Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
All these new faces are exciting. Welcome to the Something Awful Dot Com Forums Mafia Community, Opopanax!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Somber's jokes never fail to make me laugh with his D1 when he's town.

##vote Somberbrero

Honestly I'm just excited to have a meta again. Feels good, man.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

and spazzing out

In Arrentia that was at least manufactured!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hahaha, I didn't even have to vote him the day town paranoia took over. Absurd.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
someone give me meta reads for everyone in this game because i don't know anyone.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
But, but I investigated Pmush. As Opop.

You know, now that I think about it, I don't think I actually have ever been a cop,

I feel like I should be able to infer something about alignment from those joke responses, and yet. The game, it is hard.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Give us a crazy theory

The island is a metaphor for manhood and the whole show takes place in the mind of teenager Jack Shepard, who was struck by a drunk driver and has been in a coma for months.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Give us a crazy theory

Really though, I felt like Magnus response was the most awkward because he responds to Capitalist's joke with the most sincerity.

This is usually where I would tunnel in on Magnus to push the game forward but I don't really feel like it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Capitalist Pig

I have a good feeling about this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey guys don't lynch me, thank you and godbless.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is maybe the one time I would be down to no-lunch because power roles.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah, that worked out super well.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm not personally for the idea, but I will admit that there's no clear choice(s) to lynch.

##vote No Lynch

I don't like Epsilon hedging his vote here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I just wanted the day to end. With how everyone was voting/the lack of any good leads a no-lynch was obvious.

Totally, but the way you explained it felt forced. Like "Hey guys, we're all doing this thing because it's the thing we're doing, so it's not weird that I too, am doing the thing that we are all doing."

Lampsacus posted:

I agree with TT how no lynching makes sense d1 for this set up. I think we did the right thing.

Should we mass claim? You've all got a better idea on claims than me. I feel like with this many roles nobody is going to counter claim. Although I suppose a strong town role may lie to keep their head down should a mass claim happen. Is lynch all liars a thing on SA mafia?

You know what I hate? Meta. Or at least awkwardly trying to adhere to it so as not to piss off vets. Maybe I should just skip over any paragraphs that start with "well, his last game..."

It's weird to talk about meta when it's not really a thing here.

A massclaim will probably hurt us more than it would help here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Just checked my role pm from last night. I was visited. Not sure what that person did but whoever you are you've been poisoned now.

I am a PGO. I poison anyone who visits me at night. They will die the next night to my poison, but if I feel like it I can give them the antidote.

So come forward or don't. Your funeral

##vote Magnus Gallant

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if magnus is town, he has just made his role useless.

if magnus is scum, we won't be able to target him with an investigation without risking death.

if magnus is third party, the scum will not target him with a night kill and the town will not target him with an investigation.

if you're town it's unfortunate but this is the smartest way to play it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also worth noting that i'm fairly certain that role isn't possible, given the roles listed in the OP.

Magnus just played in a game that had this role not too long ago too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Grand Budapest Hotel had the role exactly the way you're describing it, remember Ernie's meltdown?

I'm sorry, but even if we're wrong it's not a huge deal since you're a way bigger liability than you are an asset.

Met posted:

-Poisoner: Can poison a player on odd nights. That player dies after the NEXT night phase. Able to antidote a player to save them from poison on the night they would otherwise die from it. Target is unaware of poisoning.

Mm.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Epsilon is also scum, by the by.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It said, specifically, that you were jailed?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Even though Epsilon is scum, we need to lynch Magnus anyway. I don't really care what order we do that in, either is kind of unfortunate since both those players are active.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

that's interesting. Magnus didn't know whether he was roleblocked or jailed. That seems inconsistent. We should lynch Magnus.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why do I need to die?

Even if you're town you are a massive liability. I don't want you around in lynch-lose.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Why do I need to die?

Your opinions are inconsistent and wishy-washy. Your posting seems forced and fake.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I could also believe a town jailer and scum rb

Yeah that's a possible combination according to the OP but it's weird that Met would say "Tremendous Taste, you got jailed!" but also "Magnus Gallant, your action failed! :iiam:"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

No I knew I was roleblocked, but a jailor doctors and roleblocks. So :shrug:

oh

That's weird, the way I've always used Jailor is that it makes the target untargetable and unable to take actions, so investigations and such would also fail.

hm

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you can't tell me what a jailor is opopanax.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

An excellent question!

Magnus would be a pretty obvious choice but I'm undecided on him - he could have just made a poor choice with his roleclaim, but now that we're cooling a bit on him he may be getting away scot-free. The only way to know 100% is if someone comes forward as a sheriff or investigator, which I would not recommend. I'm not a super great mafia player so making a call is difficult. I also want to know why he's not pushing TT again as he was So Sure on the previous day.

Mostly I'm suspicious of anyone who didn't vote D1 - mfcrocker, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom and Poison Mushroom didn't vote. Pintrest Mom is dead, Opopanax is talking a bit, PM is quiet but could be at work or something? Not sure how I feel about that.

If you forced me to guess I'd pick Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, Poison Mushroom and Somberbrero (maybe not all mafia - one could be an arsonist or something I dunno). Ask me again D3?

Also since we're engaged in a dialog:

Pretty much! I'm here to play, not dither around while inevitable votes slowly trickle in. I was on the fence for lynch/no-lynch to begin with. The only person I would have wanted to vote was Magnus but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen.

Epsilon it is weird that you hemmed and hawwed over whether or not to vote Magnus and hovered around to see what the popular opinion would be, especially when you make a very good point in regards to Magnus & TT. It's weird that you assume one of your scumlist would be a third party, unprompted. What about anyone there indicates third-party behavior? It's weird that you think I'm scum when I don't match your previously established criterion, which is not having voted day one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I feel strongly that Magnus is third party, his claim attempted to discourage both town and scum from targeting him at night.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not going to risk leaving an Arsonist alive. There's a 33% chance Magnus is murdertimes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lampsacus posted:

I'm inclined to believe these two are town.

Can you clarify? What is this in reference to?

There's a one in three chance Magnus is the Arsonist, that's the only case that needs to be made on him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Eat a weiner or two, jailer.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Epsilon's outrage over tithin's death is overdone and manufactured. I am confused as to why more people are not picking up on this.

##vote Epsilon

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

It's less outrage and more of an incredulous giggle but whatever arms your crusade I guess

'Crusade' is silly hyperbole. Who is scum, Epsilon?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:ghost: Go, town. Go. :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well done Epsilon. I can't believe you got away with that, but you did! Cap, shoulda claimed earlier on that one. I should have pushed it harder too.

• Locked thread