Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

so seriously, what the hell.
Every other line in that episode was a direct attack (or at least, criticism of/commentary on) at various things in the fandom, and it was hardly subtle at all, so I loving loved having a character say directly to the voice of the fandom "haha holy poo poo that idea is the worst" and have every single character in the know say "robots? space? that's super duper dumb"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Whalley posted:

Every other line in that episode was a direct attack (or at least, criticism of/commentary on) at various things in the fandom, and it was hardly subtle at all, so I loving loved having a character say directly to the voice of the fandom "haha holy poo poo that idea is the worst" and have every single character in the know say "robots? space? that's super duper dumb"

Yeah, even without context, the goddess saying "the second act has tentacles. I can't even" was amazing. Knowing that some fans legitimately thought that was going to happen makes it even better.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Super fun episode; Dean mugging to the camera, SUBTEXT, Chuck, the scene where they first see the play... I think this one is in the runner with The French Mistake for the best meta episode.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
I just watched this twice. I clapped, I teared up a little (a lot) and loved every min of it. The Adam reference was great and Chuck!! I really hope they bring him back into the story, but if not the one off was pretty awesome.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That was a delightful episode. So dense with references and commentary, I don't think a second went by without a joke. Also I thought the shot of driving into the sunset at the end was awesome. :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Seems like the only thing missing was Eye of the Tiger.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Seems like the only thing missing was Eye of the Tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3G5Qj_Lo8

... I couldn't not.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

That will never not be funny

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I think that was the point where I truly started appreciating Jensen Ackles and his comedic gifts. Although the signs were there mostly all along (him boogying to the radio on "Mystery Spot" was another fav)

Weatherwax
Aug 17, 2008

So Cain is returning according to Timothy Omundsens Twitter. Looking forward to the Cain, but not to Dean (potentially) losing the mark, they could milk that some more

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
There's a Supernatural version of Clue. :psyduck:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Cool idea but, let's face it Crowley is always going to be the most obvious suspect. He wouldn't even need to be possessed! Still i'd rather play Supernatural clue than... Big bang theory clue (a real thing)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wandle Cax posted:

Cool idea but, let's face it Crowley is always going to be the most obvious suspect. He wouldn't even need to be possessed! Still i'd rather play Supernatural clue than... Big bang theory clue (a real thing)

It could also be Soulless Sam, Angel Sam, brainwashed Castiel, or marked Dean!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

bobkatt013 posted:

It could also be Soulless Sam, Angel Sam, brainwashed Castiel, or marked Dean!

You forgot Possessed Sam!

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Dusting off this old thing from earlier in the thread:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So far an interesting mystery.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
This was an amazing episode. They managed to casually show every weapon in clue except for the noose. I am really enjoying the return to the monster of the week.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

joebuddah posted:

This was an amazing episode. They managed to casually show every weapon in clue except for the noose. I am really enjoying the return to the monster of the week.

Rope was hanging on the wall when Dean opened the attic door and he picked it up and looked at it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I really hope these totally awesome pull-out-of-the-car shots are going to be an end of episode thing now.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

bull3964 posted:

Rope was hanging on the wall when Dean opened the attic door and he picked it up and looked at it.

Yeah what's up with these? Did they suddently get an increase in budget for ending car shots or something? lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They are trying to appeal to the male members of the audience by balancing the emotional moments with more shots of the cool car. "Hey fellas, you like cars right? Look at this sweet car."

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
These last two episodes were solidly entertaining. I hope these keep up; they've really got a good tone going

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Just watched the preview, looks like it is really happening, the angel romance!

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

In retrospect, that was the most apt thing to note before the episode.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

In retrospect, that was the most apt thing to note before the episode.

Nice. :P

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

joebuddah posted:

There's no noose in Cluedo. There's a rope, and Dean picked one of those up along with the lead pipe.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Tiggum posted:

There's no noose in Cluedo. There's a rope, and Dean picked one of those up along with the lead pipe.

The rope is always depicted as tied up in a noose, which is how you would most likely kill someone with a rope, is it not.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wandle Cax posted:

The rope is always depicted as tied up in a noose
No it isn't. :confused:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Oh whatever. i've only seen it look like this

anyway you were just being pedantic because a noose is just a rope tied in a loop, which again is how you would kill someone with a rope in a murder mystery.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Wandle Cax posted:

Oh whatever. i've only seen it look like this

anyway you were just being pedantic because a noose is just a rope tied in a loop, which again is how you would kill someone with a rope in a murder mystery.

That's not a noose, that's just a coiled rope.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
I am really liking how this season is turning out. Two strong back to back episodes, with the boys going back to old style single episode monster hunting.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Am I crazy or is the score way more prominent this season? As in, I'm noticing the music in most episodes, where I didn't before.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

They are trying to appeal to the male members of the audience by balancing the emotional moments with more shots of the cool car. "Hey fellas, you like cars right? Look at this sweet car."

I've also noticed in the beginning of the last two episodes Dean is prominently shown working on the car.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

Astroman posted:

I've also noticed in the beginning of the last two episodes Dean is prominently shown working on the car.

Trust me, it's working. For car guys that stuff is close to, and occasionally better than, slow lingering shots of scantily clad ladies :iiaca:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Astroman posted:

I feel like this is going to be used as a visual cue that something is up with Dean again. Human Dean loves the car, Demon Dean does not. Episode opens with Dean ignoring the gently caress out of the car, that's when you know poo poo has gone down.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
See, I was kinda the opposite. I thought he was working on the car in an effort to prove he WAS ok.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The Red Queen posted:

Am I crazy or is the score way more prominent this season? As in, I'm noticing the music in most episodes, where I didn't before.

The score has been pretty lousy, and the mixing has been awful. There were a few instances this season where I had to strain to hear the dialogue over the music.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Something else I've noticed - Tulpas are like the Lupus of Supernatural.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

See, I was kinda the opposite. I thought he was working on the car in an effort to prove he WAS ok.

Yes, exactly, for now. I guess I'm just hoping for the Mark not being dropped entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

cool kids inc. posted:

I guess I'm just hoping for the Mark not being dropped entirely.

Are we watching the same show? The Mark is far from dropped, that was the whole point of dean unloading a full clip into the shape shiftier and they couldn't have telegraphed it more from the "previously on" segment before the episode that focused on Dean being injected with human blood.