Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

I'm looking for a projector as a tv replacement that can deal with ambient light. A silverticket 120" gray fixed screen is probably going to be the screen.

With a budget of ~$800 I'm considering the Optoma HD131XE or XD141X (The colorwheel is an issue here) and the HT1075 (input lag for gaming is a problem). The weird throw offset of the Epson 2030 made me discount it. Any suggestions one way or another? Decent performance with indirect sunlight and input lag are my two main concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

King Hotpants posted:

The Epson LS projectors aren't out yet in the US as far as I know, and they'll be in restricted distribution when they do finally arrive. And in my opinion, the LS10000 is worth the extra $2k if you can swing it.

The HT1075 is so much better than the HD131X/HD141X that the slight increase in input lag is more than worth it.

Out of curiosity: what games are you playing that you're concerned about? Have you had problems with input lag before, and if so can you tell me about them?

I haven't had issues with input lag before, I was just concerned over it after I read the projectorcentral review. Typical games are game-of-the-month shooters, racing games, some third person games. All pretty casual in nature. Projector wise - I have an older Panasonic PT-L785U that I do outdoor theater stuff with including splitscreen games. Input lag was never a problem for me there, though I don't know that Panasonic measures up.