Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That was a delightful episode. So dense with references and commentary, I don't think a second went by without a joke. Also I thought the shot of driving into the sunset at the end was awesome. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Cool idea but, let's face it Crowley is always going to be the most obvious suspect. He wouldn't even need to be possessed! Still i'd rather play Supernatural clue than... Big bang theory clue (a real thing)

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I really hope these totally awesome pull-out-of-the-car shots are going to be an end of episode thing now.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Just watched the preview, looks like it is really happening, the angel romance!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Tiggum posted:

There's no noose in Cluedo. There's a rope, and Dean picked one of those up along with the lead pipe.

The rope is always depicted as tied up in a noose, which is how you would most likely kill someone with a rope, is it not.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Oh whatever. i've only seen it look like this

anyway you were just being pedantic because a noose is just a rope tied in a loop, which again is how you would kill someone with a rope in a murder mystery.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That's an interesting turn of events.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

computer parts posted:

Because it owns.

Yes. I hope it outlasts Gunsmoke.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

priznat posted:

Kinda bummed Hannah is out, I liked her.

I find myself remembering some of the horrible poo poo that Crowley has done, like all the extra prophets being killed etc, and I am very torn about liking the character :ohdear:

Yeah it's pretty much impossible not to though. And i'll miss Hannah too but I guess she had a nice ending which is a bit of a change for this show.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Xealot posted:

So, maybe it's better if they just end things.

Nope, not gonna happen.

But I would like to see more men of letters stuff. I'd also like to see more Nazi necromancer stuff.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I think it's a lot easier on the production to have a standing set they can film a number of scenes at for any given episode.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
It's really interesting how low key this season is. The midseason finale, just a story about a daughter who lost her father, a son reconnecting with his mother, and Dean letting his murderous maniac side out. It's a nice change of pace.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Whalley posted:

Also yeah. Supernatural used to be my "event" show but now there's Flash and Arrow being so much more interesting, Agents of Shield has come into its own, and Constantine finally got good and is trying to give us the dark undercurrent that inspired Supernatural to begin with. Bring back some fuckin' Leviathans, or give us something new like them. Or even bring back some Jefferson Starships. Just... stop farting around with the same plot for so many seasons.

I get if you're bored of the show but farting around with the same plot? The fact that this season does not have a big bad and is going for more personal plot lines relating to Dean, and Cas, and even Crowley with his mother etc. is showing that they're trying something new. And it's no matter to me if they did mostly focus on stand alone episodes because that's always going to be the bread and butter of the show and the reason to keep watching every week. It's like telling CSI to stop farting around with the same plot, it's not going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

So my girlfriend got me to go watch Crimson Peak with her the other day, and guess who pops up very early on? Jim Beaver (Bobby). It really stuck me that I've never really seen him in anything outside of the show, but drat if he's not instantly likable in the role. In fact, I can without any doubt at all say he's the best thing about the movie.

Of course.. (Crimson Peak spoiler):
..like Supernatural, it immediately goes downhill fast once he leaves.

I'd kill to see this guy in a western with Jeff Bridges or something. It's kind of a shame he's not in more stuff.

ED: And surprisingly yes, he out acts every other actor in the movie. I'd watched a whole movie about his character instead. Kind of wish I did.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised at seeing him in the movie too. I thought the movie was actually pretty decent though. Very nice visuals.