Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

one day dan is going to tell a story about how he watched a man choke to death on a mint candy but he would have lived if he wished for it hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Yet another Bad Move by Dan Ryckert

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

there should be a mr rykert story generator.

Put cheez whiz in a pressurized paint injector thinking it would let him eat cheez whiz .5 seconds faster than he does on his own and got shot with high-pressure cheez product and is now infused throughout his body with the stuff.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dan will not drink any tea unless it is macho tea from a wwe tea product line

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

"this isn't chamomile, that's for sissies. this is official wwe brand '3 count on the mat' unwater. it relaxes you and helps you sleep"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dan calls sausages "fancy hot dogs"

i bet i could rock a game of mario 3 while rolling coaster.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm surprised he didn't kill himself by drinking seawater while telling all the Californians around him what the hell is wrong with you look at all this water stop having a drought

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Machai posted:

Dan was roofied by his mother in 2007

my dad got laser eye surgery around about the time i first got my driver's license. he drove me all the way from northern va to baltimore where the surgery was happening because he needed someone to drive him back because laser surgery is literally someone using a laser like a scalpel to cut the top layer of your eye open and there was no way he could drive back in that condition. this was my very first time driving on a highway and it was the dc beltway and i was terrified and my dad just sat in the passenger seat, a cloth over his eyes, head tilted up, sedated. dan thought he could drive to a college kegger in that condition and his mother slipped a date rape drug in his dinner to keep him from killing himself.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

also his eyes were originally hosed up because he insisted on wearing prescription glasses over his perfectly good eyes because he thought it would make him smarter.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Cyra posted:

why does everyone know so much about this dan guy

i'm collecting intel shadows of mordor style so i know his weaknesses when i go in for the kill.

this week i learned his fear of hippies.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

drugs are illegal

alcohol is not illegal

therefor, not a drug. pretty simple.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

just be glad the pam didn't explode in his face when he sprayed it onto the lit stove.

that was my favorite moment and i was really hoping for a fireball

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Dan Ryckert is going to die homeless on the street.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i like when dan saw schwarzenegger in the terminator trailer he actually did a fistpump

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dan's okay and i respect his strong pro-nintendo stance but he doesn't know poo poo about pc games and i think that hurts his ability to contribute to discussions

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

pontification is a good insufferable word for that ithink

just saying it makes me feel like i deserve to be punched

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ryan was funny and good and it really is a pity he is not with us as he would have some things to say about games today.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

seriously i am listening to a bombcast now and it's just a wasteland of silence from dan while they talk about a pc games. he is cool but he needs to be able to hold court on topics that aren't wrestling, console games and "crazy dan thing of the week"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i think dan should do a feature where he plays all the classic pc games he missed out on, on account of being a console baby

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jeff stares into his desk drawer full of knives and dreams of death

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

death death death death

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you brave gamers show great courage, going to a website where you risk seeing an internet man whose words you don't like. i salute u.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

The guys who do stuff for Doug Walker's Guy with the Glasses site, Spoony was among them I think.

who

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i think matt rorie has a good sense of humor that he does not trot out that often, but when he does it is pretty good, but he is, i don't know, kind of awkward. sometimes i wish he would just ignore chat because the way he constantly refers to what's going on there is a bummer, especially when he's the only one in the room other than jeff

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

holy poo poo seriously brad what happened to u

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

they say giantbomb is about videogames but really it's about watching grown men's bodies degenerate.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

madeupfred posted:

Who the gently caress is BAKOON? The guy blocked me on Twitter and I've literally never interacted with him in my life.

i don't know but i thought he wrote his list in a way that was funny, so he's okay to me.

same with jenn franks, idk who she is but she wrote funny things.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

patrick is an self-absorbed writer who cares about games too much, but i still watched and enjoyed most spooking with scoops and i won't back down on that. also i'll take him in a quicklook over brad any day.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Verisimilidude posted:

I'm listening to Brad defend Destiny and he's been doing it for maybe an hour now and he really sounds like a baby.

he is, and after he fattens up some more, his transformation will be complete.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jeff will burn down the office before there's another mario party stream

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

Alex is alright but he had a bad habit of saying "So here's a thing" in Quick Looks which kinda grated on me.

*vinny makes a cool joke at the game's title screen*

alex: okaaaaay, that sure was a thing, vinny. what is this thing? tell me about the thing.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

"fun"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a man who puts finger quotes around the word fun

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what a broken piece of poo poo!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

happy new year

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Radish posted:

Christ Brad actually got Destiny on that list. I wonder what lovely game he'll be obsessed with in 2015 (other than DOTA).

destiny

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dota madness

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hi Kotaku, I'm Patrick Klepek

You might know me, you might not, but my name's Patrick Klepek, and I'm the newest addition to the Kotaku family. I've been writing about video games in various forms since I was 14-years-old, and spent most of the past four years as the news (and horror) editor at Giant Bomb.

Oh My God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

from now on, all my posts will be prefaced with 'you might know me, you might not but...'