Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer (shamelessly stolen from forums user Xenophon):

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username (seriously) to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) Format is important, so please send your answers like this:

code:
1. Miatas
2. Dead hooker smell.
You have until 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, October 4th (0600 UTC on Sunday, October 5th) to submit your answers. The big reveal will be done question by question in this thread at 3pm Pacific Time on Sunday, October 5th (2200 UTC on Sunday, October 5th), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! This time, I will be doing the reveal one question per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3pm Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

Without further ado, the questions:

1. We all know that AI is the best automotive forum on the internet, but the folks at __________ are a close second.
2. Unlike those guys I named in Question 1, __________ has, without a doubt, the WORST community of any automotive forum.
3. Car magazines are often not very good, but I think __________ is fantastic.
4. Speaking of car magazines, we all know they make predictions about the future of cars and brands. This oft-quoted prediction makes me think they're more interested in selling magazines than in being reliable journalists.
5. Visiting/seeing this automotive-related place/event is on my bucket list, and should be on everyone else's too.
6. Everybody rips on Lucas for making terrible, unreliable car parts, but __________ honestly deserves that reputation just as equally.
7. If I had the time and money, I would resurrect this automotive brand lost to history.
8. I've always thought that this feature was the coolest thing about old cars.
9. If I could go back to any decade just for the cars, it would be the __________.
10. I will stop at nothing to rearrange my life so that I can watch this race/racing series, it's that good.
11. In my opinion, these brands have (or have had) the greatest rivalry in auto racing.
12. On that subject, these people have (or have had) the greatest rivalry in auto racing.
13. If I could get seat time in any current or historic race car, it would be __________.
14. Ayrton Senna was one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers of all time. Before his tragic death in 1994, he amassed 41 wins. If he survived his accident and continued racing, how many F1 wins do you think he would he have when he retired?

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way. Until the submission deadline, discussing your answers in this thread is not allowed, as it will affect how other people will vote!

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, October 4th (0600 UTC on Sunday, October 5th). See you all for the reveal!

MrChips fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
The last question is going to generate some hilarious answers.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Lets do this

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
SENT

I hope you like some of my unique answers, I'm especially proud of 11 and 12 :D

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Unique answers are great.

FOR LOSING.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Done and sent. Gonna win dis, bring it jerks :colbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Fucknag posted:

Unique answers are great.

FOR LOSING.

I am playing to lose in this one!

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
^^ It's on.

Sent. Not expecting to be in the top third.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Why not?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Submitted.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Submitted. As before, I have provided the correct answers, for all other answers to be measured against.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
The game, my good sir, is most definitely on!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is gonna be a good one.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Answers submitted!

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Scented.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Sent in for my magic decoder ring.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

KozmoNaut posted:

Submitted. As before, I have provided the correct answers, for all other answers to be measured against.

You better hope your answers are the same as mine, or you're going to look a fool when my factually correct answers are posted.

:smug:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Seventeen responses so far guys. Based on that and the quality of the answers I'm getting, it's gonna be a good one, holy poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Sent for your pleasure! Here's to going from top 5, to the absolute bottom!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

DrPain posted:

Scented.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Don't suppose someone has a link to the first iteration of this game handy? I've sent in my boring answers already but it'd be interesting to see what happened last time.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Ephphatha posted:

Don't suppose someone has a link to the first iteration of this game handy? I've sent in my boring answers already but it'd be interesting to see what happened last time.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656521

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Sent mine yesterday but didn't post in the thread oh no!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

freelop posted:

Sent mine yesterday but didn't post in the thread oh no!

Me,too.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Are we supposed to post in the thread after submitting?

Oh god i dont know

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk
Done and done.

I'm the jerk skewing the curve.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

poo poo sandwich submitted, MrChips.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I made some edits to a couple of questions, partly for clarification, partly because I'm a big dummy and wasn't specific enough :downs:

There are a few players who need to resubmit answers for Question 5 specifically. Other than that, keep the answers coming in!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Can I revise some answers? I'm dumb.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

MrChips posted:

I made some edits to a couple of questions, partly for clarification, partly because I'm a big dummy and wasn't specific enough :downs:

There are a few players who need to resubmit answers for Question 5 specifically. Other than that, keep the answers coming in!

To be honest, I have no idea what question 5 means (my English is not great), so I made something up.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

To be honest, I have no idea what question 5 means (my English is not great), so I made something up.

A "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you die, if that's any help.

OK, here's where we stand right now -

27 players:

angryhampster
animekiller
BrokenKnucklez
Cat Terrist
CornHolio
Das Volk
DrPain
Ephphatha
Fuller9X
IOwnCalculus
keykey
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
leica
MonkeyNutZ
Phone
piss boner
Seat Safety Switch
ShittyPostmakerPro
Simkin
SSJOnizuka
Timmy Cruise

Need more information/clarification:
Freelop
Geirskogul
Measly Twerp
meatpimp
some texas redneck

If you don't see your name and you already submitted your answers, please try again. If you see yourself on the shitlist, please get back to me!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I just submitted my answers.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

MrChips posted:

A "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you die, if that's any help.

poo poo, that was an awkward typo. I meant number 4. I didn't understand number 4. Is it "what sort of dumb poo poo do car magazines make up (regarding future automotive products) to sound sensational"?

You said these were open to interpretation so I just interpreted the ones I wasn't sure about and did not take anything seriously.

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 25, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MrChips posted:

Geirskogul
Measly Twerp
meatpimp
some texas redneck

If you don't see your name and you already submitted your answers, please try again. If you see yourself on the shitlist, please get back to me!

oh, my answer is just fine, sorry for not responding

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

poo poo, that was an awkward typo. I meant number 4. I didn't understand number 4. Is it "what sort of dumb poo poo do car magazines make up (regarding future automotive products) to sound sensational"?

Yes, basically.

Geirskogul posted:

oh, my answer is just fine, sorry for not responding

I just now got your answer; well done. :golfclap:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Incorrect and/or incoherent answers submitted

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I WILL resubmit my answers soon, it just won't be tonight. :2bong:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

MrChips posted:

Need more information/clarification:
Freelop
Geirskogul
Measly Twerp
meatpimp
some texas redneck

Get your poo poo together, gentlemen.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 258 days!)

I think I did the same thing as last time and started out with silly answers, and then started answering truthfully, because I couldn't bring myself to answer NASCAR for the last half. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, goody, another one!

• Locked thread