Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HexagonalSun
Mar 2, 2013

NUKE THE SWISS

I have a repair-related question.

Family member needs some assistance fixing a Panasonic AE2000U - does anyone have any recommendations as to where it should be sent? preferably west coast, PNW specifically. I haven't had any luck contacting Panasonic directly. I believe all that needs to be done is a polarizer swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

HexagonalSun posted:

I have a repair-related question.

Family member needs some assistance fixing a Panasonic AE2000U - does anyone have any recommendations as to where it should be sent? preferably west coast, PNW specifically. I haven't had any luck contacting Panasonic directly. I believe all that needs to be done is a polarizer swap.

Searched through some emails with a former client who moved out west and saw that our Panasonic distributor had made a few inquiries on our behalf regarding a Panasonic projector belonging to a client who’d relocated to the west coast. The calls yielded a clear winner: [url=] https://digitronav.com/repair/projector-repair/panasonic-projector-repair/[/url]

Client said it went very smoothly (to the point that the only “surprise” with the process was how free of surprises it was.

Best of luck with it

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Anyone have a suggestion for wireless streaming/casting dongle/stick for your projector. I want to get rid of the HDMI cable that comes out of my projector to clean up my living room a bit. Was looking at a chrome cast, but am a bit weary about the whole IoT device and google product nature. I dont use netflix or other streaming services anyways since i have a plex server setup, so all i would need is a wireless screen mirroring adapter.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

ughhhh posted:

Anyone have a suggestion for wireless streaming/casting dongle/stick for your projector. I want to get rid of the HDMI cable that comes out of my projector to clean up my living room a bit. Was looking at a chrome cast, but am a bit weary about the whole IoT device and google product nature. I dont use netflix or other streaming services anyways since i have a plex server setup, so all i would need is a wireless screen mirroring adapter.

Roku is your best bet for this use case. They makes solid, reliable product but they do not make content (so they aren’t in the same business as some of the companies that do both things.) Even the best Roku models with the best wireless antenna arrays (for the most reliable performance) are very inexpensive and not large. The screen mirroring is good and there aren’t any convoluted processes involved in making it work.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

ughhhh posted:

This really depends on what content you're trying to run over the wireless connection.

WirelessHD is the most flexible option, being more or less equal to a HDMI cable up to 1080p, but it's expensive and requires line-of-sight between the transmitter and the receiver due to using 60 GHz radio to do its thing. It's the only option if you want to use game consoles over the wireless link.

If you only care about using a PC as the source, then solutions like Steam Link and Miracast come in to play. Steam Link is gaming focused but can be used to stream anything not DRM protected with low latency. Miracast is cheaper and more widely supported (many Android devices can source it rather than just PCs) but doesn't really put effort in to latency.

In either of those cases you will need to do some fiddling to get the audio to sync up with the video if you don't want to send it to the projector's speaker.

If you don't actually care about the PC connection at all then you could pick your favorite streaming stick platform, but you'll have the reverse problem of now needing to get audio down from the projector to your sound system. Bluetooth might be workable in some cases if you don't care about surround.

High definition video is a lot of data, it's really hard to move it around wirelessly once it's been decompressed.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Holy poo poo projectors are cool, thanks for the advice Discernibly Turgid, we wound up getting the Epson 2250. Testing it out on a random wall here while we wait for a 106" pull down screen to arrive:

large hands fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

wolrah posted:

Steam Link and Miracast come in to play. Steam Link is gaming focused but can be used to stream anything not DRM protected with low latency.

I had a steam link laying around but sadly it can't be powered through usb, which just adds to more wires. Balls.