Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I wonder how bad Crowley's actor must be for that to be true when Mark Peligrino is running around saying real racism is against white people, gay people are gross and started his own political party because the republicans aren't conservative/capitalist enough, and he gets to keep coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

I wonder how bad Crowley's actor must be for that to be true when Mark Peligrino is running around saying real racism is against white people, gay people are gross and started his own political party because the republicans aren't conservative/capitalist enough, and he gets to keep coming back.

Wait... what?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Koalas March posted:

Oh god drat it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

A lot of his tweets are deleted now idk what the gently caress he was on but some of them are still up like this one:

https://twitter.com/MarkRPellegrino/status/511248559984111616?s=19

He walked it back after a screenrant listicle of all things

https://twitter.com/MarkRPellegrino/status/909979799082352641?s=19

As for the rest of it, he founded the American Capitalist Party which should really tell you everything you need to know.. besides the fact he describes himself in that article as a leftist turned randian lmao

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 6, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I trolled his twitter and he seems to be very pro female rights in Islam, He's atheist. Haven't seen any anti gay stuff. I could give a poo poo about him being a capitalist.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Koalas March posted:

A lot of his tweets are deleted now idk what the gently caress he was on but some of them are still up like this one:

https://twitter.com/MarkRPellegrino/status/511248559984111616?s=19

He walked it back after a screenrant listicle of all things

https://twitter.com/MarkRPellegrino/status/909979799082352641?s=19

As for the rest of it, he founded the American Capitalist Party which should really tell you everything you need to know.. besides the fact he describes himself in that article as a leftist turned randian lmao

And from that same Twitter conversation, this tweet where he blames the problems of Saudi Arabia on Islam instead of the one family that has all the money and power in that country.

https://twitter.com/MarkRPellegrino/status/511528413274710016

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sirotan posted:

I've never read any reason for it either, but I follow enough of the actors/writers/producers on Twitter etc to see that he's essentially become persona non grata. Doesn't get mentioned, doesn't get invited to those dumb conventions (where one of the features actors played a character who was on the show for 2 episodes).

:shrug:

He was grand marshal of the Dragon Con 2019 parade.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mad Dragon posted:

He was grand marshal of the Dragon Con 2019 parade.

Yeah I meant specially those Supernatural "conventions" with the $1000 tickets that charge hundreds additionally for photo ops, autographs, the actual convention sessions, etc. I find them to be pretty gross.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The admission to the Supernatural con in Chicago was $55.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

That gets you in the door and access to the vendor room and iirc nothing else. Everything is an additional fee unless you buy one of the gold/silver/bronze tickets which start at $500+ depending on the city.

Edit: Can't even find the price list for the sessions because Creation Entertainment posts them 3 days before the conventions happen and then takes them down again. Shady af imho. You can get an idea of what everything else costs here: http://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_van.htm#sch There is nothing to actually do at these things besides the events they charge for.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 7, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Panels were walk, you only had to spend more if you wanted to meet the main cast.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I could give a poo poo about meeting the actors personally. It's almost always going to be a "Hi" *click* "Bye!" photo op. Maybe you get to stammer out a few words. For me the panels are where it's at, or the chance to score some rare old merch or legit good fanart--I don't collect a lot but if something is super cool I'll go for it. Also you get to met some likeminded fellow wierdos and see great costumes.

I'm a pretty closeted sci-fi geek IRL--I don't go around wearing t-shirts or expounding on trivia, so it's fun to be among "my people" for a day and relax and nerd the gently caress out. :cool:

I did make an exception and paid to meet Shatner--that was once in a lifetime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've paid to meet a few and it's always been worth it. Brandon Routh hugged me!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The thought of being around that many people gives me vertigo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
A buddy of mine is a very low level "personality" who will occasionally appear at cons. His contempt for his "fans" is barely eclipses by the money he makes doing it.

You would never know to see him in action.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

A buddy of mine is a very low level "personality" who will occasionally appear at cons. His contempt for his "fans" is barely eclipses by the money he makes doing it.

You would never know to see him in action.

I'd bet most mid to low level celebs hate doing cons. But you make so much money and most of it is in cash so you can't pass it up.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The final season starts in 7 days. Should we make a new thread???

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sirotan posted:

The final season starts in 7 days. Should we make a new thread???

I think so. Let's see how fast this Impala can go.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New thread new thread!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hope the op doesn't mind but I made a thing :shobon:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900685

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Don't mind at all let me close this one!