Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i do have to thank the steam curators for convincing me to not drop 20 bux on wasteland 2 tho

"An excellent RPG despite its glitches" is a big fat alarm bell because i know from experience that rpg nerds will tolerate all sorts of bugs so if it has to be mentioned up front it's gonna be like whoops gently caress your save! level of glitchiness. so good work steam, you saved me money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
My Steam is stuck in Finnish for some reason.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i do have to thank the steam curators for convincing me to not drop 20 bux on wasteland 2 tho

"An excellent RPG despite its glitches" is a big fat alarm bell because i know from experience that rpg nerds will tolerate all sorts of bugs so if it has to be mentioned up front it's gonna be like whoops gently caress your save! level of glitchiness. so good work steam, you saved me money.

Okay if you're not willing to tolerate bugs to play a cool game you are definitely not a true gamer, smdh.

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I dont think i've run into a glitch in that game, but ya new steam whats up with that?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Thug Lessons posted:

Okay if you're not willing to tolerate bugs to play a cool game you are definitely not a true gamer, smdh.

no sir, i demand perfection right off the production line. my time is too valuable for anything less.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Is there a curator that just blocks all the early access horseshit

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

here are your gaming tastemakers please follow them to know what a good game is

to his credit, totalbiscuit is pretty drat cynical because he looks at his bloody shits and needs to be convinced that there's something wrong with that

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thug Lessons posted:

My Steam is stuck in Finnish for some reason.

same but romanian

its rly annyoing

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I like everything except the curators. Maybe it can be adblocked or something? It would be one thing if you could just choose ones you like but now I have to be reminded that Jimquisition, Total Biscuit, and PC Master Race meme exist on the internetevery time I browse poo poo I'm not going to buy anyway. It just gets me so hopping mad.

The blue is nice though. Fair tradeoff.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
we need some impraters

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I bought final fantasy 13 just now and was helpfully reminded that lightning waifu is finally coming to steam. A+

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Cyra posted:

I bought final fantasy 13 just now and was helpfully reminded that lightning waifu is finally coming to steam. A+

I like how Steam Enhanced tells you "No 10% off is a total rip-off, it's 10 bucks over here." Steam should add that.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

here are your gaming tastemakers please follow them to know what a good game is

Jim Stirling looks like this loving guy from Beetlejuice.

Also, Steam seriously needs to add TABBED loving BROWSING and a way to differentiate Early Access garbage from real games in the listings without having to open the game's main page.

metricchip fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 24, 2014

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

koolkal posted:

we need some impraters

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IMP_ZONE#curation

If you're already a member, start curating.

Remember to follow as well!

Edit: here's a good one as well:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hotanimeladies#curation

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 24, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

So can you like

Hide all games recommended by selected curators

That would be good

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why is everyone on Phil Fish's case again.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6855993/?appid=72850

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hmm. There's some good games in here.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Why is everyone on Phil Fish's case again.

He stood up for Zoe Quinn

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
looking at the steam forums it seems like the reaction to this change is overwhelmingly negative, curators in particular.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Concordat posted:

looking at the steam forums it seems like the reaction to this change is overwhelmingly negative, curators in particular.

Well...we reached that comparison rather fast.

Slur fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 24, 2014

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
gonna curate some more games today.

i hope nobody minds my reviews for putt putt and cogs, i feel they are very appropriate reading for future game owners perhaps interested in a little double AA gaming

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

whoever runs the kotaku one actually seems surprisingly okay, but i agree with whoever said earlier that theyd prefer not to be reminded of the existence of totalbiscuit and other internet celebrities

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Is Bob Chipman on that list somewhere

Because if so I will probably delete my entire steam account and then take my life with a rusty pen

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Wormskull posted:

That joke blows AIDS-filled nuts.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EightFlyingCars posted:

He stood up for Zoe Quinn

So what.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like the Bill Clinton curator.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

whoever runs the kotaku one actually seems surprisingly okay, but i agree with whoever said earlier that theyd prefer not to be reminded of the existence of totalbiscuit and other internet celebrities

Uhhhh, the Cynical Brit is awesome.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wormskull posted:

no wormskull. not you. not like this

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

It really burns my britches that cynbrit is the most followed when the greatest vidgame historian demoniusx is unknown, he knows what games are good

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

help im being trolled

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

It really burns my britches that cynbrit is the most followed when the greatest vidgame historian demoniusx is unknown, he knows what games are good

As much as I like the Cynical Brit, I have to intend to agree.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Why can't I choose not to see any curator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
A smarter storefront,
Personalized just for you
The Steam Discovery Update makes it easier to find exactly what you want when shopping for a new game experience. New features and functionality allows you to browse in new and customizable ways to help you find your next favorite game.
Learn more about this update

• Locked thread