Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

You're right, maybe some of the car salespeople and NASIOC experts can tell me more about my car and what it may be worth.

Also look at the Manheim auction website (or find someone at work who does) for an idea of the absolute bottom-end price of your car. That's the lowest I'd let it go for.

Lots of the salesmen I knew all had logins to that site so they could check on a customer's trade in to see how far they could low-ball them starting out. Then, when the customer flipped their poo poo, you just show them the auction data and tell them that it's going to auction regardless, and so you can't lose out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

You're right, maybe some of the car salespeople and NASIOC experts can tell me more about my car and what it may be worth.

Lemme just mansplain this for ya little lady.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm glad we have this site where we can help girls out.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Ripoff posted:

Also look at the Manheim auction website (or find someone at work who does) for an idea of the absolute bottom-end price of your car. That's the lowest I'd let it go for.

Lots of the salesmen I knew all had logins to that site so they could check on a customer's trade in to see how far they could low-ball them starting out. Then, when the customer flipped their poo poo, you just show them the auction data and tell them that it's going to auction regardless, and so you can't lose out.

Wow, thanks. I never thought of that! I definitely did not exhaust all of my resources before asking the Internet for help!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

iwentdoodie posted:

The reason her tinder dates don't work is they are terrible at mansplaining things. So now she has to find out on her own.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert
Sign the title. Give it with keys to your dad. Cut ties. Buy your own car. Problem solved.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

kmcormick9 posted:

Sign the title. Give it with keys to your dad. Cut ties. Buy your own car. Problem solved.

There is no title to sign. That is the problem.

He has the keys and I have my own car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

I'm glad we have this site where we can help girls out.

But we don't have to touch them right? Because girls is icky.

kmcormick9 posted:

She already has her own car.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert

goatse guy posted:

There is no title to sign. That is the problem.

He has the keys and I have my own car.

I don't see a problem then. If he wants it he can come get it. If he wants the title sorted he can do it himself. I don't see how this is your problem.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

kmcormick9 posted:

I don't see a problem then. If he wants it he can come get it. If he wants the title sorted he can do it himself. I don't see how this is your problem.

Come get what? Are you illiterate? The guy has both the keys AND the car.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Come get what? Are you illiterate? The guy has both the keys AND the car.

No. I'm not. It's his car. She doesn't want the car or him. Where is the problem?
Seems like it's his problem now.

kmcormick9 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 27, 2015

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

kmcormick9 posted:

It is my problem, because my name is also on the title. No one can do anything with the car until he signs a lien release and I get the title in the mail.

I know that by shooting down everyone's ideas, I look like a helpless crybaby but some of you are suggesting some straight-up illegal things and the rest of you are suggesting that I just let this car hang over my head and have the potential to collect tickets and impound fees.

I will give diplomacy another shot because it appears that I am poo poo out of luck, and if he says no to the lien release, I will see if he'll let me trailer it out to his storage locker to rot alongside the rest of his car collection. :smith:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

kmcormick9 posted:

Yes. It's his car. She doesn't want the car or him. Where is the problem?

It's registered under her name and is thus still her problem. She's trying to sever and get this unstable person out of her life but he's resisting that by refusing to put his signature on anything and likely using the car as an excuse to contact her.
E;f,b

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 27, 2015

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert
Contact the dmv and find out what the process is to surrender the vehicle to the lienholder so that you are no longer the owner of record. Say that you have already returned the car but the lienholder will not cooperate.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I just read the last 50 posts and I don't understand what is going on in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

goatse guy posted:

I know that by shooting down everyone's ideas, I look like a helpless crybaby but some of you are suggesting some straight-up illegal things and the rest of you are suggesting that I just let this car hang over my head and have the potential to collect tickets and impound fees.

Why am I posting in this poo poo storm? Or, right, because I'm a moron.

If this is actually your concern most states have something like/called a "Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability." Call the DMV. Tell them you no longer have physical access/control of the vehicle and do not intend to dispute ownership but need it out of your name. (This would be the DMV of last state it was titled in)

• Locked thread