Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Love this adaptation so far. Can hardly believe we're getting such long, detailed episodes, and the inhuman speed of the Servants is being really well shown.

They've improved upon certain things over the VN, too, specifically (FZ spoilerish?) Saber's shock at hearing the name Emiya, which iirc was not conveyed at all in the VN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

I definitely enjoyed Fate/Zero more than Fate/stay night (I've played the game too). I think it's an excellent example of a work passing through many hands and becoming better as a result. The lore developed by Nasu, the character design by Takeuchi, and a compelling drama written by Urobuchi. All comes together quite well.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

I think it will be interesting to see whether once completed, the show has addressed your (perfectly reasonable, imo) criticism to your satisfaction.

It inevitably has to wrap it all up, but in the game I felt the drip fed exploration of Shirou's motivations and personality were satisfying, and I would perhaps feel the same way about the anime that you do if I weren't coming with that existing knowledge.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

If you remove the fights from any of these shows what do you have?

A reductio ad absurdum.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

amuayse posted:

I've just started watching this and I have to ask: Does Rin get any better and less annoying?

Yes. In theory.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

The best order to watch the shows is the order they aired, which means starting with Shingetsutan Tsukihime.

Have withstood pain to create best viewing experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Loved the inclusion of the reworked disillusion (OP from the original DEEN production) for the ED.

• Locked thread