Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Yeah, I've been a long-time watcher too.I think I started at S2 time and watched from the beginning and caught up. So it's been AWHILE.

Now everyone is so powerful and the stakes are so high, that every dumb move seems even dumber. The writing has gotten a little silly. They really need to learn from all their experiences and apply those things correctly to every situation or they just start looking like idiots. Charlie leaving that safe house with an ANGEL AT HER BACK to get killed in a crappy motel was extremely stupid and annoying. I don't even have the crush on her that some people do. I think she's been ok. Charlie starred in some of the most "out-of-the-box"/third-wall episodes but they weren't even the best ones.

Remember back when even psychically LOOKING at an angel burned that poor lady's eyeballs out?? Then she came back to help again and got stabbed to death for her trouble :classiclol:

And most of all, this whole Mark of Cain/Dean is acting CrrrrAAAzzzy thing is not playing well at all. Dean seems like Dean, except everyone is being a butthole about it and talking behind his back like a bunch of teenage girls. If they really wanted Dean to look out of control, they needed to try harder. He looks fine to me... tranquil even. I'd be a little pissy too, if my only bro was conspiring behind my back and disappearing at all hours??

I'm up in the air about the Stines. It depends on what they do with them. I do enjoy a nice earthbound conspiracy for once. My next-door neighbors growing up were Stines and now I wonder if that was shortened from Frakenstein as well or if there is a totally separate origin of the name Stine/Stein. I'm kinda preferring to think of my old high-school principal as a former Frankenstein at the moment though :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

The Red Queen posted:

Yeah, Sam is acting weirder than Dean. Dean will stub his toe at the honeycomb hideout and let out a stream of cusses and then Sam runs to Castiel and says "Dean's getting worse! He lost control today!"

How great would it be if Rowena hid a paranoia-causing hex bag in the crevice between his abs?

Hahah that'd be the only way out of this currently particularly poor writing. Even Dean's supposedly toogrimdark speech to Castiel about leaving his daughter alone was actually pretty true. Everyone they ever hang out with ends up freaking DEAD, and giving her some skills and letting her run free is probably the best idea ever. They just can't seem to manage writing Dean doing anything actually BAD, so the whole thing is falling flat as me trying to bake my mom's cookies.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I really liked this episode. I think it was just fun seeing Dean be an actual bad-rear end for once. (since everyone has been acting like he's some kind of maniac for weeks now). I mean, he lets two redneck cops pull him over for NO reason, then break TWO of the impala's bulbs, and STILL doesn't either beat the crap out of them or kill them dead in 30 seconds, which he could have easily done. Oh WOW DEAN is so effected by this Cane mark.

Crowley's become awfully sissified this season. He just hangs out in a random basement and tells demons to do slightly bad things.

That was all kinda negative, but like I said, I actually really liked this episode =D

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm just slightly pissed that I clicked on this thread days ago, and the absolute first post was "so dean kills death?" That's entirely my own fault, but goddamn did it screw up an entire episode. A season finale episode.

In any case, I still felt like "death" actually likes dean, so handing him the scythe wasn't that big a deal, it just made no sense in the entire storyline for Dean to turn around and kill him. His crappy choice was actually better. Death is older than God. Death is older than the devil. Death is older than the earth. So now, despite the "darkness"- does nobody die? Don't the reapers report to death? He's been the "coolest" ultra super power in the show so far. He's basically been the ULTIMATE POWER In many seasons of power creep. Even the invisible God has less power.

I have no idea what they intend to do next... If they keep it smart and everyone uses all their 10 years of knowledge it will be fun, otherwise it will go stupid really fast.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Am I just completely making this up from dreams, or was it made clear in the first Pizza Parlor Death episode (A good one!) that death can only be killed by his own scythe? (even though it was completely different?)

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Yaos posted:

The scythe fell apart when Death died, so the scythe may just be a part of Death. I wonder what Death had before the scythe was invented.

A philosophical debate... Do you think the first ever murder was carried out by a big rock or a pointy stick? Debate :colbert:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

computer parts posted:

It seems to have been a jawbone.
Nice historical knowledge, but I will classify that as BIG HARD HITTY THING along with rock vs pointy stabby bleedy thing. Debate solved. Thanks!

