Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Benard Pierce or Shonn Greene for RoS?

A Tale of Two Poos

Bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013

Yuck. I think I'd have to lean towards Shonn Green over Pierce ROS. The Ravens backfield is way too muddled for my taste.

Standard Scoring, no ppr:
Asiata vs Atlanta
or
Pierre Thomas vs Dallas?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Pick two, non-PPR.

Andre Johnson vs BUF
Cordarrelle Patterson vs ATL
Markus Wheaton vs TB

Leaning Johnson and Patterson, but the Bucs D is so bad, I'm thinking about putting in Wheaton...

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Axl Rose posted:

Yuck. I think I'd have to lean towards Shonn Green over Pierce ROS. The Ravens backfield is way too muddled for my taste.

Asiata vs Atlanta
or
Pierre Thomas vs Dallas?

I noticed Moreno was available and picked him up instead. I think that is the least worst of the three for RoS.

Asiata.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Mr Gentleman posted:

khiry robinson @ dallas or ty hilton v tennessee?

0.5 ppr

leaning khiry

Tough call, Luck is one of those QBs that spreads the love between like 8 receivers and NO loves their RB committee, I know they mentioned Khiry getting goal-line opportunities and I imagine there will be some against Dallas. I'd probably go with Khiry.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Pick 2

Brandon Marshall vs GB (duh?)
Brandin Cooks @ DAL
Keenan Allen vs JAX

Currently going with the Brandons but thinking if there was any week to give Allen one last shot it'd be this one.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
Having trouble picking an RB1\2 this week. I currently have Sproles and Bradshaw starting with Lacy on my bench due to his performance this season so far. However Lacy does have a favorable matchup against Chicago and Sproles plays the 49ers in San Fran. Scoring is standard ESPN non ppr

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Stafford vs. Jets or Rivers vs. Jaguars?

Also am I crazy for thinking Delanie Walker (assuming he plays) might be a sneaky flex play with Locker out?

Axl Rose posted:

Asiata vs Atlanta
or
Pierre Thomas vs Dallas?
Pretty close, but I have to lean towards Thomas. He'll get fewer touches than Asiata, but he's got a better chance of making them count.

Dale Meets Wall posted:

Having trouble picking an RB1\2 this week. I currently have Sproles and Bradshaw starting with Lacy on my bench due to his performance this season so far. However Lacy does have a favorable matchup against Chicago and Sproles plays the 49ers in San Fran. Scoring is standard ESPN non ppr
Start Lacy and Bradshaw.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I feel like you guys may have discussed this at length already but,

With Charlie Whitehurst starting over Jake Locker vs the Colts, is it a fair assumption that Kendall Wright gets a bump in PPR value?

Assumptions are that Whitehurst will check it down a ton, and also there will be a lot of garbage time passing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mastershakeman posted:

.5 PPR yahoo scoring
Kendall Wright or Vjax
Luck or Ryan (i really need to trade one of these two, I keep picking the wrong one)

bumping for help

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Huge_Midget posted:

Yahoo standard league, 14 teams, 0 PPR.

Who to start in my WR/RB/TE flex?

Anquan Boldin vs PHI
Allen Hurns vs SD
Jordan Matthews vs SF

Bump, I really need a win today and this decision is killing me. Right now I'm leaning toward Boldin.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Santheb posted:

Pick 2

Brandon Marshall vs GB (duh?)
Brandin Cooks @ DAL
Keenan Allen vs JAX

Currently going with the Brandons but thinking if there was any week to give Allen one last shot it'd be this one.

Marshall and Allen. Marshall is a no brainer and JAX is terrible.

Huge_Midget fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 28, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

In a 10-person .5 ppr league and injuries and byes are killing me at RB. My flex options are Sankey, Evans, McKinnon, and Taliaferro. I also have both Martellus Bennett and Vernon Davis, so I might just start one of them in the flex instead, assuming Davis can play.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

bumping for help

I'd go with VJax simply because I'm starting him myself this week. Also start Luck because it's a division game and he punish hosed the Jags last week.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

^^I'd imagine Sankey getting some garbage time points. Don't see that one being close. If not and Davis plays, you gotta flex him. Oops meant this for the guy above the guy above me, R.D.

Huge_Midget posted:

Marshall and Allen. Marshall is a no brainier and JAX is terrible.

Yeah the only reason I listed him is because, as always, he's listed as questionable but I'm sure he'll play. Sat Cooks for Allen. Fingers crossed. Thanks man.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Brandin Cooks vs. Dal
Jeremy Maclin vs SF
Keenan Allen vs Jax

I have Alshon Jeffrey vs. GB on my bench and no flex slot in this league. I was leaning towards starting the top 3 but it's hard to bench Jeffrey.

Edit: Now on the verge on benching Cooks for Jeffrey.

cosmic gumbo fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 28, 2014

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BigFactory posted:

Pick two, .5 ppr:

D Sproles @ SF
T Williams v NO
S Watkins @ Hou
D Adams @ Chi

Bump? Leaning Sproles + Williams.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Brandin Cooks vs. Dal
Jeremy Maclin vs SF
Keenan Allen vs Jax

I have Alshon Jeffrey vs. GB on my bench and no flex slot in this league. I was leaning towards starting the top 3 but it's hard to bench Jeffrey.

Edit: Now on the verge on benching Cooks for Jeffrey.

Alshon is your brain-dead must-start.

Cooks, Maclin.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Bump? Leaning Sproles + Williams.

