Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

EC posted:

Am I making stuff up or did the boys get all their scars healed by ~magic~ at some point in the show?

It wouldn't surprise me.

Considering the number of times they've died and come back to life, it makes sense that they could have had their scars healed as well. After all, I could see the Trickster healing up Dean's scar tissue for being a good sport about killing him a hundred times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

The special was kind of fun to watch. Apparently all the notes Gary Cole's character gave in 'Hollywood Babylon' were actual notes Supernatural got from CW execs. So they cast loving Lumbergh as their super annoying boss who only exists to give notes, then killed him off.

Also Bobby Singer was supposed to have a different name, but legal vetoed it, so the writers thought it would be funny to name the character Bobby Singer. Robert Singer claimed he pushed back on it, thinking he would get blamed for naming a character after himself, because that's some bad fanfic 101 level poo poo. He claims he relented because he thought Bobby would just be a one episode character, but if he knew that Bobby would be such a big deal he would have pushed harder to rename him.

There was also some talk about The French Mistake where the Supernatural showrunners get killed, and there was some discussion that was pretty grim. But they decided that having fictional versions of themselves get killed was the way to go.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at Oct 7, 2014 around 07:49

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

BreakAtmo posted:

This was an interesting opening ep - it did feel odd, rather subdued. I have no problems with such a change of pace though, and I'm interested to see where they go from here.

Re: Bloodlines - it sucked, horribly. But I've said this before and I'll say it again - I would kill for the creators to follow it up with a big-budget official open-world co-op action game about Sam and Dean returning to Chicago and wiping out the monster families. The story setup really feels like it was tailor-made for a game in some ways, like how we have a single open location and a collection of different enemy types all ruled by higher-level, more powerful bosses.

Not 100% what you're looking for, since it is a single player RPG. But you might want to check out Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. You basically play as a noob vampire doing quests given to you by other vampires higher up on the food chain.

Edit: It will probably go on sale on steam around Halloween. And you will need to install some fan patches to make it playable.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

I dunno, I thought it was cute. Then, I like Jodi and Fargo, so the two of them showcasing heavily is a ok with me.

Yeah, I thought it was a decent MotW episode. Nothing amazing, but nothing to really complain about either.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I want to see the earthly aftermath of that smite though, sounded like it world be similar to a nuke going off.

I'm guessing it would be like my four year old niece trying to pick a fight with me. Yeah, keep wailing on my shins, that will eventually take me down.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Tiggum posted:

If they were willing to expand the cast at all, she'd make a great addition to the team of hunters they should be building.

That's what I was thinking. She's a legacy member of the Men of Letters, maybe they could show her the Men of Letters compound that's a 15 minute drive away, see if she might be interested in joining. Even if she is deaf, most modern cell phones have a thing called text messaging, I hear all the kids are raving about it. Along with their poodle skirts and hula hoops, so it wouldn't be that big of a hindrance for her being able to effectively communicate with Sam and Dean.

The Red Queen posted:

Did I read that scene right that the deaf girl's mom died because she cut too deeply and bled out?

It looked like the mom was going for a hand slash with a knife, and she accidentally slashed her wrist in the excitement, so she bled out from that.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2016 around 06:05

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I don't have a problem with powerful witches. My takeaway has always been that its questions of skill and experience. There are badasses like the poker guy, the Leviathon couple, or Rowena who are basically immortal demigods because of all the poo poo they've learned and then there's those those bored housewives who sell their souls for promotions at work and those kids who wanted to cash in on the Winchester demon bounty. Witchcraft is basically a learned skill so some people are more ambitious or skilled than others.

I mean, all the poo poo the Winchesters do with symbols and blood and traps and poo poo are all basically witchcraft too. Remember back to S1 when they didn't know poo poo and Bobby was basically introduced as an amateur magic dealer. They've just picked up a ton of tricks and skills from years of books, hunters/amateur witches, angels, demons, reapers, Men of Letters info, and all the other poo poo they've encountered.

But I won't miss Rowena. Her usefulness was way played out.

Yeah, I don't see a problem with the older witches being smart enough to keep their heads down to avoid hunters and demons, and the younger, dumber witches pledging their souls to a demon for power, only to instantly showing up on hunter radar. Some idiot finds the Necronomicon and starts reading it aloud, of course that's going to raise all sorts of red flags.

Even the poker guy didn't even really come across as being all that powerful. Instead he mostly had one really good spell, and a couple of hundred years gambling experience under his belt, so his main source of power was being really good at reading people.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm torn between "Hey, she's a legacy too so she has the exact same rights to the MoL stuff that you guys feel you have. Invite her back to your house to check out the cool poo poo." and "RUN! GET AWAY FROM THEM BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!"

I wasn't arguing that they need to have the new girl hanging out in the MoL compound all the time as a recurring character, just that they should have at least offered to give her a tour of the place, because she has as much right to be there as Sam and Dean. Just a simple,

"Hey, want to to check out the MoL base? It's a 15 minute drive from here?"
"No, I've spent too much time wallowing in the past, It's time for me to move on with my life. We should probably exchange e-mail addresses if we need help somewhere down the road, just in case."

A 30 second conversation could have easily solved that issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Because that host body was rotting and then Luci jumped into Sam, so presumably that human host up and died. Mark Pellegrino can play him in flashbacks and in spirit form. but can't really play him walking around on earth anymore.

Yeah, but that still kind of raises the question of why Lucifer can ride around in Cas's meatsuit, when the whole big conflict for the first 5 seasons was that Lucifer needed Sam to use him as a vessel.