*edit lost a quotey thing, fixed now sorry

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

az posted:

Don't forget that every special creature in the supernaturalverse has immunity against everything except x, y or z, so the King of Hell may just be angelproofed. Or not, who cares, not gonna die either way.

Also the darkness can't really be spirits of dead anything if they had been around before life itself, but you never know what the writers will do. My prediction is they will be smoke monsters that meatpuppet people and can make their eyes, hmm let's go with green? I don't think we had green yet. And they can hulk out and have superpowers, their weakness is a Korean offbrand Diet Pepsi and Mexican food. Oh and one of them is going to ghostride Sam for awhile, he's been possession free for too long.

You mean Head and Shoulders shampoo right?? :laffo:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Just pour it through a Britta. I use mine for like a year at a time. :lol:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

az posted:

Wasn't there an episode where Death had been captured or somehow paralysed by god knows who and nobody died anymore, or was that the reapers? I'm wondering if death being gone will have lasting consequences, or nature just picks a new guy to crave junk food and human souls.

This is the first thing I thought. Does nobody die anymore? Are we looking at some crazy Torchwood miracle day Nobody dies scenario? Also screw Torchwood, but the two mini-series are both really good. :)

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
This season really needs a 2 or 3 episode run of pure story with no gimmicks like the Tarantino thing. It just feels jumpy and smashed together right now. Don't get me wrong... I would not miss an episode! I can't help it at this point. I just realized the other day that I am the same age as Jensen Ackles, and for some reason that made me even more interested since I've been watching it for over 10 years. I started thinking about how my life was different 10 years ago (stupid girly poo poo lol, but you get my point) That's a drat long time to be in the same role on the same show. I hope he manages to punch a movie career out of this at some point, mostly because I think he's the best actor on the show and he deserves some recognition besides CW watchers. :laffo:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Back then, or shortly after, (it's hard to remember.. this was a long time ago!) I sort of figured that the 5 things were Lucifer and the 4 horsemen separately, or the 4 horseman as a "class" and there were 3 things left for future BIG BAD choices.

Did they still have the colt when they encountered Pestilence, War and Famine? I genuinely forget exactly when they lost it. War, they just cut his ring off, Famine was killed by a Demon-Blood Jacked up Sam, and what the hell killed Pestilence?

Death was pretty much the best villain the series has ever seen. He wasn't just one of the 4 horseman, but something older and infinitely more important that god, and frankly creepy and scary in his acting and characterization. Dean showed well-deserved reverence to Death, and that episode was one of their best. They neutered him a bit with the repeated showings, but never really knocked him down a peg, because he's DEATH, he's inevitable, and they most certainly didn't kill him. Pshhaaaww lol

I am really tired of Mark Pelligrino. I admit that he was creepy for about a minute, but then I just found him kind of irritating and I wish they'd stop bringing him back. I'm also confused about how he got that vessel again but *handwave* it's just a t.v. show and the rules do tend to change.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Facebook Aunt posted:

So good.
Looks like some things thought Lucifer was "a bratty child having a tantrum" even back then.

"I'm more powerful than you can process"

I think that's probably the best dramatic scene in the entire series. God (lol) it's good. Mmmm Hhmm death...

They almost screwed themselves with this bit, as any other creature/villain is going to be small pants compared to this dude. :laffo:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EzU9sLQ6I

I haven't posted in a while and I am unsure about the video policy. Please don't dunk me in the water as a witch if I messed it up.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I don't mean to be pedantic because I can't really remember either, but isn't Crowley's "stronghold" on earth? On the physical plane?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Pestilence got shanked by an angel blade from a hosed up cas, I think. I remember he cut his fingats off but the memory is a bit blurry after that. Maybe he ran off? The horsemen aren't dead, just really hosed up after losing the rings.

This genuinely made me laugh out loud because that is basically my exact remembrance of the same episode. It's like, I think they cut the ring off, and Cas was really messed up, and they were all sick and dying.. and then (CUT) everyone was okay and he ran off or something and I can't really remember what happened. :laffo:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Maybe they don't use the angel blades more often because Sam and Dean don't have MAGIC-APPEARING-ANGELBLADE-POCKET-SLEEVES. :)

So it just doesn't look as cool.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Okay, y'all will laugh at me, but this thread is in it's death throes, so who cares.

