Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Andorra posted:

Their voices will echo off the tiles!

Wasn't there, like, 7 minutes left when he said that? How did they get there so fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

It's one thing if it was some vague deadline they were trying to beat. I know a lot of shows take liberty with traveling distances, but when you're dealing with an actual ticking clock, the writers should be a bit more cognizant of these things.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

direspoon posted:

Wasn't Netslayer the third character revealed after the boyfriend and the acupuncturist? It'd be changing up the formula, but he was still the third! Not counting behind-the-scenes camera phone guy, who I also suspected immediately.

The cop.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

AA is for Quitters posted:

Do you really need to spoil that? I forgot that was this episode, but dude, it's been all over the promos on ABC for WEEKS.

I haven't seen it.I don't really care, but I can assure you that not everyone has seen it.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

The book cover was inspired by Infinite Jest:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Jest

Not sure what they were implying with that.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

So are we never going to find out what happened to Castle?

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Mymla posted:

I wonder exactly how illegal it is for castle to impersonate Ryan like that.

Castle would probably get a slap on the wrist, but I imagine anyone else would be in deep poo poo if they got caught doing that.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Cell phones are such a pain in the rear end for writers.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

I'm glad this storyline ended here. About half way through the episode, I was dreading that they would somehow find a way to escape. It had a good run. I guess next up is the "missing Castle" plot.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Andorra posted:

This was a great episode, especially seeing Ryan and Esposito dancing, but I don't like how often this show does the whole "This guy has an alibi so he can't be the killer. Just kidding! His alibi was lying!" shtick. To me it just feels cheap and lazy on the writer's part.

I prefer that to "Hey the killer got half a second of screen time earlier in the episode. Remember him/her?"

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Huh. I actually kind of liked how they resolved that storyline. I didn't expect that.

Although I have a feeling that they didn't have the full story fleshed out when they filled in some of the clues in the first few episodes of the season. And since they couldn't come up with answers to everything, they just had Castle say, "Well, I guess I won't know everything*, but I know enough."

*including why he was shot!

Tide posted:

If someone could do an episode recap, I would appreciate it. I am moving tomorrow and all our TVs are in boxes

Short version: Castle was abducted by the CIA because they needed him to rendezvous with an Al Qaeda operative that he went to prep school with.

TheAngryDrunk fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 21, 2015

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Oceanic Air!

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

10 Beers posted:

This was a fun episode! My only nitpick was the whole "The real watch is auto wind, but this watch has a knob, so it's fake!" Uhhhh, the knob is there to set the time, man.

Yeah, they needed a quick way for Castle to identify the watch as fake.

As if someone would fake a $13 million watch and miss out on such a detail like the knob.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Tide posted:

Didn't...they already have a murder at a TV show? A soap opera and maybe a news station or something?

Soap Opera and also a Late Night talk show.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Andorra posted:

Wasn't there another episode that had a song out of nowhere like this?

I don't know about Castle, but the show Las Vegas used to do it all the time.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

GreenNight posted:

Supposedly season 8 is much more Castle PI than anything else.

I thought he was reinstated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Hijinks Ensue posted:

S8 thread is up. It includes speculation based on the promo.

And here it is: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742066

• Locked thread