Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The leviathon season is when I almost gave up on the show. I stopped watching them the week they came out and started falling behind each season as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The leviathan season is one of my favorites, even though it's more of a Buffy season than Supernatural. Obviously 2 through 5 are the best, but then I kinda prefer 7 over 1.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Whenever I see screenshots of Dean and/or Sam from season 1/2 I just wanna pinch their cheeks like a grandma because they're so darn cute lookin

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I really thought the show was running out of steam in S7 but here we are like double the time later and whelp

Was talking to someone the other day who is just getting into the show and is on S3 and all I could say was "get ready for another 10 years of a great show!"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah, they are killable after DICK got stabbed in the neck. Something about taking out the main one makes all the others way weaker.

Crowley had hell go on a cleanup tour to kill the rest.
Oh, cool, I must have missed that the first time through.

I just got to the episode where they find the leviathan tablet. It's kinda adorable that they both put on safety glasses before hammering the clay open. :kimchi: Can't risk getting grit in your eye.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

:angel: This is the handwriting of Metatron.
S: Metatron? You saying a transformer wrote that?
D: No, that's Megatron.
S: What?!
D: The transformer -- It's megatron.
S: What?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes hello is it permissible to post my fan fiction where Sam and dean are cursed but the curse is an overwhelming need to make out with blood relatives and also I’m their secret brother?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

oldpainless posted:

Yes hello is it permissible to post my fan fiction where Sam and dean are cursed but the curse is an overwhelming need to make out with blood relatives and also I’m their secret brother?

You'll want the forums down the street, I think...

Also,
https://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/supernatural-season-14-wayward-sisters-return/

quote:

he CW may have passed on the Wayward Sisters spin-off but that doesn't mean it's the end of the road for Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes), Donna Hanscum (Briana Buckmaster) and the rest of the all-woman demon-wrecking crew. Since the Supernatural world isn't expanding like we hoped, Season 14 will see the sisters reincorporated back into the OG series to help the Winchesters fight the good fight. And while we don't know much about what brings them back to Supernatural, writer and executive producer Brad Buckner says you won't have to wait long to see at least one of those familiar faces.

"[Jody Mills] is back very early on because she becomes a part of the initial action," he told TV Guide.

Now that Michael is walking around in Dean's (Jensen Ackles) body and Sam (Jared Padalecki) has been charged with leading the Apocalypse World hunters, the brothers could use all the help they can get. And with nine seasons of demon-fighting under her belt, there's no one more qualified for the job than Sheriff Mills. However, her return might not be all about saving the Winchesters.

After all, the Wayward Sisters backdoor pilot left some major questions unanswered, namely the mystery of Kaia's (Yadira Guevara-Prip) darker clone who showed up right after her death in Monster World. According to showrunner Andrew Dabb, the upcoming season will tie up those loose ends while also remaining true to the Supernatural format.

"There were a lot of things floating out there that happened at the end of the 'Wayward Sisters' episode we plan to address in the core of Supernatural, but do so in a way that feels like a part of our Supernatural mythology. It's not just like we're going over to Wayward town for a week. It all dovetails together in a very cool way," Dabb explained.

With the Wayward Sisters poised to return next season, there's no one more excited to have them back than the Winchesters themselves, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki. "[Jody Mills] is very important to the brothers so having them back and having that female presence, I think it's always a positive thing. It's always a good thing to have," said Ackles. Added Padalecki, "They are great ladies and I think they bring a great new facet to Supernatural so I'm thrilled to have them back."

That's great news, but it doesn't make up for the network giving up on the show before it had a chance. Particularly when we just got the bullshit statement from the head of CW where he first said "there wasn't enough room in the schedule" then said "look maybe we just have to accept that there is no Supernatural without Jared and Jensen" which to me sounded like "we did one focus group and can safely say girls only want to see hunky guys pushing 40, not boring girls." :rolleyes:

If you can't make a spinoff with Jody and Donna, you pretty much are sticking a fork in your biggest franchise which can end when either of the leads suddenly get bored.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Eww gross, they're going to have to spend screen-time fixing the continuity barf that would have been oisters.

Look, I'm not a fangirl or "guy"; I just like the show. I also think that Dean is quite obviously the hero, and Sam is the other guy.

The Leviathan season was still on average a better show than the next two seasons. Mark peregrine wasn't THAT GREAT past the original "the devil is an okay guy with this own motives and needs your OK to take your body". After that, he was a loser clown. for like 6 seasons.

Check the first death episode with Dean in the Pizza diner. That is what actual scariness looks like.