I had this dream (shut up) and Dean and Sam were on the show, frantically searching around for Ruby's knife, and then they get into that same discussion that normal people have:

"Well, WHERE DID YOU LAST SEE IT?"
"Was it in the CAR?"
" Did you put it on the COUNTER?"

and Dean is like, "well I had it in my pocket when we killed that fat demon in Idaho, two days ago"

And then they keep looking everywhere and eventually Sam finds it in the bottom of the dryer, because Dean did laundry and didn't check his pockets. End Scene.

Yeah I had a Supernatural dream. I'm not proud. At least I don't know someone who makes Angel Blades in real life ;)

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

:argh:

:haw:

Heh, yea, it's bit of a specialized hobby. I have to admit though, they do look spectacular.

I had a Supernatural dream myself a few years back, but I was in it as me, and Sam and Dean were there, and basically I realized I was in the opening credits to the show and freaked the gently caress out because that's when the random people die horribly, and since I was the only one there who WASN'T a star of the show I knew I was gonna be ded pretty damned quick. I started running away as fast as my fat little legs could carry me.

Woke up before whatever horrible poo poo that was gonna happen happened though, so that's a bonus.

I liked how they explained why Pellegrino is back as Lucifer. Basically just "Oh yea, we grabbed your old host and fixed him up and there ya go". I loved how they cut away with him laughing at Crowley, spent a good 5-10 mins on other stuff in the show, come back and he's still laughing. Dude's billions of years old, and knows how to hold a grudge. All Crowley needs is a big boxing glove labeled HUBRIS to punch him in the balls and this season is complete.

Hehe yeah sorry I took that little poke at you. It was meant in good fun :) Your dream was funny. Extras don't do so well, do they?

The Lucifer thing definitely made me laugh, but at least they explained it at all. This season has just seemed really jumpy and slapped together, almost like they're just getting tired of the whole thing and want an excuse to quit doing it without actually "quitting". The extras in this episode were particularly mediocre-to-bad actors too, and the sfx have taken a weird nose-dive. Even Dagon seemed like a weird, cheap actress, and she's probably going to stick around for a few.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know what, I hate when shows ignore obvious alternative solutions because they clearly want to get EMOTIONAL IMPACT out of a fixable situation.

Problem: Girl thinks she's abandon, turns into a ghost.
Solution to all their problems: Pluck her from the timeline while she's on the ship.

Literally no reason to send him back. But "Oh, the timeline!!!" you might yell. Here's the thing: They sent someone who may alter destiny back with years of knowledge of the modern world and supernatural being real. There's a huge chance he's not even dead and that's why they had to plot this, but.. yeah. When if they plucked HER out, someone who was definitely going to die 100%, it would literally do far, far less damage to the timeline while still fixing all of the problems.

Also why the hell does everyone not even involved in the spell remember this timeline if the timeline is erased?

Ugh, I think the script writers need some caffeine or something.

They seem to have decided that Rowena is now the ultimate fix-all. Remember when they had to get some Phoenix Ash, and it took all of Castiel's power plus Bobby's soul to travel back for 24 hours, and it was all dangerous and a BIG DEAL? Now you can apparently send someone back in time permanently with a couple words and a rune on the wall (thanks Rowena).

Dean's reverse flowers for Algernoning.. call Rowena.
The devil is in the President... call Rowena
We need a locator spell for Ruby's knife... call Rowena . Oh wait that was just my dream :lol:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: I honestly don't believe TV shows have to run out of gas this far in, I really don't. A lot of this stuff comes down to people not giving a poo poo. Like a few hours more thought about any of these scripts and they could be tweaked to be good. You don't really need to throw them all out just so many little things that drive me absolutely up a wall.

