Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

Those were general you, as in the writers/show. ex: "The idea well is already dry because there are only so many ways you can write 'Walter is the smartest and greatest person'" etc. :ms:

With 3 other people being pitched as damaged super-geniuses of their own you'd think for a second the episode would focus on one of them rather then Walter but no, every single episode is always "Walter is so great and saves the day" and the others are minor contributions that Walter condescendingly pats on the back for their help.

God, show Walter is such a prick even to kids. "There's no such thing luck, small child. Make sure to be as pedantic and literal as possible" and when the baseball dad just tries to be friendly Walter shits all over him for being an idiot and then mocks him later with "He's an adolescent, he plays a game for a living!" Like, this show takes absolutely every chance for Walter to rant about how much better "we" are then regular people and normal people's lifestyles, jobs, and hobbies are a joke. I'm amazed this show is as popular as it is, because where as BBT is funny nerds being nerds this show takes every chance to mock and insult regular people.

Real!Walter sure is working through all anger he has against normals, jocks, romantics, and everyone else who ever made fun of him and he wasn't able to spout off a witty retort that everyone stood up and applauded. He's either a writer or he pitches a bunch of stuff that may or may not have happened wink-wink and the writing staff just goes along with it because otherwise a hugely fat man berates them about how much of a genius he is and how they aren't smart enough to comprehend his "real" stories.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

pentyne posted:

God, show Walter is such a prick even to kids. "There's no such thing luck, small child. Make sure to be as pedantic and literal as possible" and when the baseball dad just tries to be friendly Walter shits all over him for being an idiot and then mocks him later with "He's an adolescent, he plays a game for a living!" Like, this show takes absolutely every chance for Walter to rant about how much better "we" are then regular people and normal people's lifestyles, jobs, and hobbies are a joke. I'm amazed this show is as popular as it is, because where as BBT is funny nerds being nerds this show takes every chance to mock and insult regular people.

Walter is Sheldon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BBT is looking at the world of supernerds through the eyes of an unsympathetic outsider. Scorpion is looking at the outsider's world through the eyes of an unsympathetic supernerd.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Walter is Sheldon.

No, not really. Sheldon is a far more fleshed out character, as crazy as that sounds.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Nazneen Contractor has been really busy... she showed up in what, 3 or 4 episodes on different shows the last week? Scorpion, Stalker, Castle and I think I'm forgetting one.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'll say, as one of the harshest critics of this show, this latest episode was actually entertaining. It was as far-fetched as you could get, but it actually worked because they got each character to play to their strengths and injected enough comedy with Sylvester to carry past the boring parts. The b-plot worked really well to because Toby and Happy are the most human characters of the cast and trying to help Ralph figure out how to impress his crush let them bond over something new.

I've been pretty harsh on this show, but even with Paige's son hacking a Chinese missile frigate to launch a missile to intercept a SAM missile I still enjoyed the episode.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Show's getting better, but for a guy who planned out a decision tree when breaking up with his gf now all of a sudden Walter is getting super emotional all the time.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Paige is kinda a hot p.o.a. though so Walter is having issues with his dumb stick taking over.

That season finale teaser has :ughh: all over it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Ugh, what a lovely finale. We get it, everything always goes Walter's way and he's perfect.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

That was the most ridiculous rescue I've ever seen on tv/movies. I mean, I know this show is not at all realistic already, but the green screen shots where an old guy single handedly (literally) saves Walter in a weird sort of Sistine Chapel reach was just insane.

It was also amusing how it took like 3 minutes for Paige to run the 50 feet from the barrier to the rest of the team (who she didn't decide to call at all when she fount out what was going on).

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I "like" how they're just going to gloss over the fact that a small child broke out of school, presumably hitchhiked all the way to the site of a terrorist attack, and waltzed into a giant furnace connected to a building full of sarin gas because of this team of jackasses. It takes all of one episode for Walter to throw a giant baby tantrum and drive himself off a cliff for attention and now everyone's come back to give him everything he wants in life and tell him how bad they feel and they'll never leave him, hooray. Paige was indeed completely unreasonable for wanting to remove her young child from a situation that almost resulted in his horrible, horrible death. Good thing she learned her lesson and came back and acknowledged that she wants Walter's dick after all! :suicide:

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

pentyne posted:

With 3 other people being pitched as damaged super-geniuses of their own you'd think for a second the episode would focus on one of them rather then Walter but no, every single episode is always "Walter is so great and saves the day" and the others are minor contributions that Walter condescendingly pats on the back for their help.

Real!Walter sure is working through all anger he has against normals, jocks, romantics, and everyone else who ever made fun of him and he wasn't able to spout off a witty retort that everyone stood up and applauded. He's either a writer or he pitches a bunch of stuff that may or may not have happened wink-wink and the writing staff just goes along with it because otherwise a hugely fat man berates them about how much of a genius he is and how they aren't smart enough to comprehend his "real" stories.

Have you see the AMA with the 'Real' Walter 0'Brien.

Dude is a fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

Have you see the AMA with the 'Real' Walter 0'Brien.

Dude is a fraud.

Looking at him pretty much tells everything you would want to know. His resemblance to the lead actor is just uncanny.

• Locked thread