Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Does anyone have projector recommendations for a medium-size briefing room? I should keep the cost under $2k each, but $1k would be better. Not sure where to start. I'm ordering two. Must be able to order online. Needs to be ceiling mounted.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

I'll let you know about the one I just ordered, the 1400 lumen LED one I linked, because that is exactly where it is going and how it will be mounted.

How is the lighting in the room? Any outdoor windows, or is it just a windowless room? Is the lighting dimmable or just on/off fluorescent? If you can keep it dim I'd recommend an LED projector because they are smaller/quieter, turn on/off instantly (bulbs need both start up and cool down times) and you don't have to worry about the bulb aging and needing replacement, or worse, randomly imploding in the middle of a meeting (I've seen that one too).
Cool. Windowless, non-dimmable fluorescent.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Thanks. Went with two of these Optomas.