Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
w00tz0r
Aug 10, 2006

I'm just so god damn happy.
My father has used it in his blackberry and raspberry wines, seems to work fairly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004
If for some reason that didn't work (it should) novozymes makes blends specifically for wine; difficult to find in reasonable quantities but if he makes a decent amount that may not be an issue

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Granpa yum do you know if there are enzymes for clarifying meat products? After all the work I did to clarify my meat stocks into consommé, it would be nice if I could just drip some enzyme in and watch it magically turn clear. People use bromelain salt to tenderize steaks, I wonder if it could also clarify a stock?

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Granpa yum do you know if there are enzymes for clarifying meat products? After all the work I did to clarify my meat stocks into consommé, it would be nice if I could just drip some enzyme in and watch it magically turn clear. People use bromelain salt to tenderize steaks, I wonder if it could also clarify a stock?

Enzymatically I am not familiar with anything. Methylcellulose can clarify stocks fairly quickly though

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

wheez the roux posted:

thread reminded me of this :lol: recipe from modernist cuisine at home that made me do a spit take when i first saw it

oh this seems simple enough, i'll definitely give it a shot

seems straightforward, now let's check how he does the consomme, can't be anything diffi- :stare:

:catstare:

gently caress you myhrvold

I made this without the centerfuged strawberries. It is delicious.

• Locked thread