so as not to piss off vets. Maybe I should just skip over any paragraphs that start with "well, his last game..."

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Epsilon Plus posted:

I just wanted the day to end. With how everyone was voting/the lack of any good leads a no-lynch was obvious.

So you don't think any other good could come out of D1 that you wanted it over that quickly?

Also maybe it's just my relative inexperience but a massclaim seems pretty daft.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Totally, but the way you explained it felt forced. Like "Hey guys, we're all doing this thing because it's the thing we're doing, so it's not weird that I too, am doing the thing that we are all doing."

Lampsacus posted:

I agree with TT how no lynching makes sense d1 for this set up. I think we did the right thing.

Should we mass claim? You've all got a better idea on claims than me. I feel like with this many roles nobody is going to counter claim. Although I suppose a strong town role may lie to keep their head down should a mass claim happen. Is lynch all liars a thing on SA mafia?

You know what I hate? Meta. Or at least awkwardly trying to adhere to it so as not to piss off vets. Maybe I should just skip over any paragraphs that start with "well, his last game..."

It's weird to talk about meta when it's not really a thing here.

A massclaim will probably hurt us more than it would help here.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Just checked my role pm from last night. I was visited. Not sure what that person did but whoever you are you've been poisoned now.

I am a PGO. I poison anyone who visits me at night. They will die the next night to my poison, but if I feel like it I can give them the antidote.

So come forward or don't. Your funeral

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Just checked my role pm from last night. I was visited. Not sure what that person did but whoever you are you've been poisoned now.

I am a PGO. I poison anyone who visits me at night. They will die the next night to my poison, but if I feel like it I can give them the antidote.

##vote Magnus Gallant

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if magnus is town, he has just made his role useless.

if magnus is scum, we won't be able to target him with an investigation without risking death.

if magnus is third party, the scum will not target him with a night kill and the town will not target him with an investigation.

if you're town it's unfortunate but this is the smartest way to play it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also worth noting that i'm fairly certain that role isn't possible, given the roles listed in the OP.

Magnus just played in a game that had this role not too long ago too.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

##vote magnus

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
No I didn't. What game had a poisoner that worked this way?

Also I am the poisoner. I guess met just decided to implement it in a different way in this game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

No I didn't. What game had a poisoner that worked this way?

Also I am the poisoner. I guess met just decided to implement it in a different way in this game.

Nice try

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
You guys are dumb. I am the town poisoner.

See how the poisoner role is only a town role?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

You guys are dumb. I am the town poisoner.

See how the poisoner role is only a town role?

It specifically says how each role works in the op numbnuts.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Lynch all liars

##vote Magnus Gallant

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Welp. I am the poisoner just got roleblocked last night and couldn't poison my target. Didn't remember that the way the roles would work was in the OP, oh well

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

It specifically says how each role works in the op numbnuts.

Forgot about that part.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Grand Budapest Hotel had the role exactly the way you're describing it, remember Ernie's meltdown?

I'm sorry, but even if we're wrong it's not a huge deal since you're a way bigger liability than you are an asset.

Met posted:

-Poisoner: Can poison a player on odd nights. That player dies after the NEXT night phase. Able to antidote a player to save them from poison on the night they would otherwise die from it. Target is unaware of poisoning.

Mm.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Welp. I am the poisoner just got roleblocked last night and couldn't poison my target. Didn't remember that the way the roles would work was in the OP, oh well

Why, as town, would you then make up a lie when the only possible purpose of the lie was to publicly out who visited you in thread and possibly have them claim.

It's rolefishy and suspicious.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Excellent life choices.

So, who did you target and what was your reasoning?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

Excellent life choices.

So, who did you target and what was your reasoning?

Targeted TT, because he's scum.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Grand Budapest Hotel had the role exactly the way you're describing it, remember Ernie's meltdown?

I'm sorry, but even if we're wrong it's not a huge deal since you're a way bigger liability than you are an asset.

Mm.

Oh I didn't read ernie's meltdown.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Epsilon is also scum, by the by.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That reads manufactured to me, there's no reason for mags to lie and now he just happens to be confirmed town due to his mistake. Not sure I buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

That reads manufactured to me, there's no reason for mags to lie and now he just happens to be confirmed town due to his mistake. Not sure I buy it

Nah not confirmed town. Not until someone dies from poison. I just got roleblocked and decided to try a cool gambit.

Unfortunately it didn't work since how the roles work is plainly stated in the OP.

At least we know that there is a jailor or a RB in the game.

• Locked thread