Agree

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Reggie Bush vs. Jets
Knile Davis vs. NE
PIerre Thomas vs. Dal (leaning here)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

PPR league, need to start 2 of these 3

Patterson (WR-MIN) vs atl
Spiller (RB-BUF) vs hou
Asiata (RB-MIN) vs atl

Feel like going with Spiller and Patterson, but 'everything' tells me Atlanta gives up a ton of running points

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Could use some bye week FLEX insight (standard Yahoo):

Chris Johnson vs Jets
Allen Robinson vs Jax

I think CJ?K is the better conservative play, since I already have the edge in this matchup. But I just dropped Wright for Robinson (which I instantly regretted once someone picked up Wright, but he was bench player barring two injuries) and feel like I need to justify my gamble..

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Reggie Died posted:

Could use some bye week FLEX insight (standard Yahoo):

Chris Johnson vs Jets
Allen Robinson vs Jax

I think CJ?K is the better conservative play, since I already have the edge in this matchup. But I just dropped Wright for Robinson (which I instantly regretted once someone picked up Wright, but he was bench player barring two injuries) and feel like I need to justify my gamble..

Isn't CJ against Det? Their line has been pretty good.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Harlock posted:

PPR league, need to start 2 of these 3

Patterson (WR-MIN) vs atl
Spiller (RB-BUF) vs hou
Asiata (RB-MIN) vs atl

Feel like going with Spiller and Patterson, but 'everything' tells me Atlanta gives up a ton of running points

I like Asiata a lot. I don't think the Ravens are good, I think the planets just aligned and the Bucs melted down.

I'm trying to figure out if I play
Asiata vs ATL or
Donald Brown vs JAX, though

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I have 6 dudes on bye this week and need to fill my flex spot. I have taliaferro there right now but would you do any of these guys instead?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

I feel like you guys may have discussed this at length already but,

With Charlie Whitehurst starting over Jake Locker vs the Colts, is it a fair assumption that Kendall Wright gets a bump in PPR value?

Assumptions are that Whitehurst will check it down a ton, and also there will be a lot of garbage time passing.

Whitehurst is probably the worst QB starting this week and that includes the rookies, EJ Manuel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, the list goes on. I wouldn't make too many assumptions about what's going to happen there. Indy also completely shut down arguably a more talented offense in Jacksonville with a QB in Henne who had at least shown some ability to be an NFL starter over the years.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

weekly font posted:

Isn't CJ against Det? Their line has been pretty good.

You are correct sir. Perhaps I was sub conciously thinking his biggest enemy is his coaches/snap counts. But yeah, je suis une idiot.

I'll start Robbinson.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
(Yahoo standard 0 ppr) Pick 2

Reggie Bush @ NYJ
Fred Jackson @ Hou
DeAngelo Williams @ Bal

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

20 team league. Bye week troubles..Foster is starting..who do you think is more likely to get some garbage runs?

Alfred Blue vs Bills
Lativius Murray vs Dolphins

:suicide:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Full point PPR: Need 2 RB and 1 Flex

LeGarrette Blount vs. TB
Shane Vereen vs. KC
Bishop Sankey @ Ind
Vincent Jackson @ Pit
Travis Kelce vs. NE

I need some dudes to go off. The fact that it's PPR makes me wanna get Vereen and Kelce in there, but I don't think I can sit VJax, as bad as he's been. DJax's Thursday turd really boned me. I think Blount's going to get some garbage time love against lovely Tampa. I also have a feeling Sankey gets significant garbage time love against Indy, but I can't really sit Vereen in PPR, can I? Uuuuuggggghhhhh.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
What is the better bet?

Calvin Johson vs NYJ
Cordalle Patterson vs ATL

Obviously Calvin is better but I'm terrified he isn't going to play alot of snaps/get hurt.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Play Megatron. If he's on the field, he's healthy enough to start.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Time posted:

I have 6 dudes on bye this week and need to fill my flex spot. I have taliaferro there right now but would you do any of these guys instead?

I know nothing is thrilling here but would sankey be a better play than taliaferro?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I can't decide on Reggie Bush against the Jets, Blount against TB or McFadden against Miami.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

DeepDickPizza posted:

Full point PPR: Need 2 RB and 1 Flex

LeGarrette Blount vs. TB
Shane Vereen vs. KC
Bishop Sankey @ Ind
Vincent Jackson @ Pit
Travis Kelce vs. NE

I need some dudes to go off. The fact that it's PPR makes me wanna get Vereen and Kelce in there, but I don't think I can sit VJax, as bad as he's been. DJax's Thursday turd really boned me. I think Blount's going to get some garbage time love against lovely Tampa. I also have a feeling Sankey gets significant garbage time love against Indy, but I can't really sit Vereen in PPR, can I? Uuuuuggggghhhhh.

Those look like the right calls to me, even though I would hate having to play blount.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Philip Rivers vs Jax
Jay Cuter vs GB

currently have Rivers in.. starting to second guess myself

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Cutty, baby. San Diego's gonna go up big early and hand that poo poo off all day.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Yahoo standard, pick one:

Matt Asiata vs Atlanta or Khiry Robinson @Dallas.

Currently leaning towards Khiry.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

DeepDickPizza posted:

Cutty, baby. San Diego's gonna go up big early and hand that poo poo off all day.

I agree with this. Rivers could have a huge day, or have a pedistrian 1TD, no picks, 250 yards or less type day. It's a gamble. Whereas you know you're going to get a lot of Cutler throwing all over the place against GB. Even if he does put up some picks he'll have enough passes down to guarantee some TDs and a lot of yards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
for Flex, 1ppr

Pierre Thomas vs DAL
Jordan Matthews vs SF

• Locked thread