I don't want to be this down, but I really feel like they're actively trying to get the show cancelled, whether it's conscious or not. I'll be sad when it's canned, but also Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins can go on to decent movie careers or at the very least Video Game voiceovers. Then again, I think Ackles will probably just go "welp, I'm rich, I'm gonna get some horses and chillax". I'm not a fan-girl or creepy shipper. I don't know poo poo about any of the actors' real lives. I just picture Dean going "screw this. I'm gonna drink some beer and play air guitar" lol

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm 38 and I get carded all the time for booze. lol.

That's totally not important but just a funny anecdote.

I think it's genuinely really hard to tell how old anyone is anymore, maybe because of all the shows we grew up on where the teenagers were 25 and the adults were 30.

I'm starting to get really fat which comes with being 40 and being a lazy dumbass, but otherwise I basically look the same as my highschool picture.

I think Dean could possible have a future career if he cared enough to do so, but Sam is just a poor actor who manages to continue getting taller and growing more forehead. He's actually semi-cute in season 1 and then just keep growing this giant head. (I had never watched or have watched his older show)

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I definitely saw Misha on Timeless as Elliot Ness for a few seconds. For such a cheesy show, are they just paying these guest stars in Doritos or what? I automatically love anything that Jim Beaver is in. I mean, he's rad, plus he has had to overcome that name for his whole drat life. J Beaver. :black101:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

GreenNight posted:

And here I am thinking this season has been great.

That makes me feel like a jerk :(

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Tiggum posted:

Flash just accidentally showing up in the bunker like he did Supergirl's world the first time would be hilarious.

Is it just me or is the dude who plays the Flash (Barry Allen ) like the most adorable, charming person in the whole world? He even bumps up bad shows just by being there. I'm almost upset that I totally can't remember the actor's name. I actually sat back and thought about it for a minute. and I still have no idea what his name is. That's bad lol.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

GreenNight posted:

Why think when you have Google?

Okay Google. Set a timer for 18 minutes. Also, who the hell plays the Flash?

I was just being genuine :lol:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I thought this episode was a step up. Keep going guys :)

I can understand Mary working with the MoL until after she gets that nice hunter killed. I was shocked when referencing that episode, the first thing to come out of Dean's mouth was "Cas almost died" and then it was oh yeah, also that guy totally died. Plus, her stealing the colt and still not telling them was weird.

The episode structure was a bit strange as well, with Dean not showing up at all, until the end, but on the other hand, they didn't play to the expected and that was interesting.

I LOVE Father vampire. He was a great villain. He's up there in my favorites.

Sorry I was so grumpy last week. I was sick and I was home a lot and watched too much TV and interneted my snot-blowing hours away, and the townhouse next to me is being renovated down to the studs so it's like BANG BANG CHAINSAW PEOPLE-YELLING, Drop-a-refrigerator-down-the -stairs, levels of loud from 6AM until after dark. I was one sleep-deprived bitchy goon with a cold.

Anyone see Patroit? Death plays a regular business guy and his entire shtick is that he has THAT face. It was a little surreal after just calling him the best villain in 12 years. Poor guy! :lol:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I don't want to sound all mean and bitchy but this season does seem a little slapdash... It's not like I quit watching though :dance:

I kind of hope that the next and final season they just go buck wild. They need a huge new big-bad, which I have trouble contemplating since they've already done DEATH and the DARKNESS, which is basically the absence of all things, and all the other religious gods are pretty powered-down compared to Chuck and Sis.

I think the only place they have left to go is maybe the Anti-Christ. It would be dope if they brought back the same kid that disappeared after his only episode. He was genuinely a good-hearted kid though, so they'd have to make up a good reason for him to be dangerous. It could actually be ethically confusing if they did it right, but

I kinda hope for an entire closing season where every episode they just keep adding people to the team. It is ALWAYS more fun when there are more people in on it. DUH. More people in on it=more fun.

They can start with the regulars, Cas, Mom, Crowley, Rowena, the local angels, local demons, the Men of Letters

Then as the episodes progress, through a storyline with a separate case each week, of course, they can start to add on random previous extras, like Dean's almost-wife and kid, Patrick, the 1000 year old poker player man, Robert Picardo the Fairie, the Fish Taco (did she die? I actually forgot) all the other "morally ambiguous bad guys" that didn't die in their episodes.

Then other people like both the lady sheriffs and their daughters and Tiger Mom.

