Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT WWE DISCUSSION THREADS
This poll is closed.
gently caress YOU HULKAMATT GO BACK TO POSTING THE THREADS AND ALSO THE GRAPHICS 37 17.29%
gently caress YOU JERUSALEM GO BACK TO POSTING THE THREADS AND ALSO THE GRAPHICS 46 21.50%
gently caress YOU KUNGFUGRIP GO BACK TO POSTING THE THREADS AND ALSO THE GRAPHICS 30 14.02%
gently caress YOU GRODY GO BACK TO POSTING THE THREADS AND ALSO THE GRAPHICS 9 4.21%
hehu should prob make every thread, or jape 92 42.99%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I unironically watched TNA around 2005-2006 as an alternative to WWE. Hilarious in hindsight but they were doing good at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

PSP genuinely really helps with the GDTs and its probably the least obnoxious wrestling forum I've been on despite all the doom and gloom.

To be fair a lot of he doom and gloom is justified.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fibby Boy posted:

To be fair a lot of he doom and gloom is justified.

Last month people were unironically suggesting that Bray Wyatt should be released to save his career now that he has been fed to the Cena

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

Last month people were unironically suggesting that Bray Wyatt should be released to save his career now that he has been fed to the Cena

I said "a lot" not "all."

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

And where is he now? :tinfoil:

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

West007 posted:

And where is he now? :tinfoil:

Speaking of "where is he now". Where is Kofi? Didn't they tease him going heel and then we never saw him again?

What I'm saying is, Cena should go heel.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

West007 posted:

I have no idea how some of you are wrestling fans for a decade plus. I've been watching for almost exactly a year now. The reason I got into wrestling for (Punk) is long gone and so are most of the talent that filled the void for me.

Right now I feel I can predict about 90% of what is going to happen in regards to feuds and spots in matches. There is pretty much nothing interesting about the weekly shows, it's all the same poo poo x1000. The PPVs fall pretty flat too with nonsensical finishes and booking. There are bright lights here and there, in NoC it was Cesaro Sheamus for me, even though the finish was kind of bad but it was out of the blue which still made it more interesting than pretty much anything in the last few weeks. I had a sneaking suspicion that Cena would win, at least that didn't happen. Nevertheless the finish was still poo poo and I was shaking my head the whole second half during the rapadoo.

a lot of people (like myself) mostly just stick around out of habit. there's a lot of weeks where I just skip wrestling altogether though.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I watch the PPVs but rarely watch more than 1/2 of a RAW, especially now that football is back.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Without PSP here to poo poo post about WWE with I'd probably not watch anything.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Black Is Black posted:

Speaking of "where is he now". Where is Kofi? Didn't they tease him going heel and then we never saw him again?

What I'm saying is, Cena should go heel.

There was a report a while back that the group he's in with Woods and Big E is still working house shows and their experimenting and trying to decide if they're face or heel and what direction to go with it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sprecherscrow posted:

There was a report a while back that the group he's in with Woods and Big E is still working house shows and their experimenting and trying to decide if they're face or heel and what direction to go with it.

Even Los Matadores worked heel at a house show in Slater's hometown against Slater Gator this week. They'd taunt with Ole and get booed for it. :laugh:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sprecherscrow posted:

it was kind of awful timing because like immediately after they debuted the gimmick the ferguson incident happened and i would bet that's why it was dropped

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!

Cabbit posted:

Two, he's just chilling with what was presumably his favorite cinderblock of the bunch in the box.

Ambrose will now be accompanied by his new pet affectionately known as Cindy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

West007 posted:

I have no idea how some of you are wrestling fans for a decade plus. I've been watching for almost exactly a year now. The reason I got into wrestling for (Punk) is long gone and so are most of the talent that filled the void for me.
I genuinely enjoy wrestling and have not had a major issue with the direction it's taken since I started again in 2012.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 23, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sprecherscrow posted:

They wrestled Gold and Stardust at the Boston house show. That was the Sunday before NOC.

They also have a combined titantron, so someone's probably waiting for some of the Ferguson heat to die down.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

ayn rand hand job posted:

They also have a combined titantron, so someone's probably waiting for some of the Ferguson heat to die down.

I really hope that's not the case but you're probably right.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

it was kind of awful timing because like immediately after they debuted the gimmick the ferguson incident happened and i would bet that's why it was dropped

Yes, WWE is known for being very sensitive to current eve-

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

West007 posted:

It's kind of like being a fan of a terrible sports team. You still watch the games and grumble about how great they used to be, and if they'd just LISTEN to you they'd stop sucking but nooooo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

It's kind of like being a fan of a terrible sports team. You still watch the games and grumble about how great they used to be, and if they'd just LISTEN to you they'd stop sucking but nooooo

where 'used to be' means 1967.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

where 'used to be' means 1967.

