Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I liked Jack and Linton when they were treated sympathetically :( it's been a long time since they showed up as anything other than gigantic idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

feetnotes posted:

I liked Jack and Linton when they were treated sympathetically :( it's been a long time since they showed up as anything other than gigantic idiots.

To be honest it gets increasingly difficult to stomach any of the characters in this comic as time goes on. Almost everyone has become more and more intolerable over the last few cases.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

feetnotes posted:

I'm sure once they get out the other side of puberty their brains will reengage.

Also Shauna. :allears: Of course she would have scanned literally everything if she had a scanner.

Although this is pre-wedding-disaster Shauna. :smith:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

punchymcpunch posted:

The Lottie floating head effects are the best thing ever.

No, THIS is the best thing ever:

Also, I think all the weird fairies are going to pour out through the rift and destroy the housing estate, in a searing social commentary on the effects of bad urban planning.
Either that, or the whole story will peter out unsatisfyingly. This is John Allison, so it could go either way.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

feetnotes posted:

Lottie, Shauna and Mildred tend to treat Jack and Linton as being much dumber than they actually are. Linton basically solved the time-travel traincrash mystery without trying.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Getting too unreliable as a narrator now, Lottie.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/badmachinery/status/758611722085228544
https://twitter.com/badmachinery/status/758613190951440384

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Stop, stop! Please, John.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Two weeks of the thread complaining about Desmond, its like Christmas came early.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Captain Oblivious posted:

To be honest it gets increasingly difficult to stomach any of the characters in this comic as time goes on. Almost everyone has become more and more intolerable over the last few cases.

Yup, that's teenagers.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
Does Shauna know this horse from somewhere? I don't remember seeing him before.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I don't know but in kindergarten we were exposed to the helpful advice of Patch the Pony, who warned us against getting into cars with strangers and is at least related to Gary the Horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1REeR9L83zE

Presumably, Shauna met Gary when she and Lottie documented the fairy creatures years ago?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Not going to lie, wouldn't mind the Wogun showing up right about now to hand out some chinnings

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Shauna, whacking things with sticks since 2000.

RingKing2
Aug 6, 2005
So this is why Lottie and Shauna aren't friends anymore I assume.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Hmm. Yeah, it does sound like this is leading to "give up the friendship between you two". But also remember that Lottie is telling this whole story, after the events of The Missing Piece.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ditocoaf posted:

Hmm. Yeah, it does sound like this is leading to "give up the friendship between you two". But also remember that Lottie is telling this whole story, after the events of The Missing Piece.

But doesn't the flashback take place before?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The whole thing can very well be nothing more than a big fib on Lottie's part.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Cat Mattress posted:

The whole thing can very well be nothing more than a big fib on Lottie's part.

"... and that's why me and Shauna don't hang out together any more!"

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

"... and that's why me and Shauna don't hang out together any more!"

That's what I was going for. Maybe not the whole thing made up, but I could totally see someone telling a story that takes place near the end of an important friendship and dropping in rationalizations for why they grew apart.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm guessing that the Green Man is bullshitting and their friendship can't save their pocket reality, he's just taking it as a 'gently caress you'.

It's the One More Day of the Bobbinsverse.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Or maybe it's just Lottie logicking away why they've drifted apart because she can't understand it in any other way.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I forget, are we back to bad machinery after a dose of desmond? Or some other feature?

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

feetnotes posted:

I forget, are we back to bad machinery after a dose of desmond? Or some other feature?

Yep, couple of weeks of a quite different Desmond is what he said and then a new bad Machinery case beginning of September.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's sickening how he can threaten us with Desmond like that. It's like your dad has some scary mask that terrifies toddler-you and he just breaks it out whenever he feels like it. Hypothetically.

i hate you dad

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I could stomach another encounter with Desmond if it ends with Moon and Earnest coming back.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
A brief mispost on Facebook suggests we'll see Little Claire's influence at play.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Scaramouche posted:

It's sickening how he can threaten us with Desmond like that. It's like your dad has some scary mask that terrifies toddler-you and he just breaks it out whenever he feels like it. Hypothetically.

i hate you dad

Someone needs to do a Desmond edit of Goofy Time.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Shauna's dialogue in the last panel of today's strip is basically JA pulling an X JAKK:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Allison's Power Pack story in Civil War 2: Choosing Sides #4 felt extremely John Allison. Which on the one hand was strange to see in a Marvel book, and on the other was quite rad.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

howe_sam posted:

Allison's Power Pack story in Civil War 2: Choosing Sides #4 felt extremely John Allison. Which on the one hand was strange to see in a Marvel book, and on the other was quite rad.

JA is writing for Marvel???

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

His radical reimagining of Death's Head II can't be too far behind!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

quote:

THE CASE OF THE SEVERED ALLIANCE kicks in on September 5th.

:dance:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I have a terrible feeling that Little Claire is referring to Desmond in today's. Lottie met him when she was young, didn't she.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Dabir posted:

I have a terrible feeling that Little Claire is referring to Desmond in today's. Lottie met him when she was young, didn't she.
Yep, Shauna showed her Des because Lottie didn't believe her.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Dabir posted:

That is the truth, yes. I also recall this to be the storyline in which Shauna was introduced; she's come such a long way from being a side character in a Desmond-centric storyline.

Also while looking for that comic I found this one, in which Ryan can't read a digital clock.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UdMmpbN1E

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Imagine having a giant Desmond Fishman plushy. Just sitting there in your room. Staring at you.

Watching you while you sleep.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Autonomous Monster posted:

Imagine having a giant Desmond Fishman plushy. Just sitting there in your room. Staring at you.

At least it's not Eggo, or whatever that nightmare's name was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Autonomous Monster posted:

Why, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at...

...all.

So THAT'S how he gets so much work done!

• Locked thread