Then slowly they can figure out a reason to start bringing back dead people. I mean it's supernatural, so what the hell. They can start adding on Bobby and Rufus and Jo and her mom and Kevin and mean Mitch Pileggi grandpa, and the gay hunter dudes (wait, move those up to alive people), and all the random hunters that had one episode of teaming up with the Winchesters and then died.

Then they could add Father Vampire and Jewel-Staite the veggie vampire, and all the imaginary friend monsters, and naked huggy cupid, and even get so desperate they start adding Matt Frewer as Pestilence, some of the "dead"angels like Anna and and Tamoh Penikett, Reaper Tessa, Gabriel, and the Greek Fate, and then as a final straw DEATH, who is always a keen thing to watch.

And they could keep the group shots to a minimum at the end of each episode (all shot at once in the bunker) Tell me that interactions between all these folks wouldn't be the funniest, coolest thing ever?

And then finally Jeffrey Dean Morgan and the original yellow eyes both come back on the Winchester team and there's a slow-mo shot of all 40 people walking toward the camera and they just kick the living poo poo out of the bad guy in every possible way for 20 minutes.

and then I guess Chuck comes down and tells them they can all rest now, because he's grown a conscience and killed all the monsters instead of letting good people die for no reason all the time. The end.

So, a more emotional approach might be better, but this is what I want in my heart. :laffo:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Haha. How long do you think it's going to go?

I know that they're worried about the nephalim(?), but a baby is a bit less scary than a teenager, unless they age it right up, Amara style, and contradict their own previous episode where that kid grew at a normal pace.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Dean's "kid" and girl are still alive. If you're naming dead people?

I was a little confused that they chose to kill the deaf lady in a weird CGI mainly off-screen death so everyone could just be KINDA sad.? She was the most awesome extra hunter since Bobby. She was a better character than Charlie. No sexual attachments - even more built in rage... Nope BOOP Off-screen KILLTIME.

Garth''s still alive and though i personally love DJ QUALLS, I'm fairly sure that it's just a reason to be able to bring back DJ Qualls. Boop

Weirdly, I didn't see that much weirdness in the angel STOMP building up to screw the warding on the boat. There are so many things that irritate me, but the angels doing a stomp that was messing with the wards with a sweet soundtrack, I didn't find that weird or out of character for the show. I liked it~ :P Demons and ghosts have both been screwing with wards for the whole show.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Angry Pie posted:

I absolutely loved Eileen and I was actually IRL angry for a couple days after they killed her off. I mean god knows I understand characters get killed off, especially in this show, but the fact that they killed a deaf character with an invisible loving monster is frankly just gross. Also, I can't remember if I read it here or somewhere else but someone pointed out that her only "voice" in that episode was a letter, read out loud by a man, in which she puts herself down for being girly. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile how much I love this show with how problematic it can be.

The way they killed off Eileen - it definitely felt more like they couldn't or wouldn't bring the actress back than something that they actually wanted to do. I j was doing a re-watch and I got to the episode where she dies, and the bizarre ragdoll-invisible monster death that they give her is so weird and not in the show's character at all. It just looks crazy. I think the stunt-lady probably came out with some seriously bruised forearms from punching the ground like a crazy person and some whiplash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTcz6vIf3AE

Eh please tell me immediately if I can't link that. It's been awhile.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Wow, there is a significant drop-off in post-per-week quotient, pretty sure, since I haven't been on here in a month or two. BUT:

Xealot posted:

She's the Dean of the show, definitely. But they have like 5 significant characters, so there's always the option.

THIS specifically has been irritating me in all of the recaps or judgements or whatever you want to call anyone who talks about supernatural anymore. There is literally nothing the same about Dean and Claire. I LOVE this show (as much as you can still love it and be irritated at the last 15+ episode decline) and I HATE CLAIRE.

There are numerous sensible reasons for her to be the annoying shitbag that she is, but it's not FUN ANYMORE. She's literally the worst person out of all 6 girls that were left in this episode.