Don't... don't make me cry in the WWE thread :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I think I'm too nice to the WWE because all my cynicism and rage has been used on the Pirates for never winning a season till I was legally allowed to drink, the Steelers for losing to Tim Tebow and making me feel morally awful for cheering for them, and the Penguins for not winning 5 cups with Crosby and Malkin while always losing to teams like the Flyers in humilating fashion that allow hack sportswriters to proclaim that that gap toothed loser Claude Giroux is in the same league as Sidney Crosby.

WWE at least has good wrestlers who have good matches that have guys that I like win championships/matches. Plus what else is there to seriously watch on Monday's and Friday's?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

achillesforever6 posted:

Plus what else is there to seriously watch on Monday's and Friday's?

Fridays : Bellator, Friday Night Fights on ESPN, boxing, various b-league mma promotions

basically a billion things more interesting and exciting than smackdown has been since the smackdown six era

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Plus what else is there to seriously watch on Monday's and Friday's?
Go outside.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Everblight posted:

Go outside.

yea this works too, consider a date or going to a bar with some buddies or something instead of watching bad smackdown where nothing of note ever happens and if it did you can read about it on tuesday and watch a youtube or something of it later

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Everblight posted:

Yes, WWE is known for being very sensitive to current eve-

that was an incredibly different time with different sponsors that they actually care about keeping

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

that was an incredibly different time with different sponsors that they actually care about keeping

It's also a bad example because it was pulled and the performer vanished in reaction to a current event.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that too

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So we won't have Rusev becoming an ISIS apologist? drat it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Hassan will always have that moment where he entered the Royal Rumble, did his taunt, and the ten or so guys in the ring all rushed him to throw him out.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I think I'm too nice to the WWE because all my cynicism and rage has been used on the Pirates for never winning a season till I was legally allowed to drink, the Steelers for losing to Tim Tebow and making me feel morally awful for cheering for them, and the Penguins for not winning 5 cups with Crosby and Malkin while always losing to teams like the Flyers in humilating fashion that allow hack sportswriters to proclaim that that gap toothed loser Claude Giroux is in the same league as Sidney Crosby.

WWE at least has good wrestlers who have good matches that have guys that I like win championships/matches. Plus what else is there to seriously watch on Monday's and Friday's?

The Steelers have won at least 2 Superbowls in your lifetime and the Penguins at least 1 Stanley Cup and probably 3.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

The Steelers have won at least 2 Superbowls in your lifetime and the Penguins at least 1 Stanley Cup and probably 3.

He's a Steelers fan, you don't need to point out how much of a terrible baby he is.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Will we get some actual matches and cool stuff for the 15th anniversary of Smackdown or is it gonna be like the season premiere of Raw?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Redskins haven't won a Super Bowl in 23 years. They probably aren't going to win another one for 23 more. Life is pain.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I used to get real frustrated with WWE's booking but the last two years or so I've been less and less emotionally invested now that New Japan, ROH, and PWG are completely on point. I genuinely suggest to anyone who gets upset with WWE to just broaden your horizons a bit, cause there's good alternatives out there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bigass Moth posted:

I have cooled off my Steelers fandom mostly because we have a rapist for a QB and because Steelers football can be really boring to watch. The Penguins I'm just bitter because after 2009 I was all "Man this is just the beginning of a dynasty, no way is MAF going to compeltely gently caress the team over year after year and man Ray Shero is a wizard and Bylsma is a great coach!" And now here we are 5 years later and loving Mike Richards & Jeff Carter have more cups than Crosby and Malkin.

Also I only saw the Pens win 1 cup, I was alive when they won their 2nd though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Will we get some actual matches and cool stuff for the 15th anniversary of Smackdown or is it gonna be like the season premiere of Raw?

considering the 15th anniversary would've technically been last week and they've said nothing at all about it, probably not

edit: wait nvm i think i'm way off, what month did smackdown debut

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 23, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

considering the 15th anniversary would've technically been last week and they've said nothing at all about it, probably not

edit: wait nvm i think i'm way off, what month did smackdown debut

August of 1999 as a regular series.

Thinking this was supposed to be the day they moved to Thursday but welp.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Uh has this been posted already because ahahahahahahaha *breathe* ahahahahahahaha

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Uh has this been posted already because ahahahahahahaha *breathe* ahahahahahahaha

Yeah they're gonna make a bunch of money with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

flashy_mcflash posted:

• Locked thread