Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Christ, they're not even going to bring up his "I will murder you" comments, are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Christ, they're not even going to bring up his "I will murder you" comments, are they?

They're either unaware or "unaware" of it, most likely.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

They're either unaware or "unaware" of it, most likely.

Well, it was all for TV anyway. No biggie.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
youve softened my heart, jon jones - bill brady

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The commission asked Jones how he thinks he should be punished.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
The "I very rarely say bad words" defense isn't deployed enough really

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
DC loses his shoe when throwing it at Jones, and Jones loses his Nike deal from the brawl.

That's too funny.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

skip works in a quick burn on diaz/wandy/reem

"ive seen certain fighters run away from us, but ive never see that sort of activity"

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

marnell looks like he's been on a poker and gin bender

edit:

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Ah nothing quite like a panel of white people talking to a black man about the lessons he should have learned

this is also true

DOMELORD420 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 23, 2014

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Ah nothing quite like a panel of white people talking to a black man about the lessons he should have learned

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

what does race have to do with this

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Yuriy posted:

sensitive white man trap sprung

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"We have fighters coming in here telling us lies about drug stories" *chuckles*

This 20 minutes after giving Floyd a pass on reefer in his place.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Yuriy posted:

It doesn't really in this case, but the commission's makeup is still absurd

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Jesus Christ, has Jon offered Bill Brady a job upon his retirement or something?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

sensitive white man trap sprung

dang

also they keep making these little jokes about how lovely they are when it comes to fighters lying about drugs

at least they're self aware

and they just burst into laughter

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'll have you find Francisco Aguilar is latino. Also shut the gently caress up about race in this thread goddammit. This group of white people is letting floyd and JBJ off scot free and it's hilarious, focus on that.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

also can you please go back to making GDTs, yours were really good and no one else bothers

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Everytime this man says "the martial arts" with emphasis on 'the' I cringe.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Yuriy posted:

also can you please go back to making GDTs, yours were really good and no one else bothers

I would very much enjoy doing that. Life has been busy as poo poo lately.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

a 50k fine and 4 1-day appearances of community service

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A lifetime of being in nuclear power plants has left me with a healthy green glow - and has left me as impotent as a Nevada boxing commissioner.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Marnell tries to put the fine towards something useful like charity or testing. Woman on the side "uhh sir all the fines have to go into our general coffers, which go towards, testing and stuff..."

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

What specifically are they referring to with the failure of their last "non-traditional" punishment? Is it Chael doing Metamoris and them getting all butthurt about it?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

pat lundvall used this to complain about a speeding ticket

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

What specifically are they referring to with the failure of their last "non-traditional" punishment? Is it Chael doing Metamoris and them getting all butthurt about it?

I hope it's them legit offering Chael a job and him riding off into the sunset. Or I just hope it's Chael making them angry in any manner really.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Buddy doesn't know what "proactive" means.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

It's a shame that live televised AC hearings didn't exist years ago, I would have loved to see the one where James Toney cussed out the commission members and then somehow got his steroid suspension reduced.

e: lol

CSAC minutes, 2007 posted:

Commissioner Noonan commented that testing is not black and white. Commissioner Giza commented on the fact that the laboratory staff are experts in this field. Chair Collison commented that there is not enough evidence reflecting that supplements caused the positive test result. Vice-Chair Rodriguez commented on the fact that supplements should not be used as a standard on which to base appeals. Mr. Toney’s attorney commented that Commissioner Giza is not an expert in drug testing. Mr. Toney stated that he has been competing for twenty years and called Commissioner Giza disrespectful and then burst into a profanity laced outburst directed at Commissioner Giza in front of the Commission and all attendees.

Commissioner Ramirez commented on Mr. Toney’s “spectacular” career and made a motion that the penalty be modified to a 120-day suspension and a $2,500 fine. The motion did not receive a second.

A motion was made, seconded, and carried to modify Mr. Toney’s suspension to 180 days and a $2,500 fine. 6-1 (Giza opposed).

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

So what was the final punishment? I missed that.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So what was the final punishment? I missed that.

I think it was a little bit of scratch and some anti-bullying PSAs or something.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

I think it was a little bit of scratch and some anti-bullying PSAs or something.

working with the boys and girls club of america for like 4 days and a 50,000$ fine, the community service has to be verified before they'll license him to fight

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Thank you Duzzy, you are doing a top notch job.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

cormier time

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

mr.aguilaro needs a bit to take a nap - literal words he said

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I'm very confused. This dude is making legal arguments and poo poo. I didn't know they did that sort of thing at these.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Cormier fighting this, not gonna take it lying down. He also seems to have a better lawyer.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Cormier fighting this, not gonna take it lying down. He also seems to have a better lawyer.

Seems like a waste of money to hire a good lawyer for an NSAC hearing

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Cormier is doing a terrible job

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
if cormier ends up with a greater punishment for having the audacity to argue based on precedent and other logical matters as a lawyer i will go kill myself when this hearing is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Neurosis posted:

if cormier ends up with a greater punishment for having the audacity to argue based on precedent and other logical matters as a lawyer i will go kill myself when this hearing is over

He's misunderstood how these things work. You're just supposed to grovel.

• Locked thread