Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It's time for another round of NSAC courtroom action, guaranteed to serve up more entertainment than a FOX Sports 1 Brazil card.

Jones and Cormier are going to have to face the music for their public pushing stunt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_WWMTR9LU

Wanderlei will have to try to explain why he ran away from a piss test. (I don't think he's gonna show up?)

And we will have a special cameo appearance by Floyd Money Mayweather who has been accused of making illegal bets on gym "sparring sessions".

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/11549327/floyd-mayweather-jr-appear-nevada-state-athletic-commission

Important Commission Members

"Stern but fair" Francisco V. Aguilar

"wily old vet" Skip Avansino

"The Yesman" Bill D. Brady

"Courtroom Cougar" Pat Lundvall

"I'm actually sort of taking this seriously" Anthony A. Marnell III

Other Important NSAC Employees

The Mysterious Pee Collector

Hearing Schedule
http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/boxingnvgov/content/schedule/14_Agendas/09-23-14AG.pdf

Last time on NSAC

Noted PED user Vitor Belfort got off scot free because he uhh took a double dose of juice because he had to fly or something

The people's champ Chael Sonnen came clean and got a light slap on the wrist and a job offer.

What will happen this time? Will the NSAC be as lenient? Will Floyd get in absolutely zero trouble? (yes). Tune in to find out!
Watch here - http://www.ufc.tv/video/nsac-hearing-20140923

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I hope that Jon Jones and Floyd Mayweather have to sit awkwardly in a waiting area and we get footage of it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Marnell loving owns

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Which commission member is the best friends guy?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Sweet

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I hope that Jon Jones and Floyd Mayweather have to sit awkwardly in a waiting area and we get footage of it.

i imagine jones would spend most of his time fidgeting like a 5 year old

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
We're live and we have an unshaven Tony Martell III in the heezy.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'm at a conference with lovely wi-fi so if someone could post highlights that would be great.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'll go ahead and edit this post with some official psp minutes

