Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

/in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

What up hoopy froods totally going to try not trainwreck this one.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

someone give me meta reads for everyone in this game because i don't know anyone.
I only know myself:
Going to try real hard and be out of the loop.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It was all over when they made him an alien.

vote: Lampsacus

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

lol
##vote Opopanax

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Are you mad that he honked at me? It was a friendly honk! He even went "gotcha!" since he was trying to scare us. It's all fun and games, lamp
My el dude brother

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Diff between no lynch majority and no majority? both end in no lynches right?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

##vote no lynch

Because it sounds reasonable. But I am careful of just following the pack. With role madness I am excited to see the clusterfuck of results. :p

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I agree with TT how no lynching makes sense d1 for this set up. I think we did the right thing.

Should we mass claim? You've all got a better idea on claims than me. I feel like with this many roles nobody is going to counter claim. Although I suppose a strong town role may lie to keep their head down should a mass claim happen. Is lynch all liars a thing on SA mafia?

You know what I hate? Meta. Or at least awkwardly trying to adhere to it so as not to piss off vets. Maybe I should just skip over any paragraphs that start with "well, his last game..."

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I don't understand agreeing that Mag is a town role AND voting to lynch them.

Town should be vying for not_town lynches.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rascyc posted:

what on earth is this
Town should vote scum. what on earth

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm inclined to believe these two are town.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Can you clarify? What is this in reference to?

There's a one in three chance Magnus is the Arsonist, that's the only case that needs to be made on him.
tithin and Magnus. Rechecked the OP roles and arsonist isn't town so he might not be I guess. I understand what you are saying but aren't the odds for each of us not being town 1/3ish anyway?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh yeah, I had a reread of his posts and you can't fudge it. He lied.
##vote Magnus

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rascyc posted:

Why does that even need to be ever said?
Earlier, I was confused why people were talking about how Mag might not be scum but how we should still lynch him. That was a weird concept to me. I mean dude I know you're played a bunch more mafia than me and have already figured all this out but you don't have to be a dick about it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I felt the lynch was fair on virtue of LAL alone.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

##vote tearshed
Because of his decrying of the reasons for the d1 lynch. That's as much as I've got for a vote.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rascyc posted:

I don't want these posts to vanish into the ether. There is something really wrong with this sequence. It goes from an over-explanation of strategies to "Is lynch all liars a thing on SA Mafia?" to "I misread Magnus" to "Lynch all liars".
I honestly fail to see what the problem is. It's interesting that you think it was an over-explanation. For me it was simply explanation.

I'd wager that either EP and tearshed are scum and the other scum are jumping on the other. After rereading the thread EP strikes me as exactly how I'd act if I were scum. that is: freak out and over try.

unvote
vote## Epsilon Plus

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rascyc posted:

It reads like you wanted to go in one direction and then said to yourself wait wait wait I want to actually vote this!!!! without attracting much attention.
Oh ok, thanks for the explanation.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Should I claim?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

And yeah ##vote Epsilon Plus

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm Sheriff. Tt isn't evil but op. is.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Opopanax that is.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

##vote Opopanax

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

goddamn it I often mess up the voting. What am I doing wrong? When I unvoted last time my vote also stuck.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh it just takes a minute for votefinder to update. nevermind yall!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Let us tread carefully here. If it's a gambit town loses
Fair enough.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I salute alternative universe Lampsacus for his bravery on trying a gambit here.
This universe Lamp doesn't have the balls but to tell the truth.

I guess with our Doc dead this might be my last day. Ah well, I bow out graciously.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Occam's razor says you're telling the truth

BUT

a fish for a counterclaim might be a scum move also

Rereading is required
Do we have to hit actual scum today or can it just be a 3p?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Who were your other targets and why
Only one other target: Somberbrero. I think he lynched the jailer (like me) and felt like scum was more likely on that bandwagon than the other.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Should I just detail my night action history or is that a bad thing to do?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

N1: TT is sweet as
N2: Somberbrero is sweet as
N3: Opopanax isn't

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly, I only thought as far as "this dude lynched wrong." For all three I believe. Op was a last second switch up. I was going to investigate Ras because OMGUS or whatever.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I was also very tempted to claim yesterday as we would have had two confirmed townies (plus me hur) but rolled the die. Glad I hit something evil.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

From the OP:
"Sheriff Results
Evil - Mafia Roles (except Godfather), Serial Killer, Arsonist, Witch, Cultist
Benign - All other roles"

That's how I got it. I don't want to get in trouble by getting to close to quoting PMs.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ok yeah I get that but I meant if somebody had switched your target off opop you'd know it was them and not opop that was evil?
I wouldn't. My action could have been misdirected. All I was told was that opop was EVIL

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It did.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

So you are saying I actually checked out Cpig N1? (given I am sheriff)

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm saying I think you're lying, because you said you targeted me n1 and you said players' names show up in your PMs
Well I did target you n1 and player names have showed up in my PMs. I just rechecked the said PM.

So lets break it down:
Either I'm lying or,
The names I pick show up but really the actual target is obscured or,
Somebody else is lying.

I'd tend towards the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm a little lost of the whole bus driver thing. Did somebody claim driver and say targeted you n1?

If this is the case and that person has no reason to lie, I guess the name on my PMs are pre-bus.

• Locked thread