Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Spoiling for anyone that doesn't want to know the premise of an upcoming episode. But you should know, because it's gonna be AWEEESOMMMEE

They're going to do a Ferris Bueller episode where Barry tries to skip school and have a Bueller day, and freaking Charlie Sheen is going to be playing his cop shop character that Erica runs into yesssssssssssssssss

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Charlie-Sheen-Goldbergs-Ferris-Bueller-1091003.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

This season has been really good so far but I think that's going to be the standout episode of the season just like the Goonies one.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Finally caught up on this season and my goodness Beverly and Barry have both reached new heights this season and it's incredible. The great thing about Beverly is they took the Walter White-esque anti-hero trait of "destroys anybody who stands in his way" and put it in a mother, who, at her worst, can do so much more damage. It's like that Louis CK bit about how a man will beat the poo poo out of you or whatever, but a woman will ruin your life. Honestly, if you just took the happy endings out of every episode, she would be a great candidate for scariest/most ruthless character on television. The prime example I can think of right now is with the gym teacher. Like, if this wasn't a sitcom, she would have made sure he never got a gym teacher job again anywhere in the country.

And she's not even the best character on this show, I love it :allears:

Barry's gonna wind up with one hell of a demo reel by the time this show's over (which I hope is not for like ten years)

uublog fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 28, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
New episode tonight.

Also, it seems that Troy Gentile (Barry) hasn't updated his IMDB profile in a while...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1795630/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 8, 2015

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I <3 you babby

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh my god... Pop's Potato family.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Zero One posted:

Also, it seems that Troy Gentile (Barry) hasn't updated his IMDB profile in a while...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1795630/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

Haha, I love that he's played young Jack Black in 2 different movies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That episode ruled. When they brought up doing the video I knew it'd be amazing, but the bonus at the end? Best ever. I love that Goldberg's real life was the thing of nostalgic sitcom gold.

Quisty
Apr 10, 2008

I like to pinch.
This is the greatest show on TV at the moment. We were crying laughing at the witch fingers.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I'm glad I saw this thread because I forgot the show came back for the second half of the season. It's definitely among my favorite shows on TV at the moment.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
George Segal as Optimus Prime :allears:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lmao he really made a movie to bring back Optimus Prime

love his videos

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I was never into the Transformers as a kid so I guess that makes me hopelessly weird. I didn't know that Optimus Prime died in the original movie. Jesus, what is it with cartoon movies made for kids always having such horrific tragedy thrown in to mind gently caress us at an impressionable age?

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

The Duke posted:

Haha, I love that he's played young Jack Black in 2 different movies.

The fact that he played young JB is the revelation of the century for me. It makes so much sense. I don't think I would have even noticed if I re-watched Pick of Destiny without knowing about it.

Edit: Okay, after watching Kickapoo just now I think I would have noticed.

FeastForCows fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 15, 2015

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I loved the very 80's movie prom ending (even if it wasn't prom).

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Colonial Air Force posted:

I loved the very 80's movie prom ending (even if it wasn't prom).

Jeez dude get it right, it was the Darryl Dawkins dance. The ball is in her court!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ein cooler Typ posted:

lmao he really made a movie to bring back Optimis Prime

Fixed.

Two great episodes in a row, I love the Barry/Lainey relationship (and had no idea Lainey was played by Aly Michalka's sister), Evelyn was awesome and I hope she comes back because Allie Grant always kills it.

Show is set in Philly. I'm an Eagles fan. Next ep is called 'Cowboys Suck!'. I can't wait.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
Where was this show all my life? :iiam: also glad to see the Chocolate Thunder was properly represented

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Ein cooler Typ posted:

lmao he really made a movie to bring back Optimus Prime

love his videos

This show is made so, so much more special in that it's based on real people and real events with the video tapes to prove it. Barry and Adam dancing to NKOTB in the last episode with the side by side comparison to the real life footage was amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Factor Mystic posted:

This show is made so, so much more special in that it's based on real people and real events with the video tapes to prove it. Barry and Adam dancing to NKOTB in the last episode with the side by side comparison to the real life footage was amazing.

Adam Goldberg was literally living a sitcom, and it means you can't really complain if you think it's hitting any tropes. I love it to pieces, but haven't had much luck getting other people onto it here sadly.

TVByTheNumbers has 5 smiley faces next to the show's future which is fantastic news. Can't imagine anything other than renewal.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

TVByTheNumbers has 5 smiley faces next to the show's future which is fantastic news. Can't imagine anything other than renewal.
It pulls similar numbers to The Middle and that show is hardly setting the ratings world on fire yet it hit syndication and is still chugging along.
It complements The Middle in tone with family driven sitcoms.

As long as The Goldbergs doesn't get banished to the Friday death slot like <cough cough> The Neighbors or lose it's direction like Suburgatory it should stick around.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As the OP for The Neighbours, agreed. Sigh.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Finally a new episode tonight!

Adam <3 Dan

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 12, 2015

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Man that episode was so sweet it almost gave me diabetes.

I love this show so much. I rewatched a few seasons of Gilmore Girls over the christmas break and this hits the same spot.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was wrong when I thought during s1 that every episode should be focussed on Barry.

Every episode should be focused on Barry and Lainey.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
That David Sirrota ending gave me chills and I still don't know who he is. Off to google.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.

FeastForCows posted:

The fact that he played young JB is the revelation of the century for me. It makes so much sense. I don't think I would have even noticed if I re-watched Pick of Destiny without knowing about it.

Edit: Okay, after watching Kickapoo just now I think I would have noticed.

Any one here remeber hotel for dogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5djUDJaY7Ig

This is like rewatching the hitman movie and remembering that timothy olyphant was in it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

WOO! This is why I eat garbage!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Tonight's episode:

quote:

Barry Goldberg's Day Off

Barry pretends to be sick so he can have an epic day off -- but things don't go as planned.

The previews they've been running look amazing: https://t.co/Lx6UdNzfh4

Zero One fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 25, 2015

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

best episode ever.

It's like I've been sitting here for 27 loving years!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Pretzel Emperor.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Crusty Nutsack posted:

best episode ever.

It's like I've been sitting here for 27 loving years!

His cameo took an already amazing episode in to legendary status.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
OMG that last shot of her stalking from the treehouse door.

She-ra. The strongest heroine out there.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 5, 2015

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Maybe I'm a weirdo but when the Heart music came out of nowhere each time Erica touched one of The JTP it hit me right in the funny spot.
I literally belly laughed at that bit.

This show is so enjoyable.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Haha... calling Adam "the baby" right in front of him.

I RODE THE TINY TRAIN!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
The 700 level in Veteran's Stadium was an absolute madhouse. They had a mini courtroom / jail in the basement mainly for the drunks and combatants / drunk combatants from the 700 level.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yelly-Punchy Barry

East and West Russia reunited by Knight Rider on the Great Wall of China.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 2, 2015

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Two new episodes tonight. At 8:30 and 9:30.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Such a good show. I was hoping they'd show Real Barry's American Gladiator tape, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
As a fan of The Noid, loved all the references last night.

• Locked thread