Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
God dies at the end of the season killing Amara then Jesus Christ says my dad died and I inherited his powers and is somehow the new big bad they have to, of course, murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't get the last part of this episode. The pan and cut from Ketch to the British lady was weird. Is she there with Ketch, or was it the shapeshifter they were interrogating at the beginning of the episode. Weird cut either way.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope they go any route other than Jack as the Big Bad. There were a few fake outs in this episode but I hope they just keep it at that.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GreenNight posted:

I liked how they expanded the mythology to show where angels and demons go when they die and what was before creation.

I agree, I like when they dive into the mythology a bit. I was disappointed that the void god was just Castiel doing a dumb voice but otherwise solid B story.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GreenNight posted:

That was a pretty good episode. I love the Castiel and Lucifer buddy comedy.

The Lucifer/Castiel scene in the bar had me rolling. Also him trying to kill the people on the street and failing was funny as hell.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Castiel: "Jack, If you can't sleep that's understandable, given recent events."
Jack: "You mean dying and coming back to life."
Castiel: "Yeah, we've all been through it. It's something of a rite of passage around here."

:lol:

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Adam "still in hell" dancing gif is like a quarter of the comments on that post. The writers have to know people want some resolution for Adam.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Adam staring Rectify, but also his best friend is a werewolf

Adam and Garth adventures is a spinoff show I can get behind!

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It's definitely time to end it, they've ratcheted up the stakes with Demons, Angels, Lucifer, Leviathans, More Angels, Lucifer, Alt-Michael, etc. Outside of the darkness entity that is after Castiel and supposedly as timeless and powerful as God, they've run out of big bads to shiv.

Knowing it is ending in advance is really great and gives them time to film a full conclusive season, rather than having to push a finale episode through at the last second.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I kind-of figured the show would end with Chuck as the big bad.

Theorycraft: They kill Chuck and Jack replaces him as God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also liked God actually doing something powerful for once and undoing the truth-telling chaos across the world. In this show, supposed Gods are often no different than other monsters but with added telekinesis and teleportation.