Jodi has been fleshed out beautifully and is awesome.
Donna is a loveable dork!
Older sister had a pretty good story and still acts within those boundaries and is an acceptable backup and does what she does
The Psychic chick is new at this but just drove cross country to save a life, and I like her actress
Kaia is understandably reluctant but give her like 2 more episodes before you draw a conclusion..(lol)
Claire is ALWAYS A PAIN IN THE rear end. PLEASE KILL HER.

And they're intending to build a show around Claire and her diary?? Good luck. They should have kept Kaia, made a diary for Jodi (or the oldest daughter .. yeah I can't remember her name, is it that obvious?) and killed Claire in this episode and had Mirror Clair come back as a bad guy. It would have had a lot more meaning for mirror Claire to be fighting half the rest of the cast than for Mirror Kaia who everyone met like a minute ago?? Even mirror Charlie was more compelling in arguable one of the worst episodes ever.

Plus there are the genuinely dumbassary moments of the episode. I REALLY love seeing all chicks mount up! Because both all team-ups and specifically my gender team ups are cool, but wow, such bad scenes in general, and then:

#1 Claire and Kaiya find the boys in 1 minute from the space-crack when they've been looking for days?? It's just BAD WRITING
#2 They stand around in front of the quickly-closing way to go home for like a solid minute, for no reason!, long enough to get someone killed? This is spectacular bad writing and editing.
#3 I have read some other forums and stuff, but nobody seemed to be even chuffed that they just left her body there when it was like 3 feet from the butt-crack, and they spent like 10 times more time watching her get killed then it would have taken them to bring her body home. It just felt really gross and out of character and out of universe in the way they have created it.

Honestly, it might not seem like it, but this is a show I really wait for all week still, but I have been constantly disappointed in the writing of the last ~20 episodes. There's just a *factor* missing. It doesn't mean that I hate it. I'm just disappointed every week?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

STAC Goat posted:

I understand the Dean comparisons, but I just don't really agree with them. Yeah, she's a snarky rude rear end who jumps into fights without thinking and doesn't want to settle down. Which she's been for awhile well before this episode. But she actually listened to Jody and stayed behind, she bonded with Kaia, she felt her failure/loss more than Dean has most random people he just met, and she opted to stay home. Some of that stuff took a decade for Dean to learn and he still isn't too consistent about it.

Like, there's obvious tonal similarities with them and to a certain extent that's to be expected given it was Supernatural writers writing a Supernatural episode (and specifically trying to make it FEEL like a Supernatural episode after that Bloodlines debacle). if it gets picked up to series it will have its own writing team and given time Claire has a shot to become a fully formed character of her own.

Its funny that I can disagree with you entirely and still hate the comparisons. Dean was always a hot-head, but name more than 2 times in 200 episodes where he genuinely put himself in knowing danger by being a too-fast-dick. (hot-head lol).

Like I said, I think Claire is just a huge annoying dumbass wet blanket, and if they're trying to base a new show off of her, they've already lost. I give it 13 episodes max.

Maybe it's because I am slowly becoming an older lady but Claire really was the least interesting of all 6 women (and I had no idea about any of those other things that the actress was in.. she just sucks)

Was it just me, or did they stop putting the fat pads on Donna in this last episode? Also, drat Facebook Aunt], those are some sexy pictures of these two ladies who aren't even very old lol!! :black101:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Rocksicles posted:

Why do you hate America?

LOL you're killin' me. Craigy is my besty. I CRIED his last night on tv.

But I am, in then end,

A girl.

:lol:

CraigyFerg would have HATED CLAIRE. Why do you hate Craigyferg?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Rocksicles posted:

I'm English, we have history.

Hah right on. Have a good (claire-free) night. :black101:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I know it's pretty lame to keep saying "I wish it was THIS", but I kind of KNEW it was Kaila from the beginning just from her size and shape and how she moved, but I kept wishing the whole time that they would be bold enough to kill Claire and make it a Claire clone, because that would have so much more impact in the future. Claire has background with all the other ladies and Kaia was basically brand new. They could have kept real Kaia and only killed real-Claire, and there would have been lots of baggage to work with and also a cool new actress on the team. Instead we have whiny-rear end real Claire and a villain that everyone met for what, .. a day?

