Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Botnit posted:

I'm not done with this episode yet but I'm getting a very strong It Follows vibe from it.

Which is a movie anyone should watch because it's legit good.

Hahaha I'm literally halfway through the episode and came to post the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I want a season where they do nothing Supernatural related. Like, go see movies, play video games. Deal with a wacky roommate, etc. Just to see how long they can keep going.

I really do love the characters on this show but it peaked at Season 5 and ever since it's been retreading the same themes over and over and over again.

"This season... On Supernatural, (Dean/Sam/Cas) has a dark secret that they're holding back from (Dean/Sam/Cas), and only by facing the most powerful evil they've (ever faced/faced before but it's back and more powerful) can they learn to trust their (brother/friend)."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

computer parts posted:

This hasn't actually happened for Season 11. At best you could say the dark secret is Cas being inhabited by Lucifer but that got revealed in like 3 episodes and no one has lost trust in him for doing so.

Yeah but how long did the "Dean loves the Darkness" thing go for before he admitted it to Sam?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

GreenNight posted:

Not long at all, and when Dean could admit it to himself, he also admitted it to Sam. Also it didn't cause any angst. This season has been literally pretty drat good.

Yeah, I'll give you that I suppose. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

scorpiobean posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who desperately wants a Bobby/Rufus spin-off. Even if they did a miniseries or something, I'd be so happy.

Also I just saw some season one episodes yesterday. Sam and Dean look like babies! Optimistic, uncomplicated babies (relatively). Man what a change over 11 years.

Heh yeah, a friend of mine just started watching, I told him "Enjoy watching Sam devolve into a giant gorilla over the next few years"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

~ALTHOUGH~, it would be an amazing reason why none of their cases ever seem to take place in Utah.

I think it was the movie Warlock where the villain was affected by salt and they buried him in the great salt plains of Utah hahaha

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Atreiden posted:

Man I hoped we would finally be free of too much demon plots. Guess we are in for yet another Crowley vs. Lucifer/another powerful demon.

Man I hope it's not Rick Springfield playing a guy possessed by Lucifer and in fact they actually make it Rick Springfield playing Rick Springfield possessed by Lucifer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

oldpainless posted:

What if the main villain is Sam?

Or Dean?!

Or Castiel?!?!

Or Crowley?!?!?

Season long villain will be "Ronald J. Krump", a crazed demon running for president.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Hey man, i was just over here in my Hulu cocoon and i suddenly didn't have all my shows. Also CW doesn't have a roku app so i have to watch on my computer, not my super awesome 50" with surround sound and a comfy couch.

I am inconvenienced!

If you have a Chromecast you can host cast the Chrome tab that has the CW going to your TV. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

"Aren't you worried this might be over the top?"
"What the gently caress are you talking about? Have you even WATCHED this show?"
"But the swastika..."
"HAHAHA GET IT? WATCH?.... gently caress you it's going in the script"

:allears: God drat do I love this show. Even if it does blueball me with the loving grenade launcher.

I haven't laughed so hard at an episode in a long time. Happy go lucky Hitler was fantastic (I LOVE DOGGIES), sad Dean with the grenade launcher was fantastic, episode title was fantastic. No drama, just good old fashioned Nazi hunting.

Even though Venture Brothers sort of already did it I LOVE HITLER AND HITLER LOVES ME

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Astroman posted:

I think Springfield was starting to channel Pellegrino a bit better in this episode, so it is bad to see him go. If they have a parade of hosts and they aren't as good as Misha at playing the part, it's going to get worse and worse. Or just handwave it and bring back Mark Pellegrino for crissake. poo poo, they teched the tech with a "lost Lucifer angel feather" to heal his Vince Vincente Vessel, I'm sure they could come up with some mumbo jumbo that recreates the Nick meatsuit and just gives it to him permanently, the same way Cas has a permanent Not Jimmy body.

In other news:

http://people.com/babies/jensen-and-danneel-harris-ackles-welcome-twins/

He named his kid after Led Zeppelin. Jensen is literally Dean Winchester. :allears:

I'm assuming the Rhodes is "as in Randy."

I think this is the real reason why Supernatural has lasted as long as it has. The actors love their roles, love their characters, and just love each other. Ratings be damned.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I want every episode to end with Cas stabbing the weekly big bad in the back. Streak of two so far!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm pretty sure he said he'll come back for the series finale, and only the finale.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Am I the only one who always expects Donatello to be evil for some reason? There's something about that guy...

He was one of the best sympathetic villains in Angel, if you watched that perhaps it resonates.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Astroman posted:

It doesn't help that Jensen and Jared refuse to age gracefully. Instead of having a CW teen heartthrob show you could have two guys getting into grizzled middle age hunting demons like Ash on AvED.

But dammed if they still don't look like kids playing dressup when they flash their FBI badges, and when Dean gets all "those drat kids" around some high schoolers, you just can't buy him as old enough to be a father to someone that old. Or grandfather.

I think that's the part that we can all agree is by far the most unrealistic part of the show. Ghosts, witches, demons, sure whatever. But Dean looking that good surviving off beer, pie and cheeseburgers???? I can only suspend my disbelief so much guys

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Remember a hundred years ago when Death offered to put Dean on an uninhabited planet by himself for an eternity of wandering the not-earth alone? And that was too terrible so he shanked Death and they nearly destroyed the world, lol.

Now he wants to be locked in a box at the bottom of the ocean with an angry archangel? What a maroon.

This is gonna end like Angel season 3 with Dean in a box.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

e: I liked how even when brainwashed into Leave it to Beaver guy he still didn't get a shave or a haircut. Like that's the one thing that could break his programming.

Oh he shaved and got a cut, it just instantly regrew back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wow this freaking episode hit me hard in the feels.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I was kind of taken aback that this was the finale. Don't they usually have more episodes in a season?

I'm not going to lie, 15 seasons later and I still get a rush when Kansas kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Please don't tell me theres still people not satisfied with the length of the show as it is. I mean it's still good in some respects but this show has been a horse dragging around a dead carcass for 10 years now.

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't asking out of disappointment, just surprise. I'm pretty much at the point where any show can be cut down to 15 episodes max and it will improve it.