Agree/Disagree?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DoggPickle posted:

Check the first death episode with Dean in the Pizza diner. That is what actual scariness looks like.

Agree/Disagree?

That scene was awesome. Death stayed pretty cool too. He's not a villain or a hero, he doesn't care about destroying the world or saving it. All he wants is for everyone to stop poking at the foundations of reality. Then we can all enjoy junk food and wait for the inevitable march of entropy to end things.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsy06n-omrg

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That was hilarious.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Facebook Aunt posted:

That scene was awesome. Death stayed pretty cool too. He's not a villain or a hero, he doesn't care about destroying the world or saving it. All he wants is for everyone to stop poking at the foundations of reality. Then we can all enjoy junk food and wait for the inevitable march of entropy to end things.

Death's portrayal reminded me in an odd way of "that super old but young guy from Trublood" who gets his scene where he is about to meet the sun from that stupid cult and he has this one line "I am older than your Jesus" and it's just plain truth, and serene, and a big fat DUH. Death says basically the same thing. I have been here forever, and I the things that you know are just blips. Have some deep dish pizza.

Fadder, Brooder, Soon. Pizza.

But also, it was Dean's expressions that entirely sold that scene.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good premier. That loving demon who wanted to be king was what 5’1? He barely came up to Sams dick.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
God I missed this show having an actual supporting cast. The bunker looks so much less stupid when it's populated with activity. I hope this isn't something they'll wipe out in like 3 episodes with a ":lol: everyone died" moment. The show has ALWAYS benefited from a supporting cast, always.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GreenNight posted:

Good premier. That loving demon who wanted to be king was what 5’1? He barely came up to Sams dick.
Very disappointed he died already. I liked him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

God I missed this show having an actual supporting cast. The bunker looks so much less stupid when it's populated with activity. I hope this isn't something they'll wipe out in like 3 episodes with a ":lol: everyone died" moment. The show has ALWAYS benefited from a supporting cast, always.

Agree. Really good premiere. I also unabashedly love how demons are literally scared of the Winchesters now. It makes sense. They've killed so many of the fuckers at this point and both created and averted multiple apocalypses.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I need a wallpaper-sized capture of Dean in angelvision.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Only thing I didn't like was how nerfed cas got. Seriously, back in season 4 we had a single angel burning out the eyes of an entire restaurant. Now, cas gets beaten up by some base level assholes wearing rednecks.

At least last season had those enochian knucks to explain how he got the poo poo kicked out of him.

Jack has the survival skills of a wet balloon at this point. Can't wait for him to discover herpes from a bar chick when cas tries to get him a girlfriend.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jack then starts Future Man.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Also very cool they kept around Pellegrino. I imagine this means Luci will be back soon.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Only thing I didn't like was how nerfed cas got.

They nerfed the gently caress out of all angels. They went from true titans of power where one would make fifty demons quake in terror to lovely redshirts that Stormtroopers could wipe out in droves.

The fact they are nearly extinct makes perfect sense at least. They suck. Even the lowest tier monsters like vamps could wreck them.

Demons too, for that matter. They suddenly became macbook wielding doofuses that couldn't find their way out of wet cardboard.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agree. Really good premiere. I also unabashedly love how demons are literally scared of the Winchesters now. It makes sense. They've killed so many of the fuckers at this point and both created and averted multiple apocalypses.

I know it's suspension of disbelief and all that but it still makes me laugh that any monster could utterly crush the Winchesters if they'd just get a gun. They always run at them with pigstickers and get shanked or shot.

If every demon in that bar had an AK-47 the whole crew would have been hosed.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 13, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I know it's suspension of disbelief and all that but it still makes me laugh that any monster could utterly crush the Winchesters if they'd just get a gun. They always run at them with pigstickers and get shanked or shot.

If every demon in that bar had an AK-47 the whole crew would have been hosed.
Especially since so many monsters are immune to bullets. You could just fire wildly and not even have to worry about hitting your friends.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's bugging me how they made a point to say load up on devil's trap bullets, but everyone they shot was able to just move around fine.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I could be wrong, but I thought the devil's trap bullets just stopped the demons from escaping? Like, you shoot them with one of those and they're locked into that body so you can question them or whatever.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

They nerfed the gently caress out of all angels. They went from true titans of power where one would make fifty demons quake in terror to lovely redshirts that Stormtroopers could wipe out in droves.

Demons too, for that matter. They suddenly became macbook wielding doofuses that couldn't find their way out of wet cardboard.

In the past couple seasons we learned that there are basically only a few angels left, after the fall and years of civil war, and Heaven is barely functioning. Grace doesn't go nearly as far as it used to.