Plus I HATE Claire. I don't know if I'm the real intended audience since I'm old as balls, but I can't help but guess. Tons of girls watch Supernatural. We're probably older than the average CW viewer because it's been on for so drat long. Changing (making a new) the show to all women and focusing on the least popular girl with women, seems like a straight up bad choice. Go ahead though CW and prove me wrong, but I'll be watching for Jody and Donna. As soon as it's all Claire and Alex, I'm done.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

STAC Goat posted:

Love or hate Claire she's the one with the most background and poo poo that's happened to her and is the only one of the bunch that fits the basic "hunter" type. Jody and Donna hunt but they also maintain lives and jobs and Jody's priority is her family and helping "wayward" girls. Claire's got an insane backstory of trauma and horrible poo poo happening to her, which is also why I don't really hate her for being so damaged and assholey. I'd probably be a dick too if I had been through half that stuff.

The idea of Jody's home of girls victimized by the monster world is a more compelling different idea, but I think it makes sense that you kind of need a Claire to give the show some forward momentum. Someone as to be the person recklessly jumping into dangerous situations and driving the action.

That all makes complete sense and is probably exactly what everyone in charge was thinking.

But they needed a LEAD that people like. Like all shows, I'll give it at least 6 to 12 episodes because I'm a bizarrely fair person with lots of TV time to use up, but I'd be shocked if they managed to make her a sympathetic or leading lady within that time. She doesn't have "it" like Dean. Like always, good luck, but I'm not psyched.

She's no Grant Gustin.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

One of the weaker season finales, I thought.

I called it as soon as Dean went into his retirement speech, but it didn't help that pretty much everywhere was a big article titled something like JENSEN OPENING UP ON PLAYING NEW CHARACTER.

The 80s freeze frame was just an odd choice to end on.

Still, I'll be tuning in for s14 as well.

Hell, I'll be tuning in for s33 if it's still on the air. gently caress it, beat the simpsons, just have Sam and Dean fighting monsters in the retirement home.

I have been very wishy-washy on this whole season. For some reason, it just felt like the boys were just phoning in every scene and didn't care (I'm NOT that picky, it was just weak!). I liked the IDEA of jack, but Dean was overly mean, then he went away, and it was all very disjointed. but not having any clue ahead of time, the DEAN AS ULTIMATE BAD GUY!!!! thing kind of got me excited so I have happy thoughts.

That freeze frame was weird :(

Wayward sisters thoughts... I feel justified about how much I bitched last year about Clair being literally the last girl out of all 6 to base a series off of. Apparently she was as disliked as I felt she was. I felt a little bitchy at the time. If they WERE to make a girl spinoff, it would have to immediately have a different vibe and probably a different musical background to really distinguish it, and my vote would be the older ladies and some sweet sweet 80's/90's music. Let's cut off some vampire heads to Peter Shilling . Drifting, Floating, Coming Coming HOME!!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Eww gross, they're going to have to spend screen-time fixing the continuity barf that would have been oisters.

Look, I'm not a fangirl or "guy"; I just like the show. I also think that Dean is quite obviously the hero, and Sam is the other guy.

The Leviathan season was still on average a better show than the next two seasons. Mark peregrine wasn't THAT GREAT past the original "the devil is an okay guy with this own motives and needs your OK to take your body". After that, he was a loser clown. for like 6 seasons.

Check the first death episode with Dean in the Pizza diner. That is what actual scariness looks like.

Agree/Disagree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Facebook Aunt posted:

That scene was awesome. Death stayed pretty cool too. He's not a villain or a hero, he doesn't care about destroying the world or saving it. All he wants is for everyone to stop poking at the foundations of reality. Then we can all enjoy junk food and wait for the inevitable march of entropy to end things.

Death's portrayal reminded me in an odd way of "that super old but young guy from Trublood" who gets his scene where he is about to meet the sun from that stupid cult and he has this one line "I am older than your Jesus" and it's just plain truth, and serene, and a big fat DUH. Death says basically the same thing. I have been here forever, and I the things that you know are just blips. Have some deep dish pizza.

Fadder, Brooder, Soon. Pizza.

But also, it was Dean's expressions that entirely sold that scene.