Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

jeff should quit and join dan's new podcast. maybe get ben too

Cloth Map will have some exciting news to share in the days ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Goodbye, old friend

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jeff Bakalar finally joins Giant Bomb officially

the rest of the beastcast immediately bails to spite him

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mp5 posted:

Jeff Bakalar finally joins Giant Bomb officially

the rest of the beastcast immediately bails to spite him

yeah wtf lol, what is he gonna do now

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Jeff and Rorie sitting in an empty studio

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah wtf lol, what is he gonna do now

the beastcast is now 90 minutes of bakalar reading emails about birthday parties and roasting cardboard cutouts of alex and vinny

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

Jeff and Rorie sitting in an empty studio

Jeff will spend the next six months doing garage streams twice weekly, on a quest to locate the rest of his Jack In The Box "Jack's Back" merch

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/FthazkI4mBE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
rorie sitting at a desk barefoot in an empty office forgotten still making enough to live in san francisco for the rest of time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8 hour livestream of Jeff grinding Call of Duty season passes while Rorie cuts his own hair. That'll be 9.95 a month

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

elf help book posted:

rorie sitting at a desk barefoot in an empty office forgotten still making enough to live in san francisco for the rest of time

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

RIP

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
loling @ the people in the other thread that didn't see the end of GB coming.

Stop doomsaying, you guys! GB is the best it has ever been.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fame Douglas posted:

go away freak

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fame Douglas posted:

dont click on this forum

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fame Douglas posted:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Big loving RIP

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

gently caress you!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/hoeglaw/status/1389648500124790788?s=21

I’m just really curious to see where things can go at this point. Their new parent company has been opening new positions at Gamespot for the last few months, but none at GB (even after Abby and Ben left) and that doesn’t seem like a good sign

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ironically this might get me to reup just to grab some videos

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ironically this might get me to reup just to grab some videos

I’d definitely recommend downloading any videos/articles from their site you’d want to rewatch later on because Red Ventures doesn’t seem like they’d bother to maintain an archive of GB content (if it came to that)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Their new parent company has been opening new positions at Gamespot for the last few months
apparently a bunch of people left gamespot in recent weeks, and at least one of their international offices didn't survive the pandemic

doesn't bode well tbh

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

gonna really miss the beastcast most out of all this

i hope alex and vinny stick together but i wouldnt be surprised if vinny just finds a way to retire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beastcast is the only gb stuff I've Consumed in the past year or two so that's sad. But red ventures seems like it would be a monstrously lovely Corp to work for so I hope they find better poo poo to do with their lives now

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

It's a crime that Beastcast is dead while Smosh Gaming thrives

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Aww, did the white cismale website go bye-bye? And this is making the Gamers(tm) sad? Oh noes

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I could listen to or watch Vinny do anything so ill follow him wherever he goes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Rip even more now

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Aww, did the white cismale website go bye-bye? And this is making the Gamers(tm) sad? Oh noes

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jNkAAM9gU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope they recover or reform somehow, but this is really grim news. sucks rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if Vinny just disappears tbh. He's talked before about how he doesn't want to be a 60 year old man still talking about Sonic or whatever

Also here's this old rear end best of vinny video doing what he did best: loving around in videogames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6A_rBEbQrc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah i cant imagine them coming back from this. theyre bleeding people and red ventures seems like they just bought them to squeeze out every penny and then quietly kill them off. i just hope everyone lands on their feet eventually

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
venture capital strikes again. the last year or so was kinda mediocre, but GB doesn't deserve this. rip them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Vinny just disappears tbh. He's talked before about how he doesn't want to be a 60 year old man still talking about Sonic or whatever

Also here's this old rear end best of vinny video doing what he did best: loving around in videogames

lmfao

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I think it is fairly likely that they end up somewhere fine, maybe even together. Jeff is going to stick around because they had a longer buyout period for senior managers and he has a kid on the way.

these guys have deep connections. please remember that there is a company willing to pay patrick klepek 100k for what he does.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

god. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/boodooperson/status/1169435792042799104?s=21