• Bellator asking for the commission's greenlight for some event
  • bunch of motions for grants and such, Skip Avensino doesn't know where "Mighty Mike's" is, but doesn't want to single it out
  • Francisco Aguilar is getting ready to talk about his best friends again; chair recognizes Floyd Mayweather, he was apparently summoned to "discuss" some issues with a TV show called "All Access", asked to comment on :airquote:the dog house:airquote:; Said dog house apparently being some form of boxing grinder in the spirit of chute box where fighters don't get breaks or something
  • Lots of hogwash out of Floyd, commissioner Bill Brady rushing to suck off Floyd's gym for being so awesome
  • commissioner Lundvall thanks Floyd for showing up since the commission apparently hosed up the subpoena
  • Pat Lundvall pitching some idea of getting fighters in Floyd's gym to partake in some brain-study foundation thing that does medical analysis to identify and prevent head trauma
  • Floyd explaining how that weed seen on the show totally wasn't weed, but a prop and employed for ratings; furthermore, it would never have been weed because Floyd is the one that brought USADA to the table
  • Tony Marnell asking Floyd's CEO-buddy whether he's aware they need amateur licenses for their guys in the gym to have them fight on the TV show. CEO guy proceeds to hemorrhage bullshit from the mouth, gets called out by Tony immediately and cautioned on "huge amounts of liability" they're taking on for letting amateurs fight in the gym for the All Access show.
  • Floyd's attorney stating that money being exchanged during fights wasn't gambling, but "all reality TV"; Floyd and his CEO buddy can barely contain their laughter
  • Marnell basically saying "Listen, if you guys are gonna have :airquote:props:airquote: and controversy on the show, can you please let the commission know beforehand so we can pretend you're not accidently getting videotaped smoking weed and gambling on TV? That would be nice."
  • Chair recognizes Jon Jones, disciplinary charges and ramifications are brought forth by the commission's attorney
  • motion to admit the video of Jones' brawl into evidence; Pat Lundvall suggests that they would be obligated to view the video; Bill Brady making sure that Jon is "comfortable" watching the video :lol:
  • Jones makes a statement, apologizes to all seperate martial arts, swears he has always been a great example, never done anything to disparage the sport *tears up*
  • Skip Avansino asking if Jones had this planned; Jones denying, it's totally both his and Cormier's fault, but he's also totally not denying responsibility
  • Jones stating how he had to retaliate because he couldn't let Cormier in the perception of him being weak
  • Jones asked to state what his punishment should be; stumbles his way through an answer, says he's already been punished by losing a Nike deal (upwards of six figures annually) and a further undisclosed deal (upwards of six figures annually)
  • Jones suggesting that he could do something with "his time" for charity to "turn this into something positive"
  • Bill Brady has his mouth cleaned off and is apparently ready to go in for second helpings; Ayup, getting a good mouthful of the Jones is Bill Brady, Joe
  • Skip saying "I've seen some fighters run away from us" sick Diaz burn
  • Commission basically agreeing that "a slap on the wrist" won't be enough; contemplates Fine/Suspension and ~50 hours of community service
  • Commission dances around 50.000 dollars and four seperate 1-day-appearances for community service, final fine for Jones is 50.000 USD (10% of fight purse) and 40 hours community service
  • 5 minute recess over, commission returns to recognize Daniel Cormier, who denies any wrongdoing in the brawl
  • Cormier's defense attorney submitting a claim of self-defense, in a shocking turn appears to be legally prepared for an argument
  • Cormier in his opening statement explaining how him and Jon had a history, Jon put his head on Daniel's, not the other way around.
  • Commissioner Aguilar calling Cormier out on a FOX interview after the brawl where he said he'd do it again; Cormier not exactly offering the best answer, going with "what he'd want his son to do"
  • Cormier ultimately submitting he would have to be more responsible in staredowns and not put his hands on another fighter again
  • Cormier offering MUCH more self-incriminating statements that would bode well for him, anything from an altercation in college wrestling to other cases of animosity, describes the brawl in detail, chuckles about accidently grabbing onto a security guard instead of Jones
  • Cormier further entangling himself via rookie-mistake of "being honest" when asked about his comments in a FOX sports interview where it was suggested that the brawl was good for promotion
  • Cormier actually asked if he's only saying what he "is supposed to say"
  • Punishment for Cormier: 9.000 fine plus 20 hours of community service, same terms to that punishment as for Jones (10% of fight purse)
  • Next issue on the itinerary is Wanderlei, commissioner Pat Lundvall recuses herself on the grounds of bias due to having made a vocal suggestion to either Wanderlei or his lawyers previously (?)
  • Wanderlei, as anticipated, is a no-show
  • Wanderlei's lawyer submitting a motion to dismiss on the grounds that the commission lacks jurisdiction over Wanderlei, because, at the time of his transgression, he was not licensed by the NSAC
  • Motion to dismiss is denied; lawyer submits that Wandy wasn't properly served; Commission calls bullshit, points out Wandy even was offered to attend via phone, but didn't
  • Commission's attorney asking the commision to never license Wandy again because "running from a test" is the worst and he wants to send a deterring message
  • Bill Brady seconds that running from a test is worse than doing "the worst of the drugs", agreement all around that Wandy should be banned for life; Pat Lundvall forgets she recused herself and piles on
  • Tony Marnell suggests the fine should be at 100 percent of the potential purse
  • Fine unanimously capped at 35% (70.000 USD) and a lifetime ban for Wanderlei
  • Some poor sod gets a fine for pissing hot and not showing up to the hearing
  • Some guy registered a 40:1 TE ratio, which is apparently the highest ratio ever registered in the state of Nevada; claims his strength & conditioning coach hit him ninja-injections or something; admits to lying during this hearing and says he even kept taking questionable substances after the weigh-ins :lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 23, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Is wanderlei gonna show up to this? I really don't know. He's on the schedule, but I didn't watch that weird video he posted the other week.
Here's the link by the way http://www.ufc.tv/video/nsac-hearing-20140923

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

wanderlei has long since said he would not be attending because he does not anticipate he will be punished.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

"this is not a disciplanary hearing, we're just having a conversation with our friend floyd"

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Floyd is at the table. "This is not a disciplinary hearing, we're just here to talk about what happened" - NSCAC. Aahhahaha

e- Apparently showcasing marijuana was to attract viewers not promote weed. None of it was real.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 23, 2014

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Floyd: "It wasn't real Marijuana, you know, it's all entertainment".

