Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Hey y'all. We just completed the promo for our new cyberpunk noir:

The film is here.

The story: in the year 2009, a drug-addicted assassin is offered one last mission by his old government employer. The reward? A resurrected, cybernetic clone of his dead lover Valerie, who's haunted his dreams for years.

A straight-up homage to 1980s science fiction thrillers, shot illegally on the streets of Los Angeles and powered by a classic synth score. I hope you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013
Not bad.

IMO, it needed a LOT more hard neon lighting, and I'd like to see a faster cut of it.

Also, it couldn't have hurt for the main character's hero gun to have a bit of chrome and a chunky 80s laser sight on it (rather than just being a generic SIG Sauer) and for every character in it to be a chain smoker, but it's a neat little concept, and these are just minor criticisms.

Is there more to come?

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Thanks for the critique. It was shot only as promotional material for a feature film, so luxuries like lighting, expensive props, dollies, more than one lens, etc, were for the most part denied us, and we made due with what we had.

The plan is now to do the standard running around raising funds for the full project.

Romeo Reborn
Aug 19, 2014

by Ion Helmet
You know what isn't short?

[ There was a bad image of a cock here ]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 15, 2014

• Locked thread