Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I call November 2019 for the Dan's Dad Deathpool.

Also I loving love Dan. A friend of mine once said "no one wants a dumb dog" and Dan Rykert is proof to the contrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Just watched some of the roller coaster video and when Dan says "I hope we get a lot of streetpasses" I thought it was legitimately funny.

Dan is the type of guy that if you had known him in college you would expect to find out that he actually failed out second semester of his senior year.

Still love Dan.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Serious question though; is it mathematically possible for every meal to be Fourth Meal (tm)?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Listed to the podcast late this week, came to see the Peach talk.

Brad is a dumbass if he thinks it's even possible to shame Dan.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Liquid Penguins posted:

no one at giant bomb has any shame, it's why they still have klepek around

Patrick has to go on and on about why he has feelings. Dan just has them.

Basically gently caress Patrick forever <3 Dan

At least I don't have to listen to Patrick's terrible voice on the Bombcast anymore.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

who's the guy on there that said windows phone is great and beloved this week? gently caress that guy and his fat sounding voice imo.

Brad claimed that people liked it and that he had one for two years... Which to me says he couldn't have liked it that much or why doesn't he still have one?

Brad has spent like hundreds of dollars on Dota iirc so whatever he says is probably wrong anyway.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

Dans a loving idiot who is ruling the earth

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Vargs posted:

patrick looks 15 years old without the lovely beard. of all the giant bomb members currently sporting bad beards, he needs to keep it the most

He should shave it and look like a kid instead of keep it and look like a dirty turd.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I still agree with the thread title but I also posit that Dan Ryckert did nothing right.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

seriously i am listening to a bombcast now and it's just a wasteland of silence from dan while they talk about a pc games. he is cool but he needs to be able to hold court on topics that aren't wrestling, console games and "crazy dan thing of the week"

Does he?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Giant Bomb Drinking Game:

Anytime Patrick says "Ludonarrative Dissonance" take a shot and hope Dan starts talking soon.

Anytime Patrick writes "Ludonarrative Dissonance" kill yourself why the gently caress are you reading a Patrick article.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

"Ludonarrative, a compound of ludology and narrative, refers to the intersection in a video game of ludic elements — or gameplay — and narrative elements.[1] It is commonly used in the term Ludonarrative dissonance.[1][2][3]

Video game theorist Tom Bissell, in his book Extra Lives (2010), notes the example of Call of Duty 4, where a player can all but kill their digital partner during gameplay without upsetting the built in narrative of the game.[3]"

mario is the hero but he stomped all those goombas to death what if Mario is a bad guy??????????? *big wet fart*

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

If you ever find yourself thinking about ludonarrative dissonance; stop. Call up your parents and apologize for everything.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

A Meat posted:

Wouldn't Ryan be forever trapped in Patrick's body? Or would he just be like a skeleton or a zombie or something?

Ryan would look like Spinal from KI with the sweet red bandana.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

more specific

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

"Hey guys I picked this really gross email I shouldn't even read it but boy it is crazy"

"OK read it."

"Noooooo it's soooooo gross you guys it's craaaaazy"

Repeat until everyone wants Brad to end the podcast because he sucks at emails.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Sometimes I look at Patrick articles since he posts all the news stuff and at least 50% of the time one of the first 20 or so comments is pointing out a typo.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 12, 2014

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Brad isn't even that fat.

Compared to what he used to be, he sure is. All those arm sized burritos or w/e

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I spent ten seconds googling it out of curiosity and found that it had its strongest week of sales since the console's launch, which you'd think would be worth mentioning.

If Brad wasn't forced to be the host this is like 300% more time than he would spend researching anything for the podcast.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Everyone at the table has a smart phone and/or laptop and you still get times where they just talk in circles about something wondering aloud what the real answer is. All the hatin' I posted in the thread has just been goofin' (except really gently caress Patrick) but it seems fairly unprofessional.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

True Fact: Whenever I see the word "problematic" written on the internet, I hear it in Patrick's voice.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Um, they're "enthusiast press" thanks.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

drat, I was just thinking about how much higher Revengeance would have been on the GOTY list if Dan had been working that year.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I don't understand how Dan could love Bayo 2 and not like Revengeance.

RE: Rorie - Read his blog sometime, that poo poo is bananas.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Like to me the poo poo that Rorie puts on his blog is weirder than anything Dan has ever done.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Open a window and maybe he'll just fly away.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Haha they had to block comments in Patrick's goodbye post.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jeff Gerstmann: PK Fire! :D

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

I tried that blistered thumbs or whatever and it was boring as gently caress. I also tried the Super Best Friends podcast but their lead has an incredibly obnoxious personality that I just don't get at all. It feels more like a bunch of friends dicking around which is fine if you manage to reel it in and be coherent once in a while.

GB podcast best podcast.

I like Super Best Friends as a break from GB. They're SUPER into stuff that I have less interest in, but I like listening to them talk about it and maybe hear about new stuff. Their subject matter is a little closer to 8-4 Play but with fighting games added in. I wanted to like 8-4 Play but I find it to be boring/annoying most of the time. As much as Patrick or Brad get poo poo on at various times by various people, neither of them call themselves "Gaming Jesus" as a loving nickname like Mark Macdonald from 8-4 (seriously what a tool).

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Lord Dan Ryckert did nothing wrong.

Someone make a Person of Lordly Caliber romhack so that Dan is the main guy. All battles have the Rocky montage music as the battle theme and the MGS sound track is in there someplace too.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Rannos22 posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting the 4000 word tell all post on his tumblr about how it was the reason he quit.

Three thousand, nine hundred, and fifty of those words will be about how grateful he is to Ryan and Jeff and how he understands why they choose to hire Dan and he still loves those guys and GB, then the last fifty words will just be "problematic" in increasingly incorrect and disjointed spellings.

Kind of like the FFT L I T T L E M O N E Y.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

elf help book posted:

i hope jeff loses weight so he has to buy a whole bunch of new tshirts

Haha holy poo poo for some reason I am really in to this comment.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

drat that is a good avatar

Hey HeyCrapOnThis, from now on please post in character as Dan only. You have already begun with the quoted post.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

If you want to get into any of the weekly programming, check out NXT. It's only 1 hour a week and their PPV equivalent specials (NXT Takeover) are basically all excellent.

Judging from what you've said here I think you would like Enzo and Big Cass from that particular program.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

NXT is good but I wish they would like pump fake audio in or something because watching a wrestling match with a tiny crowd is really weird

I actually find the crowd to be too loud a lot of the time because everyone is just dying to chant SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Psycobladder posted:

I guess i shouldnt be surprised when Brad plays poo poo like Destiny and buys the DLC like a chump.

Like a chump heyyyy like a chump heyyyy

Over/under that Dan likes that song?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I'm Lang so Godlike

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Sorry you subscribed to WWE Network and got stick with a really lovely Royal Rumble (the match itself, the rest of the PPV was pretty good).

That triple threat match was legit really good at least.

If you want to watch a really good Rumble, try 1992.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

NienNunb posted:

"Are they poisonous?"

--Dan Ryckert on crabs

Is this in reference to the food item or the genital affliction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

that email where the gf questions the existence of the giant bomb crew is mindfucking me

I really wish Brad had saved it to read when Jeff is back.