Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Am I making stuff up or did the boys get all their scars healed by ~magic~ at some point in the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm almost scared to post this here, but here we go:

http://www.monsteroftheweek.cool/

My buds and I have been kicking around the idea of making a Supernatural podcast for awhile, so in December we just committed and did the drat thing. We're all big fans, although definitely not the biggest fans that the show has. I'm just about caught up with the current episodes, my two cohosts have seen up to at least through S8, and we've all seen the first five seasons several times. The podcast is comedic in nature, not critical, so we goof around a lot while covering the show. Although we all really like it, we can't but make fun of it as well.

The first cast covers the first two eps, and then each ep after will cover three episodes. You can download/stream the podcast at the link above, and we're also on iTunes and available on most pod-catchers I'm aware of (if you have a favorite one that we don't appear on, let me know and I'll figure out how). We're all in three different states, so despite my best efforts there is some weird audio glitches.

We just finished recording about the end of S1, and then we'll be doing a feedback episode. So if you want to send us questions or prompts, we'll read them on the show in a few weeks. monsteroftheweekpodcast@gmail.com

New episodes on Thursdays, so ep 3 is coming out tomorrow.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
We skipped ahead a few seasons of our normal podcast coverage (we're about to finish season 6: CASPLZ) to do an episode on Wayward Sisters. If you want to hear two dudes that love Supernatural talk about the new pilot, here's the link for you.

Also, Claire is 100% what Dean was like when he was younger, except with less training and tragedy in her life (which is saying something, Claire's backstory is filled with a lot of tragedy). The big difference between the two of them is that at the end of the episode, she had already acknowledged her need to be supported by other people, and to not run into situations without some sort of plan. The show never showed Dean losing someone he was responsible for until he had been a hunter for years, but Claire is going to already have learned that lesson by the time the show starts (hopefully it starts, anyway).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Thanks! We have a ton of fun doing it.

We're gonna start covering the comics soon (tyvm patrons) me OH BOY this first series is hilarious and bad. It really, really leans into John being a terrible father.