Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
...Nathan Fillin'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CapnAndy posted:

Man, I know that every now and again Castle likes to pretend it's a Serious Conspiracy Drama and we all just have to pat it on its stupid head and wait for it to get it out of its system, but God that was dull.

I know, right? I kept waiting for Castle to admit he'd staged the whole thing as a poorly-concieved romantic "find your future husband" scavenger hunt.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Man that sure was some greenscreen, wasn't it? They must have blown their whole budget on ancient dimensional travel devices.

Best episode of Castle in ages. As others have noted in this thread, the series is at its most fun when it embraces the weirdness it occasionally toys with.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

GreenNight posted:

I was waiting for him to ask her back in the real world about how she first met him waiting in line for one of his books.

This, I was hoping he'd do that as soon as he woke up. But of course they won't have him do that in order to preserve the "was it all a dream?" ambiguity.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
As far as I'm concerned, this is a great way to reboot the series. I don't really want Castle to go back to the NYPD any time soon; the potential for fun and hijinks is too great and it feels like the show is young again.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Hah! The bit where Castle is sharpening pencils while he's on the phone with Beckett is a hat-tip to the X-Files, which had Mulder doing that while on the phone with Scully for an entire episode while he pretends to be busy doing exciting things because he can't work the case with her. The last shot of the episode is her looking up at the ceiling and seeing all the pencils stuck in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Blazing Ownager posted:

Her name always drove me nuts because the only other thing I saw her on was DS9 as Cassidy Yates, which sounds a lot like Gates. Too bad she doesn't even have an exit episode?

All this time I never realized it was her! I should have, she doesn't look that different and I totally recognize the voice now.

• Locked thread