Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I love Eliza's dancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Bowl of nuggets and some O.J.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Wigosseum

Old Spice guy spotted.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm full of salad and about to get... turnt.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Woah. Two assloads.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Whoever plays the boss is pretty funny.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
That kid's crying. I'm dying here.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
One thing I do really like about this show is that it has Eliza's social media obsession not just being her being shallow and vain because bitches be crazy amirite, but because she's clearly socially awkward and not really comfortable relating to other people- she retreats into this little system where she can control things and pretend to be everybody's friend. It's her safe place.

Basically she's Abed but with Instagram instead of old TV shows.

Brick Card
Oct 12, 2008

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.
This show kind of blew my mind with the Renee Zelweger joke. I know that a lot of the jokes in this show is based on (really) recent pop culture but to have something that literally just popped up out of no where yesterday and had everyone talking takes topical to another level! Can the show's writers predict the future or control the internet or something... :tinfoil:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This show just keeps getting better and better.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I thought they were going to bust out in song....then she just flatly said no :geno:

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I really hope this shows stick around for a while. It's got so much potential.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Agreed. Any idea how ratings are for this?

Another poster already said it, but I am digging the fact that the two leads can have separate story lines in an episode, yet still feel connected without it feeling too forced.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Omne posted:

Agreed. Any idea how ratings are for this?

Ratings are pretty bad- around the 1.2-1.3 range. On the other hand it has literally no lead-in, and some have murmured that the reason there haven't been any official cancellations yet (and only one unofficial one with Mulaney) is that nobody's confident in their midseason bench. We shall see.

I'm not holding my breath for this to get renewed or extended, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Ratings are pretty bad- around the 1.2-1.3 range. On the other hand it has literally no lead-in, and some have murmured that the reason there haven't been any official cancellations yet (and only one unofficial one with Mulaney) is that nobody's confident in their midseason bench. We shall see.

I'm not holding my breath for this to get renewed or extended, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Even worse than that. Last week was a 1.0, and this week was a 1.1, putting it in 5th. Yes, behind the CW.

Other than Manhattan Love Story's 0.7 and Supernatural's 0.9, it was the lowest rated program of the evening.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Last week's was good, but this week's episode definitely felt like the best one yet. Could easily feel all the Suburgatory charm and Kapnek's style of humour finally come out, moreso than last week.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That show after Selfie is at .7? Ouch.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Our best hope is that it pulls a 30 Rock and gets to stay on air because despite its lovely rating, other shows are doing much worse.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kid owns, show owns, Emily Kapnek owns.

edit: I'd also like to credit her, because when I saw McMoney back wearing that scarf, I thought "oh he gay", and when he took it off to reveal that he was Father McMoney (best name), it was a moment of pure magic.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Yoshifan823 posted:

Kid owns, show owns, Emily Kapnek owns.

edit: I'd also like to credit her, because when I saw McMoney back wearing that scarf, I thought "oh he gay", and when he took it off to reveal that he was Father McMoney (best name), it was a moment of pure magic.
Yeah, that was an awesome reveal, though I was not primed to expect he was gay going into it.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
The Internet is an illusion. You know that, girl.

loving slayed me. This was the first episode with more than one good laugh. That and the Eddie Murphy crying were just amazing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Still Fluxing posted:

Our best hope is that it pulls a 30 Rock and gets to stay on air because despite its lovely rating, other shows are doing much worse.

ABC is in last place so maybe there's hope.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The part during the presentation at the end made me laugh so hard, when the boss was like "Who is she trying to fool!" and then his face after. The little kid was hilarious as well, I actually think this show is starting to get a lot better.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
I really didn't like the pilot but I gave it a chance and caught up. This last episode really made me laugh, I hope it gets at least a full season.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

I love the boss. He reminds me of Peep Show and Kinder Care feels like a benevolent Veridian Dynamic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BarbarousBertha posted:

I love the boss. He reminds me of Peep Show and Kinder Care feels like a benevolent Veridian Dynamic.

He too was on Doctor Who. He was in David Tennant's final story "The End of Time".

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

BarbarousBertha posted:

The whole office environment gives off the best possible "Better off Ted" vibe.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
We're apparently going to start getting double episodes because MLS was cancelled.

This may be a burn-off, may not be.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Davros1 posted:

He too was on Doctor Who. He was in David Tennant's final story "The End of Time".

Not to mention speaking of Peep Show, he was in the radio adaptation of Neverwhere voicing the same role that Patterson Joseph played in the TV version.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This show is really growing on me. Wish it was doing better.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Not to mention speaking of Peep Show, he was in the radio adaptation of Neverwhere voicing the same role that Patterson Joseph played in the TV version.

He was also in the Doctor Who audio "Army of Death" with Paul McGann

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Davros1 posted:

He was also in the Doctor Who audio "Army of Death" with Paul McGann

Really, guys? Homeland? No?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Guitar_Hero posted:

Really, guys? Homeland? No?

Only esoteric Doctor Who appareances that no sane person cares about matter

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Only esoteric Doctor Who appareances that no sane person cares about matter

Never seen Homland. Can't stand Claire Danes, and figured Mandy Patinkin would quit like he did ever other show he's joined.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Never seen Homland. Can't stand Claire Danes, and figured Mandy Patinkin would quit like he did ever other show he's joined.

I have been expecting this every year since the beginning. Maybe he mellowed out in his old age?

I also can't stand Claire Danes, but she's pretty good in it, if you have the stomach to watch her being batshit crazy all the time (it can be exhausting).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Well they certainly are aware Karen Gillan is in fact, nerd bait.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Try not to look. Just try.

And she's doing 1920s dance moves.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Those purple dragon jams are absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
You can't make love to a salad!