/edit:

Hahahahaa

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 23, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

NSAC commissioners tripping over themselves to not only brag about being to Floyd's gym but to praise how safe it was when they were there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I wonder which of these guys got a gift basket from the money team this morning....

e. Holy gently caress what's with these questions - "what is headgear for?" "do you use editing techniques?" - she's basically giving him the answers to the questions.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 23, 2014

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I wonder which of these guys got a gift basket from the money team this morning....

e. Holy gently caress what's with these questions - "what is headgear for?" "do you use editing techniques?" - she's basically giving him the answers to the questions.

Yeah, if you're on the good side of the commission, you basically get coached through your entire hearing (that totally isn't a hearing).

"Please explain to me how using Marijuana as props works" :laffo:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Floyd literally claiming the marijuana was a prop.

e- "I did it because I like to promote a certain lifestyle.... I'm not endorsing pot though"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh poo poo, Tony Marnell layin' in.

If I may be frank, I don't want to lead you down a bad road, but I believe you're full of poo poo.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
dear mr. floyd please tell us what illegal poo poo you're going to do ahead of time so we look less retarded later

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

skip avansino fallout new vegas ghoul looking motherfucker

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bill Brady "can you maybe stay on the safe side with the show? I mean, I love you, and I've been to your gym and I love your gym and...I'm just saying".

:siren:Jones coming up:siren:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I hope Jon says the brawl was for reality TV and it was just an act

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

-Atom- posted:

I hope Jon says the brawl was for reality TV and it was just an act

"Mr Jones, if you could please let the commission know in advance of your shenanigans"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"If you're gonna fine my client, can you please make it a flat fine, not one based on his purse so he isn't predjudiced against due to being one of the higher-paid athletes in the UFC?"

:laffo:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"I've always been a great example and never done anything to disparage this sport"

Right.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

"I've never done anything to disgrace the sport" - JBJ as he's tearing up.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Can somebody please explain the context in which cameras caught Floyd with weed and gambling? Was it on his all-access show? Part of a montage?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Hi. I disappeared for awhile there, but this was too important to miss out on.

I had to see Jon Jones cry on camera.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seltzer posted:

"I've never done anything to disgrace the sport" - JBJ as he's tearing up the road and a pole approaches.

ftfh

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"If you're gonna fine my client, can you please make it a flat fine, not one based on his purse so he isn't predjudiced against due to being one of the higher-paid athletes in the UFC?"

:laffo:

that would suck for DC and Jon, as they both make into the 6 figures on reported earnings

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Can somebody please explain the context in which cameras caught Floyd with weed and gambling? Was it on his all-access show? Part of a montage?

Yeah, bunch of stuff like fighters doing some chute box grinder stuff in his gym, weed on the table in his mansion, apparent betting on fighters during the "dog house" chute box stuff. Obviously all just for show, and totally props or fake behaviour.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Jon is going to cry

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Holy poo poo, Jon is making the greatest case for premeditation I've ever seen. "I couldn't let him in the thought that I was weak, that's why I retaliated."

Jesus Christ.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
This reminds me of getting in trouble in fourth or fifth grade and feeling like you're too old to cry anymore, but knowing you're definitely going to cry if you don't concentrate hard on not crying

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

His lawyer is wondering why he allowed him to speak for himself.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hahaha, what the gently caress.

"I was feeding off the crow and at the end it was basically me finishing off the entertainment"

"It almost felt primal"

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"It almost felt primal"

"I'm going to work you like a farm animal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

NSAC is this close to creating the Sonnen-Jones Commission on Sportsmanship

• Locked thread