And demons are largely useless when they don't have a leader. I don't think there's been a single instance of an effective demon doing his own thing on the show who wasn't a knight of hell or an ambitious Crowley type.

Apocalypse World showed what happens when everything cosmic degrades and nothing is left. Even without the inclusion of Michael, earth prime on the show is practically there. I'm kinda hoping that's where this season is heading. What happens if the afterlife is just broken.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God is still out there somewhere right?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yes, but I highly doubt we'd see him or his sister again until possibly the end of the show. Too much hand waving magic.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am curious did the guy who played Crowley have a falling out with the crew or something? I still think his death was the most out of nowhere abrupt thing I've ever seen to the point I didn't think it was going to stick. A pointless sacrifice that came out of nowhere.

GreenNight posted:

Yes, but I highly doubt we'd see him or his sister again until possibly the end of the show. Too much hand waving magic.

I kind of want God to show up like Back to the Future Doc saying how "his new world has a problem" and we get a Supernatural episode.... INNN SPAAAACE

Tiggum posted:

I could be wrong, but I thought the devil's trap bullets just stopped the demons from escaping? Like, you shoot them with one of those and they're locked into that body so you can question them or whatever.

Yet they did anyway.

Also I don't know, in earlier seasons even a single demon was a real threat, they had to approach it with holy words, symbols, traps, trickery and anything they could find because humans used to be the underdogs. Devil Trap bullets are kind of silly now because Sam can solo a half dozen demons in a fist fight and kill all of them without a scratch (They tend to constantly forget their "hurl people to the wall" telekenesis these days.) It goes beyond organization.

It really comes from the fact they've played hell for laughs for so long any attempt to make them a serious threat doesn't work. That said, this aspect worked fine this episode as that was the point; hell is outright afraid of the Winchesters. Part of me feels like the "No Crowley deal" thing was pretty meta, too, letting us know that stuff was done with.

That said, despite my bitching, I am definitely enjoying the new status quo this season and REALLY REALLY hope it sticks. I am scared they'll try to shove it back into the old format of just the two Winchesters being 99% of the show, moping around in a big empty bunker. Them having a team of hunters again, Having loving Bobby back, etc. is so much better. I said earlier the bunker looks less dumb when it's full and I mean it; it feels like for the first time since it's addition to the show it's not a wasted set and there's a reason for them to be there.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 14, 2018

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

I am curious did the guy who played Crowley have a falling out with the crew or something? I still think his death was the most out of nowhere abrupt thing I've ever seen to the point I didn't think it was going to stick. A pointless sacrifice that came out of nowhere.

They've said nothing about disliking him, but in a show where death is NEVER final, they were adamant that he was never coming back. And Sheppard was very publicly vocal about being pissed he was let go--he was a regular at that point too.

Of course, this is also a show not afraid to fakeout over a long term--they made it seem like Pelligrino was done as Lucifer and he even played along IRL pretending to be upset, so who knows.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Nah. Well, probably as a side effect but it also should immobilize them. Crowley has been shot with one a couple times and it just sort of stuck him in place. Same for the hell knight lady I can't remember the name of offhand.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blazing Ownager posted:

They suddenly became macbook wielding doofuses that couldn't find their way out of wet cardboard.

You take that back! Vile slander!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The nerfing is partly explained. The angels Fell and they've never been quite the same since. That was a flat out nerf, and it allows them to be characters rather than walking nukes.

Both the angels and demons have had several waves of "follow me or die" type leadership struggles. Their best warriors died. The demons that are left on earth just aren't first stringers.

Meanwhile Sam and Deal were literally part of an angelic eugenics program bred to be the best humanity has to offer, followed by intensive training since childhood. Honestly at this point the monsters best bet would be for all the supernatural things in north america to agree to lay low for 50 years. Let the Winchesters die of old age.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Honestly at this point the monsters best bet would be for all the supernatural things in north america to agree to lay low for 50 years. Let the Winchesters die of old age.
Only if it were in their best interests to help each other. Any individual monster is best off staying off the radar, but if you're a monster trying to keep a low profile then you want every other monster out there to be as loud as possible, so just in case you slip up you might not get noticed.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

As requested!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sweet dude, thanks :angel:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Very cool that we finally get to see that after all these years!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who needs goth girl drama, am i right?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I mean it did come from the super dick nerd with anger issues.

A good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am betting there's gonna be a supercut on the dvd release of the bloopers of Dean just suggestion some weird poo poo when he started going the couples costume route.

Loved the Red Hood costume in the show. He really pulled it off in the photoshoot.