Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Real talk though how CAN they enforce their fine if he is not actively pursuing a fight and is not in the country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Wandy legit pulled a "you can't fire me, I quit" a few days before the hearing. The best part? It's probably going to work in the eyes of dummies who think Zuffa is some evil force and Pride was an unassailable golden institution.

With no testing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Bluedeanie posted:

Real talk though how CAN they enforce their fine if he is not actively pursuing a fight and is not in the country?

Lundvall and Aguilar argued that a fighter is subject to the commission's jurisdiction once a fight scheduled to happen under NSAC jurisdiction is promoted and since promotion had begun, he was SOL.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Mr. Nice! posted:

I love that they are anticipating an appeal from Wanderlei and were deliberating on the best way to make sure the punishment survives.

It's pretty straight forward - the legislation that governs the NSAC has a technicality that is going to be a question of law (that being the legislation expressly stipulates to be sanctioned one must be a licensed fighter, whereas this was a test to become licensed). The committee itself can't rule on questions of law without really overstepping their powers, and it will be up to a court to decide.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm gonna go ahead and stop with the minutes because I don't even recognize the names of these mopes anymore.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and stop with the minutes because I don't even recognize the names of these mopes anymore.

imo take your write up and cross post it in ufc thread so people who didnt watch this thing can have a lol w/ us

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Lundvall and Aguilar argued that a fighter is subject to the commission's jurisdiction once a fight scheduled to happen under NSAC jurisdiction is promoted and since promotion had begun, he was SOL.

I get that they can levy their fine, I was more curious the scope of their legal ability to collect it on someone out of country.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This guy had a TE ratio of 40:1 which is officially the highest testosterone ratio result in Nevada. I don't care if he's a ham n egger, that's loving amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

I get that they can levy their fine, I was more curious the scope of their legal ability to collect it on someone out of country.

He's got some sort of permanent residency in the US and certainly has possessions that can be seized.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Haha, nevermind, this is hilarious as gently caress, this guy had a 40:1 TE ratio, claims his strenght&conditioning coach hit him with some ninja-injections and then admitted to lying IN THIS HEARING, saying he even juiced up after the weigh-ins.
How in the gently caress?!?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

I'd think that if it doesn't get paid they can eventually send it to collections or put a lien against any American-based assets that he might own.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Haha, nevermind, this is hilarious as gently caress, this guy had a 40:1 TE ratio, claims his strenght&conditioning coach hit him with some ninja-injections and then admitted to lying IN THIS HEARING, saying he even juiced up after the weigh-ins.

and they thanked him for his honesty after he made a bold faced lie and went back on it a minute later

CommonShore posted:

I'd think that if it doesn't get paid they can eventually send it to collections or put a lien against any American-based assets that he might own.

yea, they can seize it from his assets from what the mma journalism peeps are saying

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are they under oath? Can they charge him with perjury?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

Are they under oath? Can they charge him with perjury?

Yes, they didn't, 35% fine

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Wandy legit pulled a "you can't fire me, I quit" a few days before the hearing. The best part? It's probably going to work in the eyes of dummies who think Zuffa is some evil force and Pride was an unassailable golden institution.

Rampage4Real posted:

Even tho we were enemies in the ring.. i was your fan 1st. I'm with u,and I'm going threw the same pain. #WarWand

"The UFC treated me so badly" he said, standing next to his monogrammed hot tub and swimming pool.

e: for clarification, this was posted a day or two ago in response to Wand's retirement video where he bitched about the UFC, not today's hearing.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 23, 2014

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fake lawn, though. Poor dude is obviously broke as gently caress.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

why on earth would you put your name on your hot tub

was there a question of who his hot tub belonged to?

this is just baffling

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Yuriy posted:

why on earth would you put your name on your hot tub

was there a question of who his hot tub belonged to?

this is just baffling

Why would you put your face on your truck?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

Why would you put your face on your truck?

well at least trucks are mobile, someone might see it in a parking lot and go "man, that's a nice truck, i wonder who that belongs to?" and they would instantly know

the hot tub is presumably at his goddamn house, its not like someone is gonna cart the loving thing away and try to pawn it or something

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Yuriy posted:

well at least trucks are mobile, someone might see it in a parking lot and go "man, that's a nice truck, i wonder who that belongs to?" and they would instantly know

the hot tub is presumably at his goddamn house, its not like someone is gonna cart the loving thing away and try to pawn it or something

Probably messes with resale value as well.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
it's times like this I wish there was video evidence of Wanderlei Silva running to the parking lot

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
i think he put his name on his pool because he thought it was cool. Now i have to run away before that guy accuses me of being Rampages Homo Butt BUddy

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

"Rampage Hot Tub" would be a sick SciFi original movie though.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

If I could have my name on a hot tub I'd be for it.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
I actually remember that from some UFC cribs youtube show way back. He said he always put his name on his stuff because growing up he didn't have anything/people always took it from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Good work everybody, I just saw your minutes duzzy good stuff you should post that in the ufc thread if you haven't already.

• Locked thread